Longest metal pegs?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/18/2019 11:25 AM

Hey guys, i have had the merrit gfe plastic pegs for a bit now and im starting to miss metal pegs but i got so used to the lenght of the gfe’s so i checked every online site i know of and the longest i can find is 4,5 not that its the worlds biggest problem but is there anny longer metal pegs on the market and can somebody point me in the right direction? Sorry about the length i know i could have made this post a lot shorter?

|

Street yes please

3/18/2019 11:32 AM

It's not about the length; it's about how you use it! laughing

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/18/2019 11:34 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

I know dude but i suck at getting my grinds locked in so i need looooong pegs?

|

Street yes please

3/18/2019 11:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/18/2019 1:59 PM

4piecenorway wrote:

I know dude but i suck at getting my grinds locked in so i need looooong pegs?

Sounds like you just need to practise elsewhere; I mean, grinding at home is pretty fun but I'm sure there's a nice tidy ledge with low standards, in town somewhere, that you could be grinding on instead! laughing

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/18/2019 11:52 AM

Get better at grinding. Longer pegs wont do crap

|

3/18/2019 11:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/18/2019 11:55 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Get better at grinding. Longer pegs wont do crap

Dude, I was hijacking this thread! FFS! laughing

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

3/18/2019 12:20 PM

A quarter of an inch isnt going to help you lock in. If you hit it that far away from the bike, you arent making the grind anyway.

Now for distance, yeah it’ll help you STAY locked in and give you a little more wiggle room, but this is really only apparent with plastics because its easy to slide off the grinding surface if your balance is off or you are setting up for another trick, especially on metal rails.

|

3/18/2019 12:24 PM

Imma try to answer u guys tomorrow, to tired to read?

|

Street yes please

3/18/2019 12:47 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Not the size of the ship, it's the motion of the ocean!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/18/2019 1:29 PM

Gap in the market...make some!

|

Ride everything

3/18/2019 4:14 PM

Long pegs actually slow you down on most concrete ledges. Grinding rails you want to grind close to your dropouts as possible anyway so I don't know how the long pegs help out. I can see long pegs being useful on locking crooks down that's about it

|

3/18/2019 6:50 PM

ComplicatedStreetBmx wrote:

Long pegs actually slow you down on most concrete ledges. Grinding rails you want to grind close to your dropouts as possible anyway so I don't know how the long pegs help out. I can see long pegs being useful on locking crooks down that's about it

I feel like it's not even noticeable though, at least I haven't noticed any slow down since I switched from 4" to 4.5"

longer pegs give more wiggle room especially on crooks like you thought. Those and hard 180s got much easier since switching to longer pegs but obviously longer pegs won't magically make someone good at those tricks either.

|

3/18/2019 10:33 PM

my old standard pegs are 5 inches. unsure if standard still makes them

|

3/19/2019 12:10 AM

Not even gonna quote u guys but i just feel like i fall outta grinds more on my 4" pegs and i have not done that yet on my plastic’s i ride a lot more legdes then rails so imma stick with metals. Btw why are pegs so expensive its only tubes ?

|

Street yes please

3/19/2019 12:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2019 12:31 AM

4piecenorway wrote:

Not even gonna quote u guys but i just feel like i fall outta grinds more on my 4" pegs and i have not done that yet on my plastic’s i ride a lot more legdes then rails so imma stick with metals. Btw why are pegs so expensive its only tubes ?

heat treating and internal machining raises the price in the case of steel ones at least

edit: internal machining as in some pegs are butted on the inside

|

3/19/2019 12:34 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

heat treating and internal machining raises the price in the case of steel ones at least

Yeah i did not really think about the machining part of the peg but i can see that now, maby i should email bullet about some custom foot longs

|

Street yes please

3/25/2019 7:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2019 7:35 PM

4piecenorway wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

4piecenorway wrote:

Yeah i did not really think about the machining part of the peg but i can see that now, maby i should email bullet about some custom foot longs

Just use your gfe's without the sleeves! I keep one in my bag in case want to do some stalls and I'm having trouble with the plastic sliding around. Since I switched to aluminum plastic sleeved pegs, I use some of my steel sleeved pegs, naked. I just don't like fucking up my ledges anymore, so I don't use steel pegs for concrete.

Also, longer pegs help lock in feebles and give you more room to steer if you land with your front wheel too deep on a ledge.

|

3/25/2019 7:38 PM

I’m pretty stoked on my 4.5” Doomsday pegs by Cult. They are pretty small in diameter so you’ll end up grinding a bit of your rear dropouts for the first session or so. Then it wears into a perfect fit.

I gotta say thoug, plastic is sweet because its so much quieter. I swear i can ride spots longer on plastic pegs because they don’t make a ruckus of noise.

|

3/25/2019 8:03 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

I’m pretty stoked on my 4.5” Doomsday pegs by Cult. They are pretty small in diameter so you’ll end up grinding a bit of your rear dropouts for the first session or so. Then it wears into a perfect fit.

I gotta say thoug, plastic is sweet because its so much quieter. I swear i can ride spots longer on plastic pegs because they don’t make a ruckus of noise.

Ya man! Plastic is the way to go for a little street discrete.

|