Longest you've ran a part

Related:
Create New Tag

5/1/2017 7:48 PM

I've had the same Profile GHD's since 2010. Wondering if anyone else has literally ridden parts down to the bone without snapping em.

The left hand side is siezed so it's technically a 2 piece crank

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

5/1/2017 8:07 PM

So far my Shadow Scream sprocket. Had that thing just about over a year and they're just finally showing wear. Not much at all though

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

5/1/2017 8:29 PM

Front right peg is from January 2009 haha

|

5/1/2017 8:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2017 8:58 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

filthy.. lets see it hahah

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

5/1/2017 8:59 PM

GCBMX69 wrote:

So far my Shadow Scream sprocket. Had that thing just about over a year and they're just finally showing wear. Not much at all ...more

takes at least a year to break in a sprocket

|

5/1/2017 9:02 PM

My barends came off of a mosh complete from 2003, hella old but in great shape

|

5/1/2017 10:37 PM

My seat is like 3 years old with no major rips , my back wheel
I got used about 3 years ago is probably like 4 years old total , umm other than that maybe my headset bearing ?

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/1/2017 10:53 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

filthy.. lets see it hahah

look close in th 2nd pic and you can see a dent haha it used to be my front left (regular grind side) until I got new pegs… surprised it doesn't look worse considering I never rotate it and I grind a fuckton. The back one looked horrible and made it about 5 & a half years, I'll throw a pic of that up too. Steel pegs rule.

Photo

Photo

old rear

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

5/1/2017 11:18 PM

I've still got a few second hand bits on my bike, don't have a clue how old my cranks, front hub or bars are

|

5/2/2017 12:06 AM

my cranks, my front hub and one of my front pegs are from April 2009

back then i switched from MTB to BMX

the hub (vandero 2) needs new bearings but otherwise its fine

|

IG: @_almost_crook

5/2/2017 5:31 AM

For people still running old parts: Do you just like that your bike is broken in(like a baseball glove) or do you want new parts but it's not in our budget atm?
I've always wondered why some people choose to run old parts.

|

5/2/2017 10:11 AM

Sheldon. wrote:

For people still running old parts: Do you just like that your bike is broken in(like a baseball glove) or do you want new ...more

I could do with a front hub. Mine has the infamous profile wobble, but I've coke can shimmed it for now. There's nothing wrong with my cranks apart from a rounded bolt, but I do get worried about how old they could be. I just can't be bothered to buy a new pair right now.

As for my bars, I keep trying different ones and I always come back to them. They just feel right, even though every now and then I don't like the look of them

|

5/2/2017 7:51 PM

Sheldon. wrote:

For people still running old parts: Do you just like that your bike is broken in(like a baseball glove) or do you want new ...more

Ehh I like when I have a solid old part on my bike that just feels super sturdy. Some sort of charm about it. Like in your head your just know you're good on them. It's a type of right of passage thing or something to ride it until it's literally broken. I'll probably ride em till they snap, then lifetime warranty will cover me. Ding done

|

5/2/2017 7:52 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

look close in th 2nd pic and you can see a dent haha it used to be my front left (regular grind side) until I got new pegs… ...more

gad damn.. impressive. don't believe i've ever seen pegs with holes worn in em

|

5/2/2017 8:12 PM

Ran profile race cranks with a ti spindle for 13 years , didn't even break them but figured it was time to get new cranks they were well worth the price

|

5/2/2017 8:17 PM

The front Demolition Zero/Bulimia wheel on my main ride has been on pretty consistent use for like 6 years. Same with my Haro fat seat although that's not on my main bike anymore.

|

5/3/2017 1:06 AM

KINK seat, KINK seatpost, and ODI plastic bar ends for four years.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

5/3/2017 4:54 PM

Stem is from like 05 or 06-the original Shadow Topload, headset cap is 2010, bar ends are around 07 08 or so.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/3/2017 5:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/3/2017 5:46 PM

Sheldon. wrote:

I buy new parts when I find deals but usually my motto in BMX is if it ain't broke don't fix it... ride it till it breaks and replace stuff as you need, unless you are dialing stuff in then sometimes a few purchases here and there are necessary. And as for a part my T1 barcode has been Going strong since 01. Indestructible....

|

5/3/2017 6:34 PM

Sheldon. wrote:

It has been a great stem and held bars better than the other three I have had briefly in the middle of that. I also like how it makes the front end feel.

The others were:
Profile Acoustic
Eastern Deceptikon (or something like that-came on 2010 Boss)
Demolition Front Load Something

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/3/2017 7:54 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Stem is from like 05 or 06-the original Shadow Topload, headset cap is 2010, bar ends are around 07 08 or so.

Photo

This is the stem I have, but mine was Pine Green and stripped down with a wire wheel, then painted blue then black.
|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/4/2017 4:13 AM

My pedals from 2013

|

It’s all bmx

5/4/2017 11:01 PM

7ka front rim from over 2 years ago. Been through a Proper and Primo back rim but still on the same front rim I started with.

|

5/6/2017 9:53 AM

When I was a child, I won a Schwinn predator bmx (made in america) the sprocket, cranks,fork,seat and handlebars lasted more than 7 years. It would prolly still be going if not for physically beating it up when a kid pissed me off.. stupid me

|

5/6/2017 10:36 AM

My Primo Powerbite crank arms and Odyssey Hazard Lite V1 cassette rear wheel are about 11yrs old, but I only have about 5yrs of everyday riding on them.

I upgraded the crank spindle & bolts to the V2 for shits and giggles and I've never serviced my rear cassette in the 11yrs I've owned it (still rolling smooth, but I should probably get some new fresh bearings).

As to why I haven't upgraded? If it still works... why not put the money into other parts? lol

|

5/9/2017 8:36 AM

Ran my fit series one frame that I bought in 2002 up until today, so 15 years! I barely rode for like 10 of those years though...Anyways, picked up a Frame, Bars, Tires, BB, and headset yesterday from Albes
Photo

|

5/9/2017 7:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2017 7:20 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

My Primo Powerbite crank arms and Odyssey Hazard Lite V1 cassette rear wheel are about 11yrs old, but I only have about 5yrs ...more

That's amazing I've never gone more than like 2 1/2 years on a cassette -_-. Mine's going right now actually lol

|

5/9/2017 9:01 PM

Roose87 wrote:

Ran my fit series one frame that I bought in 2002 up until today, so 15 years! I barely rode for like 10 of those years ...more

Good for you sounds like you were over due for a frame anyway. The fit savage is a sick frame I'd love to ride one!

|

5/10/2017 7:45 AM

Coopers25 wrote:

Good for you sounds like you were over due for a frame anyway. The fit savage is a sick frame I'd love to ride one!

Thanks man. Yeah I was a little worried how I'd do on the new geo but i took it for a quick ride last night and holy hell I've been missing out.

|

5/11/2017 7:41 AM

Spenlard wrote:

I've had the same Profile GHD's since 2010. Wondering if anyone else has literally ridden parts down to the bone without ...more

Eastern spocket and Odyssey med lever. The sprocket I forgot how old it is. Came off a stock Eastern Element the 2nd year they came out. The lever is a 1st run of the meds. I don't change my lever unless it breaks. I ran a Tech 77 for 9-10 years and the Odyssey is the replacement after the hinge snapped on the 77 falling on a huge gap I bailed.

Shout out to Sunday I rode a Wave 1 for 5 years and sold it. Guy still rides it!

|