Look at my bars

Related:
Create New Tag

4/22/2015 11:37 AM

They feel right, but they look to far forward.. That should be okay right?

My old bikes had a steeper headtube angle and lining them up with the forks worked.

I lined the bars up with the front axle on this bike now it handles like my old bike. Also, with my bars forward it feels like I'm keeping less of my body wieght on the bars.

Photo

|

4/22/2015 1:46 PM

Look fine to me. I ride em the same way

|

4/22/2015 1:55 PM

That's fine, as long as it feels fine to you that's all that matters. I've seen them way more forward than that haha

|

4/22/2015 2:06 PM

I run my Chicago ed as well, it just feels better. Charlie crumlish also runs his crazy forward and he seems to be doing fine with it

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

4/22/2015 2:11 PM

i make them parallel with my forks but it's all preference.it looks weird to me any other way.

|

4/22/2015 2:43 PM

Just making sure, I didn't want to strip my bar and have them slide foward on a heavy landing. I'm used to my old racebikes which had a steeper headtube ( and a waaaaay longer chain stay) it looks really goofy to me but feels great. I'm totally not used to this bike geometry it feels so wierd.

|

4/22/2015 3:29 PM

You will get used to it but i agree my t1 has a 14.25 back end and the new t1 i have is 13.2. World of a difference.

|

4/22/2015 4:06 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

You will get used to it but i agree my t1 has a 14.25 back end and the new t1 i have is 13.2. World of a difference.

Thats a world of difference? Haha, I went from 17.75" to 13.75" a gawd damn universe apart. Everytime I jump my reartire kicks out 90 degrees, if i try and manual... well I just sitdown on the ground really hard. I like this bike alot but riding it is bullocks at the moment.

|

4/24/2015 5:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2015 5:33 AM

Mychaylo wrote:

Nwewinit wrote:

Thats a world of difference? Haha, I went from 17.75" to 13.75" a gawd damn universe apart. Everytime I jump my reartire kicks ...more

LMAO ' if i try and manual... well I just sit down on the ground really hard''.

I like the way you put it

|

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start, to be great...

4/25/2015 2:27 AM

Look good to me. I've run mine about the same since 1999, which has always been a little Chicago. Before that, I rode 'em leaning back 'cause I was a lil gaffer.

|

Check my bikecheck
Eat shit or die tryin', yo!

4/25/2015 4:22 AM

Try different things and see what you like.

Pushing the bar forward is cool because the bike is more roomy, and it's cool for nose tricks if you're into that, because you have more weight on your front end but this also make the bike really twitchy (which is not cool if you ride a bowl or trail, or anything with speed).

I run mine almost parrallel to fork, just a tiny bit forward (when we look from the top, otherwise it looks parrallel).
Yours, is a lot forward, try a bit forward, parrallel... maybe you'll like it more/

|