Lookin at an eastern

Related:
Create New Tag

6/30/2007 5:57 AM

Im lookin at getting a new complet this summer i really wouldent like to spend more than 250, but im really likeing the eastern traildigger, i wouldent mind spending the little bit more for it, thats pretty much what im looking for too, let me hear the good and bad and if there is a better bike for the price thanks

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Bicycles will break bones and parts but never hearts.

6/30/2007 8:10 AM

I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT EASTERN'S BUT ALOT OF PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM AND OTHERS WOULD TELL YA TOO LOOK ELSEWHERE.I'VE HEARD THE PARTS PACKAGE THAT COMES ON THEIR LOWER END BIKES ARN'T VERY GOOD.I'D ALSO STAY AWAY FROM DK FOR THE SAME REASON, I'VE HEARD STOLEN'S ARE GOOD(CHECK OUT THE GETAWAY,AND THE GOBLIN)THEIR IN YOUR PRICE RANGE.ALSO THE FIT AM IS IN YOUR PRICE RANGE(ROBO KNOWS HIS STUFF)WTP(WE THE PEOPLE)ARE ALSO QUALITY BIKES, THE NOVA'S UP YOUR ALLEY AND SO ARE SOME OF THE HOFFMAN'S.IF YA CAN SWING IT SPEND A LITTLE MORE MONEY(LIKE $50)AND YOU WILL GET ALOT MORE BIKE FOR A LITTLE MONEY.GOOD LUCK MAN.

Post edited by: pantera214life, at: 6/30/2007 6:12 PM

Post edited by: pantera214life, at: 6/30/2007 6:13 PM

|

6/30/2007 8:16 AM

the stolen getaway is supposed to be pretty good for about $270
the mirraco icon option is great and its $250

|

6/30/2007 9:58 PM

m477i3 wrote:

the stolen getaway is supposed to be pretty good for about $270
the mirraco icon option is great and its $250

idk what i want looked at a bunch of bikes today,I'm really likin the kink gap any body heard anything about em if so let me know

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Bicycles will break bones and parts but never hearts.

7/1/2007 12:00 PM

m477i3 wrote:

the stolen getaway is supposed to be pretty good for about $270
the mirraco icon option is great and its $250

TumblerBmx wrote:

idk what i want looked at a bunch of bikes today,I'm really likin the kink gap any body heard anything about em if so let me know

Unless you are buying the Jane or the Ace of Spades....then I would look elswhere. Check out some of Stolen and Integrals stuff, they have some good shit available. Spend the extra cash dude, because when you get a shitty complete which incidently has shitty parts because the company needed to chince on quality parts to save you a few bucks, and said parts snap, break, bend, and irritate the shit out of you in any other way possible, you are going to wish you coughed up the extra dough for a better bike. Its either spend the cash now and get a better bike, or buy a shitty complete and end up spending more cash than you would have initially replacing shit part or flat out not be able to ride your bike at all due to busted parts.

|

7/5/2007 7:52 AM

m477i3 wrote:

the stolen getaway is supposed to be pretty good for about $270
the mirraco icon option is great and its $250

TumblerBmx wrote:

idk what i want looked at a bunch of bikes today,I'm really likin the kink gap any body heard anything about em if so let me know

Klinezilla wrote:

Unless you are buying the Jane or the Ace of Spades....then I would look elswhere. Check out some of Stolen and Integrals stuff, they have some good shit available. Spend the extra cash dude, because when you get a shitty complete which incidently has shitty parts because the company needed to chince on quality parts to save you a few bucks, and said parts snap, break, bend, and irritate the shit out of you in any other way possible, you are going to wish you coughed up the extra dough for a better bike. Its either spend the cash now and get a better bike, or buy a shitty complete and end up spending more cash than you would have initially replacing shit part or flat out not be able to ride your bike at all due to busted parts.

kink completes

|

7/5/2007 9:05 PM

I dont kow much about Eastern bikes but a good idea would be to get a Stolen or a Kink complete. The only negative about DK bikes are that some a pretty heavy and where I live theyre kinda expensive. Despite what pantera214life said, DK's are nice bikes

|

7/18/2007 12:43 AM

Hey! I know im kinda late, but here's my two cents worth. I work at a bike shop and had to do everything possible to get my boss to order Easterns. They are amazing completes. Idon't know why everyone rags so much on them. But, coming from both sides, a rider and a seller, the traildigger is an amazing buy. First of all you get the 25/9 gearing. In order to do that to any other bike you buy, you are going to fork over another 100 bucks for a 9t driver and a new sprocket. Two, they are really light for completes. Im pretty sure that the traildigger is somethin like 28 pounds. The only complaint, wheels aren't super tough. However, keep the spokes tight and the tired aired up, and you're gonna have an awesome bike for a really descent price. Don't be ashamed by what other people say. It's your bike, be proud of it. Once again the traildigger is a really good bike and I have spent a couple of hours on one of the shops traildiggers. Good Luck!

|

8/16/2007 7:02 PM

friend just got friend dont like some parts. friend needs new pedals cause they suk grips and the crank suks. owned 2 weeks and going bad

|

5/18/2014 12:34 AM

eastern are the best

|