Looking at complete bikes

Related:
Create New Tag

7/25/2017 6:57 PM

Looking at complete bikes and was thinking the kink curb. My budget is 600 Canadian max what you guys think? Or any better ideas?

|

Ride till you die

7/25/2017 8:01 PM

Hey dude! Kink are a great brand! Other options I would look at are we the people who I believe are the king of completes and have been since I first rode 8 years ago! Had a lot of time out and they still consume the market so that says a lot! And Sunday! Who I notice make great bikes at very good prices! If you find the kink is better for you get it! But I'd definitely have a good look around.

|

7/25/2017 10:53 PM

The Fit bikes on this link are quite bit nicer than the Curb:

Sale bikes at Transition

That Benny 2 is in your budget and it's an 800 dollar bike. If the colour isn't your thing then paint it. The curb is all Hi-ten isn't it? You want as much chromoly as you can get.

|

7/26/2017 5:04 AM

You should be able to even get a full chromoly frame and fork for 600. Keep lookin' ha!

|

7/26/2017 8:55 AM

JoshHM wrote:

You should be able to even get a full chromoly frame and fork for 600. Keep lookin' ha!

Not for 600 Canadian dollars you won't. Maybe used.

|

7/26/2017 9:21 AM

Wow, Canadian dollar is worse than I thought. $500 u.s bike is $900 Canadian.

|

7/26/2017 9:56 AM

Yeah and sorry I realized I said the wrong bike I meant the kink launch but I do but the criteria I am looking for is have to have brakes and 2.4 tyres

|

Ride till you die

7/26/2017 3:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2017 4:04 PM

Cam-bmx wrote:

Yeah and sorry I realized I said the wrong bike I meant the kink launch but I do but the criteria I am looking for is have to ...more

Benny 2 - it has brakes - removable

This is a way better bike than the Launch. Chromo front end, 2.4 tires, brakes and in your budget. Don't buy a hi-ten bike if you can get some chromoly for the same price.
|

7/28/2017 3:59 PM

Problem I am running into is with taxes and shipping the fit is over my budget if I manage to get my current bike sold I'll probably go for the gap or whip and if not I think I'll suck up and go hi ten and get the launch or curb. Or if I get really lucky and the wtp justice stays in sale for 2 weeks on 3ride get that one

|

Ride till you die

7/29/2017 7:30 AM

JoshHM wrote:

Hey dude! Kink are a great brand! Other options I would look at are we the people who I believe are the king of completes and ...more

I have heard a lot of go things about we the people but my buddy has an arcade and the high ten bars bend easier than any high ten bars I have seen. Stay away from high ten.

|

7/29/2017 10:59 AM

Cam-bmx wrote:

Problem I am running into is with taxes and shipping the fit is over my budget if I manage to get my current bike sold I'll ...more

If your going with a hi tensil ,Get an encore Darcy peters signature strutter from transitionbmx.com out of Edmonton , I ride with Darcy sometimes he fucken shreds hard

|

7/29/2017 3:58 PM

Cam-bmx wrote:

Problem I am running into is with taxes and shipping the fit is over my budget if I manage to get my current bike sold I'll ...more

Don't transition offer free shipping on big ticket items? I thought they did. Taxes suck though. The Justice is pretty nice. There was a kid at the trails this morning with one. Those Encore bikes look pretty nice. I was looking at their bikes when I was shopping. Canadian company too.

|

7/29/2017 4:00 PM

Yep, they do have free shipping. So you just have to worry about taxes. So you need 629.99 and the Fit is yours. You don't have to worry about shipping.

|

7/30/2017 9:43 AM

Transition don't do free shipping on complete bikes

|

Ride till you die

7/30/2017 12:35 PM

Cam-bmx wrote:

Transition don't do free shipping on complete bikes

Well that is fucking stupid.

|

7/30/2017 2:35 PM

Check Chain Reaction. They have actual free shipping on stuff not just some stuff.

Arum

Radio

|

7/30/2017 7:06 PM

I almost forgot. Email Brad at Rock Bay BMX. He can get pretty much anything and he maybe able to get you decent deal on something. Rock Bay BMX. Just tell him your budget and what your looking for and he'll try to hook you up. I almost ordered from him but I was offered a great deal locally. He's a good guy and he's been in the business for long time. He's also Vancouver Island's only strictly BMX shop.

|

7/31/2017 6:36 PM

Is buying off eBay safe? I know stupid questions but I have actually never bought off eBay before and I see they have some kink gaps for under 600 cad

|

Ride till you die

8/2/2017 5:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2017 9:01 AM

Hey, I'm not a pro in this area as I have been out of the "industry" for a long while. That being said, what these guys are saying is, definitely, true. Get as much crmo as possible in the frame, fork, handlebars, cranks/spindles, etc..; then go on to the components. I have been really hot on the Eastern Shovelhead as of late. It has a full crmo frame, fork, handlebars, cranks/spindle, double wall rims front/rear, & seals bearings all around. & right now, you can find it for $399 US (about $500 Canadian). That's well within your budget. Just my humble opinion.

|

8/2/2017 7:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2017 7:59 AM

Second the shovelhead for your budget... Encore buy the majority of thier frames from Ali baba.com. bad bad bad bikes.

|