Looking for a bmx frame around the 200-250 mark. any recomendations for park and street.

Related:
Create New Tag

2/22/2016 11:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2016 12:38 PM

|

2/22/2016 1:10 PM

We're going to need more information from you.

Height?
Current frame?
Things you prefer to ride? (big drops, low ledges, rails, box jumps etc)
Do you want the frame to be fast spinning and twitchy or slower to spin, but stable at speed?
Pegs?
Brakes?
Front wheel moves?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/22/2016 1:32 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Height?
Current frame?
Things you prefer to ride? (big drops, low ledges, ...more

This.

If you're a taller rider, maybe close to 6 feet or above, look for a higher standover for a more comfortable seating (that is, if you like a slammed seat) and a longer toptube usually feels better for the taller ones. A shorter rear end will mean it will be easier to lift the front end up, but harder for some to lock into rear-balancing tricks like manuals. Maybe getting taller bars can counter all this is you like a lower/smaller frame, though. If you run pegs, make sure your feet won't hit the rears by looking at rear frame measures. For a gyro/brakes, ensure the frame accepts mounts for cables. Try and go for mid-bottom bracket as well.

I'm not sure on any frame right now, but I hope this helps!
-readybmxer

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

2/22/2016 2:45 PM

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

2/22/2016 10:41 PM

ive got a stranger ballast frame 20.75 black and ballast fork black for sale. 250$ shipped.

|

2/23/2016 7:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2016 11:40 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Height?
Current frame?

Im around 6 foot and i ride park but wanna start street aswell i ride pegs (i grind)

|

2/23/2016 7:16 AM

Never hear of impurity are they any good?

|

2/23/2016 8:35 AM

Make sure to buy from your continent , don't take some fools advice and pay for overseas shipping

|

2/23/2016 9:31 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Make sure to buy from your continent , don't take some fools advice and pay for overseas shipping

Who again?

|

2/23/2016 7:44 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Height?
Current frame?

AC BMX321 wrote:

Im around 6 foot and i ride park but wanna start street aswell i ride pegs (i grind)

Well, if you are looking for a good frame (and a low price),

the Premium CK frame is on clearance sale at Albes at 200, which is a steal for such a thing. And plus, he is off Premium, so it would be a kinda collectors thing. It would be good for your riding...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

2/23/2016 8:01 PM

Skylight wrote:

the Premium CK frame is on clearance sale at Albes at 200, which ...more

CK is still on premium. They don't make frames anymore just parts which is why hes on a haro frame

|

2/23/2016 8:26 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

CK is still on premium. They don't make frames anymore just parts which is why hes on a haro frame

Yep, thats right.

I was taking about the frame, wasn't clear enough, sorry.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

2/24/2016 2:09 PM

CK frame is fucking strong as tits for street and park.

- someone who actually owned one

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/24/2016 3:01 PM

AC BMX321 wrote:

Never hear of impurity are they any good?

yeah there very good ten of my friends and i all ride the HAF one and we all abuse it and use it for very different things.

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

2/24/2016 4:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2016 4:17 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

Ummm....

He might be rocking Premium as his parts brand, BUT he is officially ON HARO as a team rider.
|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/25/2016 7:38 AM

get a FIT Hoodbird, nice tall standover strong as hell without being too heavy and its made in 'MERICA

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

2/27/2016 10:05 AM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

get a FIT Hoodbird, nice tall standover strong as hell without being too heavy and its made in 'MERICA

Not in my price range mate

|

2/27/2016 10:49 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Height?
Current frame?

AC BMX321 wrote:

Skylight wrote:

the Premium CK frame is on clearance sale at Albes at 200, which ...more

That would be silly for him to buy from albes , waste of money on shipping overseas he's using pounds he's not from North America

|

2/27/2016 3:19 PM

if you could scrape up $27 this wouldnt be badPhoto

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

2/27/2016 11:24 PM

Out of all the ones you listed I would go for the Cult AK as long as you like the copper color. The specs are perfect for what you want

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

2/29/2016 12:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/29/2016 12:28 PM

aussiebmxer wrote:

if you could scrape up $27 this wouldnt be badPhoto

Nice thanks i just ordered a new rim for bmx bc mine was sold to me with a broken rear rim (my bike is a second hand custom) so hopefully the ne rims good all i need now is a new frame and impurity seem good

|