Looking for a comfortable seat

Related:
Create New Tag

7/12/2017 6:51 AM

I can't seem to find any US sellers that have the tree ergo seat, I don't know if it's discontinued or what. Anybody know where to get one or a close alternative. I'm old and sit down a lot, my ass hurts.

|

7/12/2017 6:58 AM

Call tree and ask them

|

7/12/2017 7:26 AM

I just got a grey slim pivotal seat directly from tree. They list them all on their site but are not all in stock all the time, like he^ said best thing is to call and ask what colors/size they have in stock. The slim seat is comfortable as hell btw... like it better than the demolition fat seat it replaced because I don't slide off the back.

|

7/12/2017 9:19 AM

I kept seeing the seats only in stock from Australian sellers, so I assumed they were based out of Australia. Upon further research I see that it's St. Louis. I emailed them and asked what they have in stock and if they ship to the U.S. What a dipshit I am!!! Haha!!!

|

7/12/2017 11:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2017 11:30 AM

Chances are they're discontinued. They only make a certain number of things at a time. They haven't been available in the UK for a long time.
Any mid or fat seat will be comfortable. They're all made by velo, so other than the material and logo they're all the same amyway

|

7/12/2017 11:59 AM

grumpySteve, the tree ergo seat is THEE most comfy bmx seat i've sat on. They are not the same as other fat seats. they have a shape that fits most peoples butts very nicely.

|

7/12/2017 2:43 PM

The tree seats definitely don't look the same as all the rest. I'd bet they are the only brand that might be made somewhere else. If not they are made differently anyway. I'd like to try one someday.

|

7/12/2017 3:59 PM

One thing that's stopped me from ordering one of those is i worry that the back curves up too much and thus it may kinda feel like it's pushing you forward on the seat... which is a pet peeve of mine.

I'd love to know IF anyone who tried the Ergo felt that way, cause the LOOK of the shape reminds me of a seat I used to have on a road bike that did that. (So the seat felt much shorter than it looked and I couldn't settle my weight back)

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

7/12/2017 11:28 PM

Shadow, demolition, kink all have some nice seats.

|

7/13/2017 6:28 AM

The snafu signature seat is really comfy too

|

7/13/2017 6:38 AM

pnj wrote:

grumpySteve, the tree ergo seat is THEE most comfy bmx seat i've sat on. They are not the same as other fat seats. they have a shape that fits most peoples butts very nicely.

Nah, what I meant is, as the tree seat is discontinued, any other seats are the same. I wanted a tree seat a while ago

|

7/13/2017 7:26 AM

The tree seats are not discontinued I bought one from their website about a month ago. And I do not feel like it pushed me forward, more like it cups my butt comfortably. I like it a lot. and mine is the slim

|

7/13/2017 12:33 PM

I can't stand how most seats seem to have stitching in the wrong place, rubs my leg raw when I ride in shorts. The Merritt seat is super comfy other rhan that issue.

|

7/13/2017 1:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/13/2017 1:42 PM

Nelsdollaz wrote:

The tree seats are not discontinued I bought one from their website about a month ago. And I do not feel like it pushed me forward, more like it cups my butt comfortably. I like it a lot. and mine is the slim

Thanks.
Seconded on extra stitching being annoying on some seats

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green