Looking for a good chainwheel

Related:
Create New Tag

11/4/2010 10:01 PM

the chain wheel that came stock on my kink whip is bent and im looking for a new one.
i need a strong, inexpensive, and long lasting one because i do a lot of street riding and grinds. preferably something under $40 but i would go higher if its really worth it.

i was looking at:
kink sound
coalition 7075 v2
demolition m5
shadow scream
subrosa skeleton crew

|

11/4/2010 10:03 PM

Odyssey MDS.

|

My bicycle.
Member of the week 08/16/10 - 08/22/10

11/4/2010 10:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/4/2010 10:15 PM

|

11/4/2010 10:16 PM

stayfitlife wrote:

Odyssey MDS.

i was considering the mds too, but its kinda heavy and ugly. i would get it if it came in other colors but on dans they only have black. maybe i'll just wait for a restock.
how long has urs lasted you?

|

11/4/2010 10:24 PM

anybody know anything about the shadow scream?
im leaning towards it cuz its only like $28

|

11/4/2010 11:10 PM

make sure it's 7000 series aluminum and at least 6mm thing. or chromo.

although the tree is definitely worth the extra money. it'll probably outlast you.

|

11/4/2010 11:13 PM

erik29 wrote:

If it's that cheap don't do it. I had the crank and bones and it bent pretty easily. I'm riding the Mutiny Sprizzocket which has held up well, but Kenealy's got it down. Make sure it's thick and good metal. Especially if you ride using a lot of pedal pressure.

|

FTW!

I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes.

11/5/2010 12:01 AM

stayfitlife wrote:

Odyssey MDS.

erik29 wrote:

i was considering the mds too, but its kinda heavy and ugly. i would get it if it came in other colors but on dans they only have black. maybe i'll just wait for a restock.

3 of my friends have them, one has it in polished, the other two in black. They are really good. Trust me, and they dont look that bad on.

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

11/5/2010 8:28 AM

If you spend the extra money, Tree sprockets are indestructible. The spline one is more of a bonus too. haha.

|

11/5/2010 8:41 AM

colony guettler with a code on danscomp will put u around there. if not just a pinch more. guettler is the best sprocket i have ever had. and ive went through a shit ton of them man.

|

when im on my bike, none of life's bullshit phazes me. my mind is free
sub to me on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/devonisadirtygirl?feature=mhum
follow me on twitter and ill follow back! @thedevonrussell

11/5/2010 9:42 AM

tree spline drive sprocket and the bsd superlite and really good

|

Check Profile for 24 Refs!

Chicago BMX Video!!

11/5/2010 9:46 AM

erik29 wrote:

I ride a Crank and Bones, it's really cheap and shitty. I haven't bent mine because I never land on it or grinded on it. Go for Ody MDS or Kink Sound.

|

-Let me tell you something about you that you don't know...
-I don't like Fit.
-BLRBMX thought I was 23. Silly kid.
-Facebook

11/5/2010 10:22 AM

Kenealy wrote:

although the tree is definitely worth the extra money. it'll probably outlast you.

i second that

and yeah MDS dude they look sick and just flip them around so they protect the chain on the peg side (guard facing pegs not the drive side)
I bought a used one and i love it
Honestly if you think you can feel 1-2 ounces more on a bike just go do some push ups

measure 2 ounces and you'll realize how unnoticeable it is
or cut your chain shorter dont ride bar ends and dont ride grips, ride naked, and yeah ride 2 front wheels, chainless no sprocket....

|

jb07, Zachary_, Showtime402, bobPa, dee hos, joe-rod56, "idk i'm a loser", Gsport23, JoeGreen, Trenty Doo, fly for life,laloest

11/5/2010 10:49 AM

animal sprocky balboa.
the best designed sprocket i have ever seen yet.
the spindle adapter goin into the face of the crank are so you dont have to worry about the crank arm eating into your sprocket. and there so strong. ive hit my sprocket on hang over toothpicks a few times and still no bends on it.

|

refs= BEASTASSDICK , Tommyboy

11/5/2010 10:53 AM

dakiddjai93 wrote:

animal sprocky balboa.
the best designed sprocket i have ever seen yet.
the spindle adapter goin into the face of the crank are so you dont have to worry about the crank arm eating into your sprocket. and there so strong. ive hit my sprocket on hang over toothpicks a few times and still no bends on it.

used to be shitty, i think its been redesigned. but tree is the way to go.

|

REFS:

Traded: meowmoo68, kevinl, martinnn1004, RideTemec

Sold to: RyanMC (x2), Dennis916, Dave805, sunday.bmx21, brendon1207, kevinl

Bought: Brock Larson

email: scwright99@hotmail.com

11/5/2010 10:58 AM

used to be shitty?
ever since it came out its been the same.
and yea tree might be better but you get what you pay for.
i think animal is right on the money and its quality

|

refs= BEASTASSDICK , Tommyboy

11/5/2010 4:15 PM

stayfitlife wrote:

Odyssey MDS.

erik29 wrote:

camjf wrote:

3 of my friends have them, one has it in polished, the other two in black. They are really good. Trust me, and they dont look that bad on.

yeah i think im gonna go witht he MDS, but theres only black on dans and i reallyyyyy want the polished one.
i cant find other places that sell them, maybe im just not looking hard enough?

|

11/5/2010 4:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/5/2010 4:22 PM

Kenealy wrote:

milou wrote:

i second that

and yeah MDS dude they look sick and just flip them around so they protect the chain on the peg side (guard facing pegs not the drive side)
I bought a used one and i love it
Honestly if you think you can feel 1-2 ounces more on a bike just go do some push ups

measure 2 ounces and you'll realize how unnoticeable it is
or cut your chain shorter dont ride bar ends and dont ride grips, ride naked, and yeah ride 2 front wheels, chainless no sprocket....

ur right i should stop being a weight weenie lol.

and the shadow scream is 7000 series and its 5mm thick. but theres still that feeling that says $28 is too cheap to be good... you get what you pay for

and how you were saying to flip it around, i grind on my drive side so thats probably why my shits bent.
i need to get a lhd hub and cranks... hella expensive tho

|