Looking for honest opinions/pulled the trigger

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2018 9:17 PM

Opinions are what they are are but what would you choose? A wtp arcade or fit long? Both have great qualities for the price. Long I replace sprocket and chain. Arcade I get taller bars. Arcade has brakes, long has double walled rims front and back. Anyone got a real opinion or first hand experience? Sunday looks good too but they are too pricey for the same quality. I've been out of the game so long that I don't know the companies as well. I used to roll a power lite with all oddessy parts. I was a beast in my day but now I'm not looking to get nuts but I don't want a piece of shit. I love the blue on the arcade but the long chrome looks cool too

|

2/28/2018 9:50 PM

You talking about this Long?

https://fitbikeco.com/bikes-2018/long/

if so, that one by far. The Arcade has too much hi-tensile steel, the Fit is all chromoly. Although it doesn't have both double wall rims, only the rear is but that's still good. The Arcade has an unsealed front hub and single wall rims too so I'd avoid it at all costs especially for that price

|

2/28/2018 10:06 PM

Sunday, on all the specs I've checked the 2018 long has double wall revenge on front and back. I've been checking both for weeks.

|

2/28/2018 10:08 PM

That was my main selling point. Since wheels are as expensive as a whole bike.

|

2/28/2018 10:08 PM

Check out source or dans comp.

|

2/28/2018 10:18 PM

gmunny375 wrote:

Check out source or dans comp.

Damn, silly me for only checking Fit's actual website for information

FRONT RIM
Revenge S1W 36H

S1W = single wall

|

2/28/2018 10:40 PM

Every other site says double. Honestly if I'm not gonna get those good wheels I'd probably rather have the frame that looks better since I'm just gonna replace most of it over time

|

2/28/2018 10:42 PM

I'm gonna call those mothers and get the scoop cuz that was the one major thing between that and a vhs or Mac. I thought it was a sweet deal just for the wheels

|

2/28/2018 10:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2018 10:57 PM

Double check that, Dans, Empire, and Albes all have it listed as a S1W/Single wall rim... Only Source has it as "Rims: Revenge double wall" and even then I wouldn't trust them over the specs on Fit's actual website

Don't buy the Arcade just because it looks better, you can get a frame painted but it's so overpriced for what it is. It's only $20 less than the Fit and with the fit you get a full chromoly setup (Arcade frame is mostly hi-tensile, has hi-tensile bars, and hi-tensile fork legs), not to mention the Arcade only has an unsealed front hub AND both single wall rims when you just mentioned a selling point on the Fit being the good wheels... The wheels on the Fit are still good, fully sealed and double wall rear, just a single wall in the front

|

3/1/2018 3:38 AM

I wouldn't be too bothered if it is only a single wall front rim, how hard are you really going to land on a front wheel? The long is by far the better bike.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

3/1/2018 3:52 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

I wouldn't be too bothered if it is only a single wall front rim, how hard are you really going to land on a front wheel? The long is by far the better bike.

Yeah agreed. I'm not sure how true this is but I heard before that some pros use single wall fronts to cut down on weight as it isn't as important as the rear wheel. Also OP I have family that used to live in Camarillo, visited there about 12 years ago or so!

|

3/1/2018 4:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2018 5:06 AM

Honestly, at that price point (of the fit), there are better bikes out there with all the specs you should have.... full chromoly frame, fork, bars, cranks, spindle, axles, double wall rims fr/rr, sealed hubs fr/rr. seal bb, brakes, etc... Case in point, Eastern Shovelhead ($459 delivered):

http://www.easternbikes.com/shovelhead-2018

& the following is in that range & the is a KILLER DEAL!:

https://www.albes.com/dk-helio-2017-bike/

As stated earlier, if you can help it (& at the price point you are looking at, you can) NEVER buy hi-tens. It isn't worth it. You buy that sort of bike for your kid when he's 11 & just starting out, knowing, full well, you will be buying a better bike in a few years when your kid has progressed & has stuck with it.

Lastly, with that sort of money, don't dismiss the used market. You can find some great bikes for a fraction of the cost of new. You just need to do your homework so you know what you are getting.

|

3/1/2018 4:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2018 4:45 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

RumHam wrote:

Yeah agreed. I'm not sure how true this is but I heard before that some pros use single wall fronts to cut down on weight as it isn't as important as the rear wheel. Also OP I have family that used to live in Camarillo, visited there about 12 years ago or so!

I would agree about the single wall rims for the front.... BUT at the pro level, they have learned how to land & are probably easier on front wheels than someone who is learning.... even when they bail.

|

3/1/2018 4:47 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

RumHam wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I would agree about the single wall rims for the front.... BUT at the pro level, they have learned how to land & are probably easier on front wheels than someone who is learning.... even when they bail.

True, good point

|

3/1/2018 5:11 AM

RumHam wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

RumHam wrote:

True, good point

I think it's much more likely that they would use a lightweight race rim than a single wall

|

Hmmm

3/1/2018 5:13 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

RumHam wrote:

True, good point

Edman123 wrote:

I think it's much more likely that they would use a lightweight race rim than a single wall

Like I say, just something i heard, no idea if there's any truth to it

|

3/1/2018 10:19 AM

Yeah get the long. I was still hucking 7 foot drops when I first started out with a fit complete with a single wall front rim, and the wheel is still in great shape. It's not even out of true.

I reccomend the fit long over the arcade any day.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

3/1/2018 11:42 AM

Hard to beat the Shovelhead for the spec/price. The Trans Gold finish looks sick AF too!

|

3/1/2018 12:14 PM

What’s the budget you’re willing to spend on one?

|

3/1/2018 12:45 PM

STREETFIGHTER50 wrote:

Hard to beat the Shovelhead for the spec/price. The Trans Gold finish looks sick AF too!

I agree. Although that DK from Albe's is a sick deal as well! Rock solid all around. Granted it has 8-spline cranks instead of the 48 spline on the shovel but a new, full-chromoly bike, sealed everything, double wall rims, etc... for about $360 is awesome!

|

3/1/2018 1:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2018 4:56 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I agree. Although that DK from Albe's is a sick deal as well! Rock solid all around. Granted it has 8-spline cranks instead of the 48 spline on the shovel but a new, full-chromoly bike, sealed everything, double wall rims, etc... for about $360 is awesome!

Yeah, I’d definitely avoid the bikes with the 8-spline cranks that have the pinch-bolt clamp type arms. And a lot in this price range still do have that crappy pinch-bolt type. Always get the press-fit type arms. I see a few completes with the 8-spline press-fits... 48-spline is the best way to go for sure though... This is why I didn’t buy the Kink Downside that I was originally looking at. Matter of fact even their $600 2018 Kink SXTN comes with the pinch-bolt clamp cranks! That’s a bummer! I feel anything at that price range should come with their better crankset.

|

3/1/2018 3:00 PM

If I was still looking, here’s few on sale worth checking out. Both meet all the specs. If you look closely at the pics, the crank arms are press-fit not pinch-bolt. Other better things to consider are the Female Front Hub/Axle and 1-Piece CNC Steer Tube Fork. Colony and Division are the same company.

2018 Division Fortiz $495 Shipped. Even comes ready to shred with Hub Guards and 4 Pegs! Not a bad deal at all. The Battleship Grey looks dope.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/us/en/division-fortiz-bmx-bike-2018/rp-prod162201

2018 Colony Premise $450 Shipped. The Metal Gold is sick.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/us/en/colony-premise-bmx-bike-2018/rp-prod162159

|

3/1/2018 4:25 PM

I check Craig's list all the time but most bikes look pretty beat to shit. Is there a better place to find used Bmx?

|

3/1/2018 4:48 PM

Yea a lot of used bikes on CL are beat the hell up. Who knows what they’ve been put thru. U can get lucky once in a while on CL and Let Go tho. Check Vital’s classifieds as well... I’d buy a new one, but that’s just me. I want something strong all around and not beat up to support my 225lbs lol!

|

3/1/2018 4:55 PM

STREETFIGHTER50 wrote:

Yea a lot of used bikes on CL are beat the hell up. Who knows what they’ve been put thru. U can get lucky once in a while on CL and Let Go tho. Check Vital’s classifieds as well... I’d buy a new one, but that’s just me. I want something strong all around and not beat up to support my 225lbs lol!

See I feel the same. I'm 215. And 6'2 and the great deals people post aren't even 21"tt. I think the long is nice cuz he is tall and it's made for taller guys

|

3/1/2018 5:07 PM

STREETFIGHTER50 wrote:

gmunny375 wrote:

See I feel the same. I'm 215. And 6'2 and the great deals people post aren't even 21"tt. I think the long is nice cuz he is tall and it's made for taller guys

True... The stuff on CL is usually b something you need to judge on a case by case basis. You can get great deals thru the people here on vital as well. Most times you'll end up having to build it, however. I recently got a 21.5" tt tallboy in New condition. But, if you are looking to get riding asap, a complete would be your best bet.

|

3/1/2018 5:12 PM

STREETFIGHTER50 wrote:

gmunny375 wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

True... The stuff on CL is usually b something you need to judge on a case by case basis. You can get great deals thru the people here on vital as well. Most times you'll end up having to build it, however. I recently got a 21.5" tt tallboy in New condition. But, if you are looking to get riding asap, a complete would be your best bet.

Oh man I'd love to build a bike. That's what I did back in the day. It's just a little too pricey and I'm wanting to get rolling again. I have enough money I can hopefully buys a decent enough complete and then just change stuff as I go. I'd just hate to dump cash and end up not riding while I have to rebuild

|

3/1/2018 5:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2018 5:54 PM

gmunny375 wrote:

Oh man I'd love to build a bike. That's what I did back in the day. It's just a little too pricey and I'm wanting to get rolling again. I have enough money I can hopefully buys a decent enough complete and then just change stuff as I go. I'd just hate to dump cash and end up not riding while I have to rebuild

Ok here’s a custom bike you can build for not too much and with some pretty good quality parts. I was gonna do this myself actually.

Go to SourceBMX and order this 21.25” United Mothership Frame. They have it in Gloss Black or Raw Gloss Clear for $221.66. If you login with your email they’ll send you another 10% off coupon.
https://www.sourcebmx.com/en/United-Mothership-Frame/m-31116.aspx

Then go to ChainReactionCycles and order this Stolen/Fiction FreeCoaster Build Kit. You can choose left or right side drive. $359.99 on Sale with Free Shipping! If you priced out all these parts separately it would be just about double the price.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/us/en/stolen-freecoaster-build-kit-2018/rp-prod161350

Build Kit Details:
https://www.stolenbmx.com/collections/build-kit/products/2018-stolen-fiction-freecoaster-build-kit

There you go my friend! Custom on the cheap! smile That Raw Gloss Mothership is sick!

|

3/1/2018 5:49 PM

That is nasty! Holy mothership that is a great idea.

|

3/1/2018 5:54 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

gmunny375 wrote:

STREETFIGHTER50 wrote:

Ok here’s a custom bike you can build for not too much and with some pretty good quality parts. I was gonna do this myself actually.

Go to SourceBMX and order this 21.25” United Mothership Frame. They have it in Gloss Black or Raw Gloss Clear for $221.66. If you login with your email they’ll send you another 10% off coupon.
https://www.sourcebmx.com/en/United-Mothership-Frame/m-31116.aspx

Then go to ChainReactionCycles and order this Stolen/Fiction FreeCoaster Build Kit. You can choose left or right side drive. $359.99 on Sale with Free Shipping! If you priced out all these parts separately it would be just about double the price.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/us/en/stolen-freecoaster-build-kit-2018/rp-prod161350

Build Kit Details:
https://www.stolenbmx.com/collections/build-kit/products/2018-stolen-fiction-freecoaster-build-kit

There you go my friend! Custom on the cheap! smile That Raw Gloss Mothership is sick!

So when I built my bike back in the day I learned the hard way that frames don't come with bearing cups. And I had to go to my local shit house and dump money on some dumb shit I didn't think of. It seems as tho this would happen again

|