Looking for input on some tires

Related:
Create New Tag

4/24/2019 9:34 PM

Looking to grab a new front tire, this Merritt option tire is booty through the corners and has gotten me into some bad situations so I'm going to switch it up. Been looking at the following:
Tall Order Wallride
S&M Mainline 2.4
Odyssey Path 2.4
Odyssey Aitken 2.45
Fly Rampera 2.35

I'd like to hear your guys experience with any of these, clearance issues etc. Riding mostly a pretty slick skatepark and some dirt. Haro Lineage forks for clearance info

|

4/24/2019 10:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2019 10:48 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Looking to grab a new front tire, this Merritt option tire is booty through the corners and has gotten me into some bad situations so I'm going to switch it up. Been looking at the following:
Tall Order Wallride
S&M Mainline 2.4
Odyssey Path 2.4
Odyssey Aitken 2.45
Fly Rampera 2.35

I'd like to hear your guys experience with any of these, clearance issues etc. Riding mostly a pretty slick skatepark and some dirt. Haro Lineage forks for clearance info

Can you show a pic of your Merritt tire?

|

4/24/2019 11:59 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Tall Order Wallride
S&M Mainline 2.4
Odyssey Path 2.4
Odyssey Aitken 2.45
Fly Rampera 2.35

Bulletpup wrote:

Can you show a pic of your Merritt tire?

Yeah I'll throw one up tomorrow

|

4/25/2019 12:02 AM

I'm a huge fan of the 2.4 Mainline up front (grips on everything). It's actual inflated width is 2.4", so it's true to size (2.1 is 2.24"). The Aitken/ Rampera is probably comparable as well.

I used to be all about slick tires, but I had problems with the front sliding out, also. Might try some GLH's eventually...

|

4/25/2019 6:15 AM

The Aitken 2.45 sucks, especially on a slick park. They also weigh a ton if you care. But the Paths grip well and don't weigh too much.

|

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/_eli.173_/
Bike Check - Coming Soon!
Refs - dikdiamond

4/25/2019 7:33 AM

Eli 173 wrote:

The Aitken 2.45 sucks, especially on a slick park. They also weigh a ton if you care. But the Paths grip well and don't weigh too much.

They do weigh a lot. I remember them making my bike feel very sluggish and Im used to 2.4"s

|

4/25/2019 7:34 AM

I dunno know about those but I am luvin' my 2.4 Demolition Hammerhead!

|

4/25/2019 9:28 AM

Eli 173 wrote:

How well do you think the paths would do on dirt?

|

4/25/2019 9:46 AM

If you're on the normal, rock-hard trails they should do fine. But they would struggle on loose/sandy surfaces.

|

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/_eli.173_/
Bike Check - Coming Soon!
Refs - dikdiamond

4/25/2019 10:47 AM

Haha don’t use tires

|

13 years old