Looking for my first bmx bike!

Related:
Create New Tag

11/1/2015 3:09 PM

Im looking for a bike, i have around 350$. Im in north east ohio. I can buy via pay pal and have it shipped, or i can pick it up if your close enough. Im new to vital so its a tad confusing. Is there any good completes around 350? Ive been looking on craigslist aswell.

|

11/1/2015 6:32 PM

Yo man, Im from Northeast Ohio too! And for bikes, the better companies for completes are Fit, Cult, Subrosa, Stranger, WeThePeople, and Colony. Those are the better options for completes, Now if you want to build a bike. That could usually cost anywhere from $1000 - $2500.

|

11/1/2015 6:56 PM

You go to rays at all? Thats where i plan to ride most of the time. Would it be wise to buy a complete or to buy a used one ?

|

11/1/2015 7:54 PM

Used customs are a good way to go depending on what they have on it most of the time you can find somebody who built up a bike and quit riding and hasn't rode the bike much for 300 bucks giver or take. If you go with a complete find something with as much chromoly parts possible for your budget.

|

11/3/2015 10:31 AM

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/search/bik?min_price=100&max_price=350&query=BMX

Dollar range of 100-350 and BMX for a search, I did Cleveland because it appeared to be the closest main area. There are some decent setups, but most of it seems to be the 350 level completes that kids spray painted from what I can see. Might not be a bad idea to poke around online, Dans and Albes usually have some solid discount codes going to save some cash. Also check out local shops. Hit up Rays and maybe a local has some stuff they would sell.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/3/2015 10:32 AM

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/bik/5258303613.html

This would be a very solid starter bike.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/3/2015 1:21 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/bik/5258303613.html

This would be a very solid starter bike.

Sure would, and OP can ding the seller $50 for making a hack AIDS joke in his post. pinch

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

11/4/2015 4:51 PM

Well i got one guys! Just bought a Stolen Cherry. HE gave me all the receipts and they added up to over $1,000. payed 325 for it but i need to get a new chain. It also has profile cranks with the ti spindles. Photo

|

11/5/2015 12:08 AM

Pretty good , if he showed the receipts and they were legitimate then that's a good scoop. 335$ is pretty sick for a complete like that. Especially with a TI spindle .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/5/2015 6:29 AM

That's better than pretty good. That's a hell of a deal for just a frame fork and bars.

Soild setup. HOWEVER, if you are new to BMX, I ALWAYS suggest having brakes to start, for safety of yourself and others.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/5/2015 12:02 PM

Yep, i got the pile of receipts in front of me from dans comp. I thought it was a pretty good deal as-well. Like dave had said im probally going to get a brake set up for it. Got to get the new chain, and a pair of grips too.

|