Loose Ball Bottom Bracket Removal

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2017 6:43 PM

I removed everything but I can not install sealed bottom brackets because these are in the way. Anyone know if they can be removed?Photo

|

3/26/2017 6:54 PM

You need to tap those out first. Use a chisel/punch or something similar and tap them out from the inside of the shell. Tap along the edge and work your way around and they'll pop out.

If you're installing sealed bearings, do you have the cups that go with them? They look just like the cups that are currently in your frame, but the bearing seats are different. You'll need to get them if you don't have them already

|

3/26/2017 7:33 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

You need to tap those out first. Use a chisel/punch or something similar and tap them out from the inside of the shell. Tap along the edge and work your way around and they'll pop out.

If you're installing sealed bearings, do you have the cups that go with them? They look just like the cups that are currently in your frame, but the bearing seats are different. You'll need to get them if you don't have them already

American bb's are normally sold with the bearings in the cups, don't think he has to worry.

|

3/26/2017 7:43 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

American bb's are normally sold with the bearings in the cups, don't think he has to worry.

Yeah I know, but if he didn't know and just bought a random sealed BB, he might not have the cups which is why I asked just in case

|