Lovely drivetrain sounds

Related:
Create New Tag

5/16/2016 9:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2016 9:38 AM

I've been out the game a few years getting back into it, I remember a lot of things but my memory's not 100%. So it feels and sounds like Im having problems with my drive train. Maybe I'm tripping out and these are normal sounds but it after recording this video and really looking at it closely it doesnt seem so. I thought my chain could be a bit tight, but it has a decent amount of play, if it was 25/9 it'd be slapping the chain stays. Currently running a 32T sprocky balboa (Horrible idea, I know, I'm surprised it hasn't snapped yet) to a LHD 9t animal javelin hub. Hub seems to be great, loud, great engagement, I've been riding it for 3/4 weeks everyday almost and it hasn't skipped. I think the chains some 510 rebrand, it has SP on it which I can't think of any brands with those initials. Drive trains not that crooked either. Plan on taking the whole bike apart and lubing up all the bearings once I place my 3ride order comes in with my merrit multi tool so I can actually work on my bike again. I also plan on scooping an odyssey 28t retro sprocket to replace this sprocket, maybe that will help a bit. Was looking to grab a black chain as well so this is an excuse for a new chain. Deciding between the bluebird, keychain and the shadow supreme interlock chain looks fucking dope. They keychain/shadow seems like it may cause problems with my driver as i've seen/read before. A lot of those bulky chains seem to cause problems so I don't want more. Id appreciate any input! Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?

Here's a video, you can see/hear its rough.

Lovely drivetrain sounds from ryan duffy on Vimeo.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Thanks in advance!
|

5/16/2016 11:41 AM

Could be a worn driver or over stretched chain. How old/new are all the parts?

|

5/16/2016 7:35 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Could be a worn driver or over stretched chain. How old/new are all the parts?

honestly bought this build off someone a month ago so and he said he rode it for one summer apparently but you never know with people. I ordered a new chain and sprocket because I wanted something smaller anyway. We'll see how it goes with the new stuff once it comes in

|

5/16/2016 7:52 PM

Sounds like a bent/deformed sprocket

|

5/17/2016 4:50 AM

Robby-Joe_Douglas wrote:

Sounds like a bent/deformed sprocket

Derp. should've known. Thanks man!

|

5/17/2016 6:27 AM

Mine sounds like that now. Lol

|