Low frames?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/7/2013 12:13 PM

Are low frames good or bad... i know its bad for sitting im talking about trickwise like barspins..... and stuff

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

6/7/2013 12:39 PM

It's the most retarded thing in the history of the universe, and I'm glad the trend died.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/7/2013 12:49 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

It's the most retarded thing in the history of the universe, and I'm glad the trend died.

This.

They look fucking stupid, but yes they're better for whips & make them easier supposedly. This DOESN'T mean that if you buy one, you'll magically be able to whip though.

|

6/7/2013 12:58 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

This.

They look fucking stupid, but yes they're better for whips & make them easier supposedly. This DOESN'T mean that if you buy one, you'll magically be able to whip though.

If park riding like Mark Webb and Harry Main is your thing then sure why not they're not bad but as on overall I really don't like them I'm happy with my Cult

|

Whatever you do, make sure you and the people you love are happy.
Whatever you do, make sure you enjoy life.
Whatever you do, make sure you never have any regrets.

6/7/2013 1:01 PM

I terms of tricks I don't really know I've never rode one but they're a bit 50/50 half of them look really nice and they other half not so much

|

Whatever you do, make sure you and the people you love are happy.
Whatever you do, make sure you enjoy life.
Whatever you do, make sure you never have any regrets.

6/7/2013 1:09 PM

The only lower frames I'd ride are the eye q or a fly tierra.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/7/2013 1:40 PM

Lower stand over supposedly isn't as strong as a frame with a higher stand over. Higher stand over also makes fora stiffer front triangle

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/7/2013 1:51 PM

tomdon wrote:

Lower stand over supposedly isn't as strong as a frame with a higher stand over. Higher stand over also makes fora stiffer front triangle

Your second sentence is the reasoning behind the first.

Lower Frames are good for Whips etc, but it feels less like your part of the Bike.

|

6/7/2013 1:59 PM

Yeah like said above you do feel a little less connected to the bike but that can be resolved by having your seat a little higher to make up for it.

One of my bikes has an 7.75 standover and it has its pros and cons but you can get used to any frame you spend any significant & regular time on, my other bikes are 8.25 & 8.5 which are concidered mid frames I guess, with which you get the best of both worlds

I personally wouldn't ever go higher than 8.5 but my ideal standover is 8.25

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

6/7/2013 2:39 PM

I had a Tierra 3 which was 7.8 I think, that felt too small, like it wasn't put together right, I'm on a Dream Machine which is 9 and that feels perfect, feels like its all connected.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs

6/7/2013 8:15 PM

hmm i prefer like 8.5. and Low frames make whips easier if you run a slammed seat with em and can cans are a breeze and all that kicking stuff, but they dont feel stable whatsoever, like big gaps and big air is terrifying to me with those, i just dont feel so lucked in really. but low frames are fine if you like to run a longer seatpost so they feel more stable haha The pro guy that has the blackeye killorado piece of ballsack frame runs his seat really long so it feels stable i imagine haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.