Lucking out!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/4/2015 8:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2015 8:04 PM

Tonight i got lucky riding , was sessioning and the last few sessions I've been feeling quite the flex in my bike in the air so i checked it out against a ledge and sure enough the top tube and front triangle has got a couple millimetres of movement forward and backward , frames done me well so I have no complaints on it , just stoked i caught it before I landed flat and snapped it, now to think about what I want to try next for a frame

Any one have any similar stories of getting lucky and finding a part about to break before it wrecked you ?

|

8/4/2015 10:07 PM

Cracked my frame on the wishbone and right chsunstay weld, rode it for awhile tho. It got about and inch longer. I can bend it around now. I stopped riding it at probably just the right time.

|

8/4/2015 10:51 PM

My frames been feeling spongey in the rear end the past couple of weeks, now you two have me nervous. I caught a little more air then I anticipated landed hard on the front, my bars slipped forward about two inches and came down on my seat like a brick. It's been wierd ever since.

|

8/4/2015 11:10 PM

Hey Jay aren't you riding a LTF? If so you should consider a warranty upgrade:

LIFETIME WARRANTY UPGRADE
If you damage an S&M product while in use, you can purchase a replacement or an upgrade at discounted Warranty Upgrade prices for the life of the part. Products purchased at Warranty Upgrade prices directly from S&M will be covered by our 30-Day Warranty against Manufacturer’s Defects only.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

8/4/2015 11:18 PM

transition_chris wrote:

Hey Jay aren't you riding a LTF? If so you should consider a warranty upgrade:

LIFETIME WARRANTY UPGRADE
If you damage an S&M product while in use, you can purchase a replacement or an upgrade at discounted Warranty Upgrade prices for the life of the part. Products purchased at Warranty Upgrade prices directly from S&M will be covered by our 30-Day Warranty against Manufacturer’s Defects only.

Ya dude I know .....I got a bunch of those cards hidden away , I don't wanna send it in , gonna throw it up on the wall , best frame I've had yet

|

8/4/2015 11:22 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Ya dude I know .....I got a bunch of those cards hidden away , I don't wanna send it in , gonna throw it up on the wall , best frame I've had yet

You don't need the warranty card if you bought it in Canada. Not sure what the procedure is if you bought it in the US but I can understand wanting it up on the wall.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx