MacGuyvering Tips

Related:
Create New Tag

6/21/2008 3:13 PM

I figured a thread that allows us to share our little tips and macguyver-type skills wouldnt be a bad idea.

Here is a good one for those who dig a lot at the trails: Use old inntertubes to soften wooden handles on shovels etc... just cut a chunk, (keep it tube shaped) and slide it on. Helps a ton if your shovels have wood handles, and you get lots of slivers.

electrical tape can be used as a makeshift rim strip

If you like thicker grips, run some electrical tape around the bar BEFORE you put on your grip.

For tackier, and longer grips: Boil some water, toss the grips in for a couple minutes. remove with tongs. Before they get too cool, stretch (carefully) to length you want. Let fully cool, and dry. Put on bars, and ride. I have heard this makes them less slippery when you have sweaty hands.

I have seen pieces of chain used as a straddle cable for brakes, you would need a small piece of metal, Triangle shaped works well. Drill a hole in each corner, one hole being big enough for your pinch bolt (that holds the cable), and then use a chain breaker to put the chain on the metal (you can also use maste links, if you have them) I am not sure exactly how it worked on the brake arms though. I think the chain just kinda hooked into the arm with the slot for the cable end nub thing, and then was put onto the other arm with a master link or a chain breaker. With a few minutes it shouldnt be too hard to figure out.

If weight isnt an issue, you can use old tubes to line tires, or get a little more life out of one with a bad bead. I have used some innertube to cover exposed bead wires on a tire. just make sure you put a couple layers. (I used the innertube liner one a couple times at the park or on a trip when I had no money for a new tire and the beads crapped out.)

Keep in mind these are generally TEMPORARY fixes, and should be properly dealt with as soon as possible.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/21/2008 3:18 PM

In my opinion, when starting out on pokemon blue, always use Charmander as your starting pokemon, he is the best (just like me). Catch a pikachu and buy a magikarp before entering mt. moon. Once in Celadon, beat the five trainers on nugget bridge, and the team rocket guy, and then catch an Abra. Evolve them all and you are set.

Has anyone else found similar results?

|

6/21/2008 3:25 PM

Mike Hammer wrote:

In my opinion, when starting out on pokemon blue, always use Charmander as your starting pokemon, he is the best (just like me). Catch a pikachu and buy a magikarp before entering mt. moon. Once in Celadon, beat the five trainers on nugget bridge, and the team rocket guy, and then catch an Abra. Evolve them all and you are set.

uuuummm... I think dave lawrence meant bmx tips. And do you really play with poemon still??

|

AUGUST 1ST=GO BMX DAY!

6/21/2008 3:36 PM

dont eat ice cream on a hot day

|

go ride a bike

6/21/2008 3:39 PM

don't slam your dick in car doors

|

6/21/2008 5:21 PM

Mike Hammer wrote:

why do u always talk about random stuff?
are u retarted or something?

|

6/21/2008 5:48 PM

Mike Hammer wrote:

ahahahahaha thanks for the tip

|

6/21/2008 7:24 PM

jg7032 wrote:

I laughed my ass off at this one hahahahahaha

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/22/2008 9:37 AM

jg7032 wrote:

Dude, that's the only way I can get it up.

|

I awarded myself infinite cool points. Breaking the rules has never been this cool... EVER! Forever.

6/22/2008 5:22 PM

electrical tape your top tube for a bad ass look. jk

|

I'm the 1% ressler711 cant beat the shit out of.

6/22/2008 5:25 PM

beer before liqour, never sicker...
liquor before beer, in the clear...

|

6/22/2008 5:26 PM

Bmx xxx wrote:

beer before liqour, never sicker...
liquor before beer, in the clear...

o comletetly agree

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

6/22/2008 5:27 PM

liquor in the front,
poke her in the back.

|

6/22/2008 5:38 PM

DirtCrazed wrote:

liquor in the front,
poke her in the back.

poker in the rear dummy, there's no hole in the back.

|

6/22/2008 5:41 PM

the butt hole!!
hahh

|

6/22/2008 5:46 PM

liqour shell love it

|

iam gonna do what you do but better

6/22/2008 5:56 PM

jg7032 wrote:

hahahahahahahhahahaahhaahahahahahahaha! LMAO

|

en dub!

6/22/2008 8:26 PM

candy is dandy but liqour is quicker.

|

6/22/2008 8:31 PM

i almost always used charmander... but i played pokemon yellow more...

|

"THE ONLY FAILURE IN LIFE, IS THE FAILURE TO GET BACK UP" EVIL KNIEVAL