Mad as hell

Related:
Create New Tag

2/26/2016 10:18 AM

Bike originally came with rear brakes, and I used them quite often. But to rubbing issues, I took them off, and I like it much better because you have to be alert and in control and can't rely on your brakes. But with the use of the brakes, the blacked out rims I had, are now lined with silver. And it looks so ugly and I'm so mad. Anything I can do? Or do I just have to buy a whole new rimPhoto

|

Ride Until The Day I Die

2/26/2016 10:37 AM

Buy some cheap black spray paint

|

2/26/2016 11:20 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Buy some cheap black spray paint

if youre not planning on using brakes again, do that

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

2/26/2016 11:24 AM

Welcome to the black brake pads and formerly black rims club.

|

Refs: Josh_Ketcham, mykneeshurt (x2), Brian_Griffin, aaron.samuel.green

2/26/2016 11:30 AM

Paint the rim if you don't plan to run brakes again, or get a new rim.

You COULD have it re-anodized, but you would need to find a local company to do that for you.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/26/2016 11:37 AM

Even if you plan on running brakes again you might as well spray it for now. You don't need to do a good job of it as your tyre and spokes are black anyway. Just don't do a terrible job or put too many layers on. You can touch it up whenever you need to and if you decide run a brake again you can strip it off easily with acetone (nail Polish remover) providing you only do a light coat. I've done it hundreds of times. Just spin your wheel and spray

|

2/27/2016 4:45 PM

No offense, but how is this not common sense to solve? haha

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

2/27/2016 5:53 PM

i personally like the look of machined/polished sidewalls on a rim, especially with a red frame, consider doing it to the front to match.

|

2/28/2016 9:01 PM

Are there any brakes that don't do this????!!!

|

2/28/2016 9:53 PM

TD_BMX_16 wrote:

Are there any brakes that don't do this????!!!

Get clear pads.

|

2/29/2016 6:36 AM

Thanks for the tips guys. I might get some spray paint, or I might just strip off both to make both of them silver

|

Ride Until The Day I Die

2/29/2016 8:22 AM

If you strip em, use oven cleaner. The stuff that comes with a bag that you're supposed to put the shelves or whatever in. Don't get it on your skin! Brush thick layers on the rim and the anodizing will rub off easily. It's pretty awkward to do it neatly unless you debuild your wheels first

|

2/29/2016 8:29 AM

It doesn't look bad man. Id leave it as is.

|

2/29/2016 8:33 AM

BNC wrote:

It doesn't look bad man. Id leave it as is.

BMX news channel?

|

2/29/2016 12:00 PM

Your not even mad man , how many innocent bystanders have you sucker punched ?

|

2/29/2016 12:52 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

If you strip em, use oven cleaner. The stuff that comes with a bag that you're supposed to put the shelves or whatever in. ...more

Or if you want buy caustic soda crystals and.make your own solution, you get alot more for alot cheaper. But definetly be careful and dont get on your skin. Dilute it with a ton of water before pouring it away.

|

2/29/2016 1:21 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

If you strip em, use oven cleaner. The stuff that comes with a bag that you're supposed to put the shelves or whatever in. ...more

Mychaylo wrote:

Or if you want buy caustic soda crystals and.make your own solution, you get alot more for alot cheaper. But definetly be ...more

OR just lightly sand it off for a matching setup without using chemicals, shouldn't take more than maybe half an hour, and you wouldn't even have to strip the wheel apart. Maybe take off your tire and tube, but that's all (assuming you are just looking for a silver sidewall or the rim like the back wheel).

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura