Maddog. Will he be back?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/20/2013 1:56 AM

Brett (i cant spell his last name for the life of me) had that awful wreck and got all messed up and cant talk fluently. I am sure we all know about this so i wont go into more detail with that. I have been seeing videos of him doing tricks and even a flair onto a resi. Obviously he was much better before the wreck, possibly one of the best young park/competition riders. He was on another level, especially considering he is pretty young. My question is, will he ever be back? Do you guys think he has it in him to do another cash roll or compete ever again? I spoke with someone that is a regular at the Kitchen Skatepark and apparently he is progressing quickly and getting the tricks back down. Nothing big at the time. Do you guys think he can ever get back to that level of riding he was? Or anywhere near that level?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/20/2013 3:53 AM

Yep

/endthread

|

7/20/2013 5:29 AM

I saw him do the flair you're on about.

He will soon return to the top

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

7/20/2013 11:31 AM

i say about a year till he is fully back

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

7/20/2013 2:00 PM

Well he will definitely get back most of his tricks, I'm not sure about competitions and going "big"... see Mike Aitken.
I really hope he gets back into it though, so I wish him all the best.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/20/2013 7:01 PM

he'll be back soon enough at the top of his game again

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/20/2013 8:53 PM

andyferly wrote:

Well he will definitely get back most of his tricks, I'm not sure about competitions and going "big"... see Mike Aitken.
I ...more

hows mike Aitken doing? I haven't seen anything on him in a while

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

7/20/2013 11:18 PM

Of COURSE he'll be back.

We don't need that attitude in bmx.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/21/2013 12:24 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Of COURSE he'll be back.

We don't need that attitude in bmx.

Basically all i wanted to know if anyone else thinks he will be back haha. And also if it is physically possible for him.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/21/2013 9:16 AM

Heres some food for thought:
Last year he won Dew Tour park. Arguably the biggest American Park contest ever. A few weeks later he had his terrible crash.

When he went down he was one of the only dudes doing cashrolls. He used that trick to bring big scores in the contests along with other heavy moves that other dudes were throwing down.

Back to the present day: Now the cashroll is thrown down by many riders on a daily basis. Loupes is now doing them with a tailwhip in it along with other variations.

Park riding progresses so insanely fast that dudes like Scotty Cranmer who have been pretty healthy for the past few years still struggles to get the #1 spot and even podium.

With such a high magnitude of riders getting so good and making the competitions really anyones game, its hard for anyone to dominate the way Brett did.

Also if Brett did return to the skill level he was at before his crash, he still would really be struggling to keep up in 2013. I am not saying he couldnt do it, but our sport is moving forward at 700 MPH and aint slowin for nobody.

|

7/21/2013 10:04 AM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Last year he won Dew Tour park. Arguably the biggest American Park contest ever. A few weeks ...more

Hmm, I see your point. I think the problem is Maddog was/is a super competitive Park rider, just doing the biggest tricks. But with Mike Aitken, his riding style is one that doesn't really change.

|

7/21/2013 2:02 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Hmm, I see your point. I think the problem is Maddog was/is a super competitive Park rider, just doing the biggest tricks. But ...more

I have to disagree with you a bit on that last part. I do think his riding style has changed after the crash. His newer footage after the accident like his part in Killjoy doesn't quite match up to his pre-crash style.

That being said, Mike Aitken is a GOD. He is arguably one of the most if not the most influential riders on the planet. Any of his old footage is much better to watch than a lot of edits that are out today. Not only that, but from what I read, his doctors informed him that he may never walk again. And look at him now, back on his bike. So not only is he arguably the most influential rider of our time, but he is also the most inspirational rider of our time.

|

7/21/2013 2:43 PM

andyferly wrote:

I ...more

handlebar-to-face wrote:

hows mike Aitken doing? I haven't seen anything on him in a while

Haven't hear much of him, just saw some recent edits of him boosting transfers and such.
Not as big as he used to go back in the day.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/21/2013 7:02 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Last year he won Dew Tour park. Arguably the biggest American Park contest ever. A few weeks ...more

I get that entirely, people in BMX, especially park, progress very quickly. It is a good thing im not park or else i would hate my life. haha I prefer stuff like street, it is just easier to be stylish and have a better time for me. Dont get me wrong i wish i could triple whip a box jump, but i rather just do newer stuff on street. For me, you can be as creative as you want because there are endless possibilities on street. Not so much with park. Just different tricks to do in a line.

|

7/22/2013 6:33 PM

He still is trying to ride, I've seen him at least 3 tines at Alliance skatepark. He can't walk too well, but he can still kind of ride, in fact, the other day I remember seeing him try to grind a rail, but it seems like he's forgotten how to fall properly.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.