Madera Mast stem bolt head sizes

Related:
Create New Tag

11/26/2014 3:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/26/2014 3:54 PM

I'm getting a Madera Mast stem, and I'd like to order some Shadow Hollow bolts with it, but I don't know which head size to get for the bolts, because the Shadow bolts comes in two options, normal and large, and the specs for the stem don't specify the stock bolt head sizes.

Here are the bolts Shadow Hollow Bolts

And here is the Madera Mast stem Madera Mast stem

Also, if you've tried the stem, did you like it?
Thanks!

|

11/26/2014 3:54 PM

Shadow bolts won't work with Profile or Madera stems. Also, hollow stem bolts are probably the worst things you can get. They can literally kill you.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/26/2014 4:03 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Shadow bolts won't work with Profile or Madera stems. Also, hollow stem bolts are probably the worst things you can get. They ...more

It says in the bolt description that they fit most stems from all companies. Are you saying that Profile and its sister Madera specifically don't work?
And are you being sarcastic about the who kill-death-murder thing?

|

11/26/2014 4:06 PM

Won't fit, different thread count.

Also, why get new bolts right away? To save a very miniscule amount of weight?

|

11/26/2014 4:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/26/2014 4:16 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Shadow bolts won't work with Profile or Madera stems. Also, hollow stem bolts are probably the worst things you can get. They ...more

GorillaKing37 wrote:

It says in the bolt description that they fit most stems from all companies. Are you saying that Profile and its sister Madera ...more

No, they can literally kill you

If you order hollow bolts to save .25oz you are stupid, sir.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

11/26/2014 4:16 PM

GorillaKing37 wrote:

It says in the bolt description that they fit most stems from all companies. Are you saying that Profile and its sister Madera ...more

Profile, Madera, and a few other American stems use different threads. They won't work.

And no, I read about a guy that was running hollow stem bolts and they snapped and he ended up dying. Hollow bolts are very, very weak compared to solid bolts, and you lose almost no weight. If you want to save that small amount of weight, go with titanium bolts. Still strong enough, plus they won't rust.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/26/2014 4:22 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Shadow bolts won't work with Profile or Madera stems. Also, hollow stem bolts are probably the worst things you can get. They ...more

GorillaKing37 wrote:

It says in the bolt description that they fit most stems from all companies. Are you saying that Profile and its sister Madera ...more

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Profile, Madera, and a few other American stems use different threads. They won't work.

And no, I read about a guy that was ...more

That'd be like saying riding a certain thickness of tube can kill you because it may pop.

|

11/26/2014 4:23 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Shadow bolts won't work with Profile or Madera stems. Also, hollow stem bolts are probably the worst things you can get. They ...more

GorillaKing37 wrote:

It says in the bolt description that they fit most stems from all companies. Are you saying that Profile and its sister Madera ...more

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

No, they can literally kill you

If you order hollow bolts to save .25oz you are stupid, sir.

In all honesty I just wanted the color.

|

11/26/2014 4:24 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Won't fit, different thread count.

Also, why get new bolts right away? To save a very miniscule amount of weight?

I just wanted purple bolts and since the hollow were only a buck more than the solid I figured why not.

|

11/26/2014 4:30 PM

GorillaKing37 wrote:

That'd be like saying riding a certain thickness of tube can kill you because it may pop.

FUCKING EXACTLY. Why would you ride a frame with .035" tubing all around? It can fucking kill you, it's not safe to ride. You're spending more money on less strength and less function.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/26/2014 4:40 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Profile, Madera, and a few other American stems use different threads. They won't work.

And no, I read about a guy that was ...more

GorillaKing37 wrote:

That'd be like saying riding a certain thickness of tube can kill you because it may pop.

Xxohioanxx wrote:

FUCKING EXACTLY. Why would you ride a frame with .035" tubing all around? It can fucking kill you, it's not safe to ride. ...more

I had the Danscomp Heavy Duty tubes in both of my wheels for a while and they both ended up popping and YES I had rim strips in. Dans Heavy Duty Tube

|

11/26/2014 4:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/26/2014 4:42 PM

GorillaKing37 wrote:

I had the Danscomp Heavy Duty tubes in both of my wheels for a while and they both ended up popping and YES I had rim strips ...more

That's completely fucking irrelevant and I thought you were saying tubes as in frame tubing. Seriously, go ahead, buy the hollow stem bolts that won't fit your stem, but don't cry here when they don't fit or when they break on you.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/26/2014 4:42 PM

GorillaKing37 wrote:

That'd be like saying riding a certain thickness of tube can kill you because it may pop.

Xxohioanxx wrote:

FUCKING EXACTLY. Why would you ride a frame with .035" tubing all around? It can fucking kill you, it's not safe to ride. ...more

GorillaKing37 wrote:

I had the Danscomp Heavy Duty tubes in both of my wheels for a while and they both ended up popping and YES I had rim strips ...more

Oh you meant FRAME tubing. No I meant inner tubes... If I had meant frame tubing, why would I have said "pop"...

|

11/26/2014 4:43 PM

GorillaKing37 wrote:

Oh you meant FRAME tubing. No I meant inner tubes... If I had meant frame tubing, why would I have said "pop"...

Because people on Vital are fucking idiots.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/26/2014 4:52 PM

To be fair, I've jumped off at least 2 roofs & did more than just a few 360s down high drops, and never had an issue with breaking a bolt in my stem that had hollow bolts. In fact, I cracked the stem & never cracked/snapped a bolt.

They came hollow, I didn't buy hollow weight weenie bolts. My stem now has solid bolts though.

You're better off buying some spray paint.

|

11/26/2014 5:08 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

To be fair, I've jumped off at least 2 roofs & did more than just a few 360s down high drops, and never had an issue with ...more

Fair enough. Snag some bottles on Black Friday.

|

11/26/2014 5:09 PM

GorillaKing37 wrote:

I had the Danscomp Heavy Duty tubes in both of my wheels for a while and they both ended up popping and YES I had rim strips ...more

GorillaKing37 wrote:

Oh you meant FRAME tubing. No I meant inner tubes... If I had meant frame tubing, why would I have said "pop"...

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Because people on Vital are fucking idiots.

I'm not an idiot though. I think that guy just had some bad luck.

|

11/27/2014 9:17 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

FUCKING EXACTLY. Why would you ride a frame with .035" tubing all around? It can fucking kill you, it's not safe to ride. ...more

GorillaKing37 wrote:

I had the Danscomp Heavy Duty tubes in both of my wheels for a while and they both ended up popping and YES I had rim strips ...more

Xxohioanxx wrote:

That's completely fucking irrelevant and I thought you were saying tubes as in frame tubing. Seriously, go ahead, buy the ...more

Some of the most intelligent things ive seen you say yet

Idk how you guys ride but sometimes i do manuals going down hills going up to 35 miles per hour if my top tube pops im definitely going to die

|

Testimony and apologies





I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.






instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

11/27/2014 10:14 AM

GorillaKing37 wrote:

Oh you meant FRAME tubing. No I meant inner tubes... If I had meant frame tubing, why would I have said "pop"...

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Because people on Vital are fucking idiots.

GorillaKing37 wrote:

I'm not an idiot though. I think that guy just had some bad luck.

He's just trolling you dude.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling