Madera guarded sprocket with shadow supreme chain

Related:
Create New Tag

7/20/2018 6:24 AM

I recently was told that the shadow supreme chain will eat up the Madera spline drive guarded sprocket

I want to see if anyone else has had similar issues with this combination

Also interested is seeing the results of this chain being ran with other guarded sprockets

|

7/20/2018 6:42 AM

The pins will gouge the guard on most sprockets and even gouge some drivers(Odyssey Clutch V1) just due to it being such a wide chain.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

7/20/2018 9:33 AM

Eh, do you really need a guard sprocket if you're running that chain? That's like pushing $120 in just a chain and a sprocket.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

7/20/2018 10:15 AM

Bullet runs a Supreme chain and an Odyssey MDS... he says it fits pretty well...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/20/2018 12:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2018 1:08 PM

La guardia sprocket. Chain clears it easy. Aka MDS v2

If nothing else as long as it rotates it will carve its own path since it is alumimum.

I personally will be running guarded sprockets that have plenty of clearance from now on though.

|

7/20/2018 12:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2018 12:33 PM

Fits an Eclat A.K Sprocket, Supreme protects the Sprocket the guard is just there to sliiiiide.

EDIT: I've seen it clear a Sunday Knox as well

|

7/20/2018 1:32 PM

Phunny93 wrote:

Fits an Eclat A.K Sprocket, Supreme protects the Sprocket the guard is just there to sliiiiide.

EDIT: I've seen it clear a ...more

I was going to get the knox due to it having 5 mounting points rather than the 3 from the MDS v2...

Only reason I went with the la guardia was because I ordered a knox from multiple places and for whatever reason they ended up running out of stock each time i ordered. Had to ask where my order was each time and they were all..."oh, ya...that sprocket?...ya were out of that. Nobody told you?". Lol

Not sure if the knox is t6 or not though...

|

7/20/2018 2:18 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

The pins will gouge the guard on most sprockets and even gouge some drivers(Odyssey Clutch V1) just due to it being such a ...more

my master pin on my shadow interlock v2 gouges the side of my sprocket lol its slowly but surely machining its way through. master pin hits the top of the guard part so it feels like a skip everytime master pin comes around

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

7/20/2018 4:45 PM

Mr. Blood wrote:

I recently was told that the shadow supreme chain will eat up the Madera spline drive guarded sprocket

I want to see if ...more

I have this exact setup, no issues at all and been on it over a year.

|

7/28/2018 6:59 AM

thehorrorcontact wrote:

I have this exact setup, no issues at all and been on it over a year.

Can you post some pictures of your set up ?

|