Mafia Bikes?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/22/2016 6:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2016 7:03 PM

Is Mafia a good brand? I see they offer what seem to be good bikes at low prices. Why are they cheaper than most bikes?

|

6/22/2016 6:58 PM

Just looked a their site...I only see hi-Tensile steel mentioned in their completes. the frame they offer is Chromo...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

6/22/2016 10:54 PM

They're no better, or cheaper than any bike you can pick up from any bike shop. They're just really good at making their bikes sound good.
Plus, if you buy one, your money goes straight to them. I'm yet to see them do anything positive in bmx. Whereas if you buy locally, you'll be helping a local shop owner feed his kids. Or if you buy from a bmx store online, you'll be helping them support their local scene.

|

6/22/2016 11:12 PM

Good entry level bikes , if your just getting into riding one of them would probably do you good

|

6/23/2016 9:49 PM

I heard that their frames are made in China. Is that good or bad?

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

6/23/2016 11:10 PM

neophyte16 wrote:

The device you typed that sentence on was made in China , what are you some kind of hippy?
Guess where all those American made frame companies usually get their tools to
Build frames from , China theirs nothing wrong with that , if you drive on the road in a car their is probably a few things your using that where made in China

|

6/24/2016 10:45 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

They're no better, or cheaper than any bike you can pick up from any bike shop. They're just really good at making their bikes ...more

THIS 100%

Support your local shop or an online shop Like Empire, Albes, Or DansComp.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

6/24/2016 1:29 PM

neophyte16 wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

The device you typed that sentence on was made in China , what are you some kind of hippy?
Guess where all those American ...more

I completely disagree.

Buy American made.

|

-- doing business like its a business since 1985 --

"*a08 is awesome" -Penman166

T34416L3 TW1N5 - Terrible Twins (Twin Terrible One Barcodes) Brakes/Brakeless T1

a08's Ohio Standard - STOLEN - REWARD IF FOUND

WTB: Chrome GSport Birdcage Rims
WTB: S&M Pitchfork, 26mm
WTB: BSD Revolution Hub, RHD

6/24/2016 2:06 PM

Trumps going to run America into the ground

|

6/24/2016 2:18 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I agree.

So hurry and get your American made parts now..

|

-- doing business like its a business since 1985 --

"*a08 is awesome" -Penman166

T34416L3 TW1N5 - Terrible Twins (Twin Terrible One Barcodes) Brakes/Brakeless T1

a08's Ohio Standard - STOLEN - REWARD IF FOUND

WTB: Chrome GSport Birdcage Rims
WTB: S&M Pitchfork, 26mm
WTB: BSD Revolution Hub, RHD

6/24/2016 5:26 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Guess where all those American ...more

No reputable companies have their frames made in China, and not a single aftermarket frame is made there. Taiwan is most common.

Yes there is a difference.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/24/2016 7:37 PM

If you're buying a bike to learn 180's on and hop curbs it'll be perfect . If you're planning on trying 540's and landing 450 , or doing a bunch of heavy grinds maybe not so much .

Judge on what you can do , but personally buying completed at shops ( if they are reasonably priced in accordance to buying locally ) then it has a lot more benefits .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/24/2016 7:49 PM

If you have ever seen The House Boardshop brand Sapient, I would probably rather get one of those.

At least when it comes to the completes. I haven't seen anything on their aftermarket stuff really, and it doesn't seem special at all.

I do think it is interesting that it has taken 6+ months already from the official announcement for basically nothing to happen.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/24/2016 8:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2016 8:06 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

If you're buying a bike to learn 180's on and hop curbs it'll be perfect . If you're planning on trying 540's and landing 450 ...more

Thank you

|

6/24/2016 8:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2016 8:07 PM

China , Taiwan , USA
it's all the same shit

|

6/25/2016 12:20 AM

Quick question. Why is everyone saying this bike will be fine, yet every other thread the op gets told by 30 different people to get a better bike? Are people taking stupid pills, or do you all just love harry main that much?

|

6/28/2016 3:39 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Canada is lovely this time of year...

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!