Mafiabikes Kush ?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/26/2016 3:59 AM

|

11/26/2016 4:47 AM

Everyone in this forum recommends against them. Not very good bikes.

|

11/26/2016 5:56 AM

Get. The. Mongoose.

|

11/26/2016 8:22 AM

Get something chromoly if you can. Avoid hi-tensile frame and parts if you can (like this bike)

|

11/26/2016 8:35 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Get. The. Mongoose.

You have said a thousand times please stop

|

11/26/2016 8:42 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Get. The. Mongoose.

georgebooky wrote:

Because it's the best bike you'll get for the money. Don't ask our opinion on shit bikes when you've already been told what your best option is

|

11/26/2016 8:48 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Get. The. Mongoose.

georgebooky wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Because it's the best bike you'll get for the money. Don't ask our opinion on shit bikes when you've already been told what your best option is

No wonder it's grumpy Steve, bell end

|

11/26/2016 9:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/26/2016 9:06 AM

georgebooky wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

georgebooky wrote:

How am I a bell end? I'm trying to help you. What's the point of asking our opinion if you're not going to listen?

Edit: the only reason I'm suggesting the mongoose is for your benefit.
The scan r120 has a chromoly frame, fork, bars and cranks, sealed bearings throughout, and double wall rims.
The r90 has a chromoly front triangle, mid bb, integrated headset.

There isn't another bike on the market for that price that's anywhere near as good. The bikes you keep posting are hi ten steel with unsealed bearings. It's a no brainer really

|

11/26/2016 9:14 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

georgebooky wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

How am I a bell end? I'm trying to help you. What's the point of asking our opinion if you're not going to listen?

The scan r120 has a chromoly frame, fork, bars and cranks, sealed bearings throughout, and double wall rims.

There isn't another bike on the market for that price that's anywhere near as good. The bikes you keep posting are hi ten steel with unsealed bearings. It's a no brainer really

By the time I buy it it won't be for sale anymore and I won't be able to afford it so

|

11/26/2016 10:01 AM

georgebooky wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

georgebooky wrote:

By the time I buy it it won't be for sale anymore and I won't be able to afford it so

Halfords always have a sale on, they practically never go up to full retail price. Plus they're only a tiny bit about your budget

|

11/26/2016 10:33 AM

Steve is only grumpy cause no one listens to his logic...but that;s ok. Live and learn. Throw money at Hi Ten bikes over and over again...then eventually get a full chromo if you can still afford it

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

11/26/2016 10:49 AM

I'm with Steve on this one

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

11/26/2016 8:38 PM

Mafia bikes are junk and Steve is giving you the best bang for the buck period! You are not going to find a better bike in that price range period! Hi tensile steel everything and unsealed bearing is garbage! Those bikes might look cool with the colors and all of that but they are very very cheaply built

|

11/26/2016 10:58 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

I say just let him get the Mafia. Only way he's gonna learn. Once it starts shitting the bed on him and he has to buy a whole new bike again, he'll be back here and maybe he'll listen to your suggestion finally. Or he'll buy another Mafia lolol.

On the subject of the bike you're asking about... While it certainly won't snap the first time you do a bunnyhop, it won't hold up like the Mongoose would. Your call if you wanna waste the money on it but don't say we didn't warn you.

|

11/27/2016 3:01 PM

Lol this kid just wants one good recommendation so that he can jump on buying the cool looking weed bike instead of something nicer.

|

11/28/2016 1:35 PM

Isnt it ironic that this forum is sponsored by mongoose, and the only bikes recomended to beginers is also mongoose...hmmm

|

11/28/2016 1:40 PM

Calm down Jesus

|

11/28/2016 1:43 PM

I love that last sentence for the description of the bike. Another example of a company with no agenda. so the company selling the bike just happens to think its the best bike lol dumb marketing for dumb kids. I guess it works

|

11/28/2016 2:49 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Isnt it ironic that this forum is sponsored by mongoose, and the only bikes recomended to beginers is also mongoose...hmmm

We recommend mongoose bikes to beginners on a tight budget because it's the best they'll get for the price. If they had a £1000 budget we'd recommend a custom build. If they had a £500 budget we'd suggest something else. I personally wouldn't put anything mongoose anywhere near my bike, because I'm a bit of a snob. But yeah, I think mongoose should start paying us, the amount of times we've recommended them to kids!

|

11/29/2016 1:35 PM

Get the Mafia. There is that what you wanted to hear. One out of 10 people told you to buy it, so now you can...lol

|

11/29/2016 1:38 PM

Another bloke on the forum with a problem

|

11/29/2016 1:41 PM

He's grumpy for the right reasons, as exemplified flawlessly here.

The Mode 900 is the best anyone could get for a first bike. Period.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

11/29/2016 2:29 PM

georgebooky wrote:

Another bloke on the forum with a problem

Non of us have got a problem, we're simply telling you the best bike you can get for your money. You obviously don't care for our knowledge and experience. Just do what you want kid, but don't expect us to help you in the future if you're going to take that attitude. And don't post loads of threads asking what bike to get when you've already been given advice.

|

11/29/2016 2:31 PM

Yeah then don't carry on saying how dumb I am and that aw let him get that bike so it breaks just leave it

|

11/29/2016 3:12 PM

Listen - if yr not a junior marketing intern for Mafia Bikes, you're sure doing a good job of reacting like one.

If you're really just a kid on a budget, & you don't like the Mongoose suggestion, here's another: buy a used complete from a company like WTP, Kink, Sunday, whatever you find a rider selling locally and get opinions here re: parts quality, condition, etc.

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

11/29/2016 3:19 PM

georgebooky wrote:

Yeah then don't carry on saying how dumb I am and that aw let him get that bike so it breaks just leave it

Go ahead and get it then.

No one's stopping you from buying an inferior product, but don't come back here bitching and whining when you need to replace half the bike after a month or so of riding it, or even get a new bike again altogether.

|

11/29/2016 3:22 PM

Ok thanks for the advice buddy

|

11/29/2016 6:58 PM

I impulse bought one when I was getting back into BMX, the cheaper one and tbh it's not bad for what I paid but it's otherwise crap, unsealed US bearings, One Piece Cranks with a massive front sprocket, standard headset and not an integrated one, Hi-Tensile everything.

If you want a bike buy a better one either new or second hand, you'd be surprised what you can get used with a bit of hunting around I mean the literal only use I'm finding for mine is stripping it for wheels, seats etc on my new frame :p

|

11/30/2016 12:38 AM

Mongoose

Mode

*Cue rant.*

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

11/30/2016 12:45 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Mongoose

Mode

*Cue rant.*

That's not available over here haha. Our equivalent is the scan r120. Full retail is £360 iirc, but it's always on sale for £260. It's the signature bike for Ben Wallace

|