Mafiabikes hitmain

Related:
Create New Tag

6/3/2017 9:19 PM

Anyone know anything or familiar with Mafiabikes? I know they're a U.K. Based company and I'm interested on knowing a little bit more about the hitmain frame. Any good experiences bad experiences with the bike or company themselves? And how they're process is on shipping to the US.

|

6/3/2017 9:34 PM

Why you say that lol

|

6/3/2017 10:01 PM

Christian_andrew617 wrote:

Why you say that lol

'Cause a lot of people here know lots of things about Mafia... This won't end well. tongue

In all seriousness, a lot of people here—and elsewhere in the BMX Multiverse—take exception to their business model, and their execution of it. There's more. Others will likely chime in.

|

6/3/2017 10:02 PM

Mafia is the devil

|

6/3/2017 10:03 PM

SquirrelBait wrote:

Mafia is the devil

Lol why what's up with them

|

6/3/2017 10:39 PM

You clearly have an internet machine; research a bit. Here, I'll even help. Search phrase: mafiabikes direct sales. Search here on vital too.

|

6/3/2017 10:42 PM

SquirrelBait wrote:

Mafia is the devil

GMGuinn wrote:

You clearly have an internet machine; research a bit. Here, I'll even help. Search phrase: mafiabikes direct sales. Search here on vital too.

Got you, thanks for the help.

|

6/3/2017 10:45 PM

Because they slap a big name and pretty colors on high-ten steel junk and sell it direct for prices that really aren't that great. They won't last long, look up Amity bikes. They were sold by the same people that now run Mafia. Amity tanked when people finally realized they were crap, only a matter of time before Mafia follows.

|

6/3/2017 10:54 PM

SquirrelBait wrote:

Mafia is the devil

SquirrelBait wrote:

Because they slap a big name and pretty colors on high-ten steel junk and sell it direct for prices that really aren't that great. They won't last long, look up Amity bikes. They were sold by the same people that now run Mafia. Amity tanked when people finally realized they were crap, only a matter of time before Mafia follows.

Well damn you guys really have helped me determine that I don't want that bike. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the Begin but any good we the people bikes you recommend if I don't decide to stick with fit? I ride a 2012 we the people arcade frame now, it's nice and good and all but I'm ready to get a new bike.

|

6/3/2017 11:30 PM

Are you talking about the aftermarket frame? It's made in the same factory as some other aftermarket frames. But it's not all that much cheaper. Bear in mind the £ is shit right now. So you could probably get a better frame for a little bit more money from a bmx shop but save on shipping.

I wouldn't buy it out of principle, but it's a lot better than the complete bikes. The completes are terrible and not really any cheaper than a mongoose for example

|

6/4/2017 6:28 AM

This is getting stupid. How many times has this exact question been asked. It's so much faster to do a Google search!!!

|

6/4/2017 8:17 AM

I guess people come here for the real world answers. But mafia is junk and overhyped by harry main who sold out on bmx for the money and sugar coats it by telling the world their building quality bikes at a low cost for all these kids getting into the sport. The bikes are absolute garbage. I used to like him before he got on mafia and got on YouTube click baiting the fuck out of his videos doing nothing but selling the mafia brand and showing off all his stuff he's bought while laughing the whole time knowing everyone that fell into the trap are a bunch of suckers

|

6/4/2017 8:41 AM

SquirrelBait wrote:

Mafia is the devil

The devil is way cooler then god

|

6/4/2017 9:37 AM

SquirrelBait wrote:

Mafia is the devil

eskimojay wrote:

The devil is way cooler then god

Touché. I just used that line like Bobby Boucher's momma in The Waterboy. First thing that pops in my head anytime someone brings up Mafiabikes lol

|

6/4/2017 9:47 AM

The complete bikes are not good. They have some good entry level or just above parts. Like sealed everything, 3pc cranks. But the frame/fork/bars are just steel. It will bend or snap.

Now the after market frame/forks/bars are good. Made in the same place as many too companies. That's the reason you rarely see Harry Main riding a stock bike. He has, but not for any length of time. It can't hold up to his riding. Harry left Hyper due to an offer he would be crazy to pass up. From what I have read he is making double his deal with Hyper plus he has clothing and other deals in place. Mafia pretty much made it so he doesn't have to worry about money. And his YouTube channel is half him and half an ad for Mafia

|

6/4/2017 9:58 AM

Gack2000 wrote:

The complete bikes are not good. They have some good entry level or just above parts. Like sealed everything, 3pc cranks. But the frame/fork/bars are just steel. It will bend or snap.

Now the after market frame/forks/bars are good. Made in the same place as many too companies. That's the reason you rarely see Harry Main riding a stock bike. He has, but not for any length of time. It can't hold up to his riding. Harry left Hyper due to an offer he would be crazy to pass up. From what I have read he is making double his deal with Hyper plus he has clothing and other deals in place. Mafia pretty much made it so he doesn't have to worry about money. And his YouTube channel is half him and half an ad for Mafia

Well damn, thanks for at least explaining like that. I mean I can see on his YouTube it's usually half him half stuff for mafia. I really like his bike but all I'm liking is the colors. I think I'll end up going with the Begin 1 from fitbikeco. Heard anything bad about them? I really want a freecoaster but if I wasn't getting the bike from fit I was going to look more into mafia but you guys have really opened my eyes about not riding their products well their complete products at least.

|

6/4/2017 11:53 AM

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

6/4/2017 1:28 PM

Try local for sale advertisements or websites. Best deals as new parts get sold for good deals, even across the pond(:

|

6/4/2017 1:31 PM

I think Harry get way more hate then he deserves. I love his channel and his content.
But Adam LZ can go fuck himself. If you wanna talk about sellouts, Jesus.

|

6/4/2017 3:48 PM

I like the S&M ufo frame but shit for that much it should be a complete. I've been interested in the frame since I first saw it but I don't wanna pay 350+ for just a frame right now when I could just buy a complete with a freecoaster.

|

6/5/2017 2:10 PM

michael.eckhart wrote:

I think Harry get way more hate then he deserves. I love his channel and his content.

I used to be a fan of Harry, but once he started bashing other brands for selling through shops, he lost my respect. It's fine to be excited for your company/process of selling, but to slam others because you choose to "sell high quality for less" (not true-their bikes are crap and similar pricing to other, non-direct brands) is just awful. Especially when we are a pretty small drop in the bucket compared to many other avenues of cycling.

LZ was always in it for fun from what I saw. He rode a lot and goofed off with friends. Maybe things have changed-I haven't watched any of his stuff for a while now. He found a solid spot on Youtube and did well with it. Technically one could try to argue the same for Scotty Cranmer and his crew...they do pretty much the same thing LZ did-ride and goof off on video.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/5/2017 2:24 PM

michael.eckhart wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

I used to be a fan of Harry, but once he started bashing other brands for selling through shops, he lost my respect. It's fine to be excited for your company/process of selling, but to slam others because you choose to "sell high quality for less" (not true-their bikes are crap and similar pricing to other, non-direct brands) is just awful. Especially when we are a pretty small drop in the bucket compared to many other avenues of cycling.

LZ was always in it for fun from what I saw. He rode a lot and goofed off with friends. Maybe things have changed-I haven't watched any of his stuff for a while now. He found a solid spot on Youtube and did well with it. Technically one could try to argue the same for Scotty Cranmer and his crew...they do pretty much the same thing LZ did-ride and goof off on video.

What's considered a non direct brand though

|

6/5/2017 2:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2017 2:42 PM

Mafia is direct only I think. A lot of brands offer their parts and whatnots direct, but they also continue to use distributors, LBSes/other resellers/retailers/etc. And though I don't know this for certain, it wouldn't surprise me if some seemingly "direct" orders were fulfilled by some other entity. Just speculating on that, though.

|

6/5/2017 2:44 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

GMGuinn wrote:

Mafia is direct only I think. A lot of brands offer their parts and whatnots direct, but they also continue to use distributors, LBSes/other resellers/retailers/etc. And though I don't know this for certain, it wouldn't surprise me if some seemingly "direct" orders were fulfilled by some other entity. Just speculating on that, though.

Yeah but isn't that bad though?

|

6/5/2017 9:12 PM

I remember a tread in pinkbike that had a screenshot of a facebook post where they said something like "for all those who doubted us, shove it up your cake hole". That's not a good business motto.

|

6/6/2017 2:28 AM

GMGuinn wrote:

Yeah but isn't that bad though?

It was his attitude toward it that pissed people off.
But, if every bmx company only sold direct, all the bmx shops and distributors would close down. The shops and distributors are the ones that find kids in their local area to hook up with sponsors. And usually have a pretty big impact on their local scene (take source in hastings as an example. They've done really well as a shop because they've helped support a thriving bmx scene).

When it all started, a lot of companies were worried that other companies would follow and only sell direct. If a shop doesn't make money, they stop ordering parts from a distributor. If a distributor doesn't make money they close down. So the bmx companies are stuck with stock they can't sell to distributors all over the world. The UK has a good scene, we can get anything we want over here because we have good distributors, and good shops. We all support each other. But if the distributors closed down, it would cost us an absolute fortune to buy parts direct from a US based company (including the non American made stuff). So we wouldn't buy those parts. And that company misses out on a huge portion of its sales (as in, everyone not in America. To put this into perspective, shipping alone to the UK is $80 for a frame. Plus we have to pay import tax at roughly $50. That's a lot more than just buying from a shop over here).

I don't care what Harry or mafia do. But it was Harry's "fuck you" attitude toward the rest of bmx that made me think he's just a narcissistic prick.

All this being said. The completes are no cheaper or better than a mongoose. And the aftermarket stuff is kind of on par with some other aftermarket stuff, but still not particularly cheaper. Mafia make a lot more money per bike sold than any other company in bmx. The buyer isn't getting a good deal. They're just not giving money to a shop or distributor. We should support our rider owned and run shops.

|