Related:
Create New Tag

10/27/2013 4:27 PM

Have you made an edit?
What do you like to see in edits?
How long is the right length?
Do you edit them?
What do you use to edit them?
How big a factor is music in an edit for you 1-10?

Me and my friends (Stocksy, Chaz, and my bro and my black friend hopefully) are making an edit!! It will include some of our antics and riding. I know, CSB, but itll be good, trust me. Im editing it and we are all doing our own filming and such. Do any of you have some tips for me and my friends when making an edit?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

10/27/2013 4:46 PM

1. no only been in some but for skating not bmx
2. personality i like when people add their own mix to things and good riding
3. for a little edit 5 min. or so but team or crew edits and if theirs antic/break scenes and the riding's good i would watch up to 20 mins.
4. seriously?
5. various video editing programs i would torrent but i don't know any personally
6. very i have to mute half these sh*t music edits on here..also i like music and background noise (i.e. tire squeals, grinding noises, cassette etc.)

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

10/27/2013 5:25 PM

yes
big stair sets, creativity, scary big stuffs
depends on how good the riding is
yes
flipshare lol

i can't wait to see this!

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/27/2013 5:29 PM

Just going with the music, something rhythmic that is backround music. I think in the beginning of talk is cheap, it had something like that. But if it is rap, make it quiet, and not cursing every line.

|

10/27/2013 5:30 PM

my boyfriends and i are currently workin on a dvd smile
i like to see riding AND random fuckaround clips
any length is good. if it's a rider i like, the longer the better.
yup
fcp x
10. music is REALLy important imo

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

10/27/2013 5:47 PM

Have you made an edit? Not BMX, but a few moto.
What do you like to see in edits? Cinematic stuff, no shaky cell phone clips.
How long is the right length? 3-5 minutes is all I'll watch on YouTube, clips should be 5-10 seconds max!
Do you edit them? Uh yeah!
What do you use to edit them? Sony Vegas
How big a factor is music in an edit for you 1-10? 5-7. The video should be watchable without music, add it as a compliment to the video.

|

10/27/2013 5:50 PM

Dont worry, i am trying to make the shots good everyone, i also hate shaky cell phone clips, but some are done with my little bro filming, so i take what i can get sometimes.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

10/27/2013 5:50 PM

No
Good Music (No rap) and a variety of trick's not the same couple of tricks in different spots.
5-10 minutes?
No, No editing skill at all.
N/A
Uhh like 100000! Music is the most important factor

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/27/2013 6:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/27/2013 6:12 PM

If your riding is nice and it's not shot from a terrible angle that's all that matters to me.

No music, one trick.

http://thecomeup.com/videos/thomas-deschenaux-n-w-t-b-r-k-l-s-s-mmxiii/

|

10/27/2013 6:20 PM

BNC wrote:

If your riding is nice and it's not shot from a terrible angle that's all that matters to me.

No music, one trick.

http://thecomeup.com/videos/thomas-deschenaux-n-w-t-b-r-k-l-s-s-mmxiii/

Dang that was good, i like it.

|

10/29/2013 11:49 AM

Have you made an edit? yes a few
What do you like to see in edits? riding and antics
How long is the right length? anything over 7min can bore me
Do you edit them? yes
What do you use to edit them? adobe premier , windows movie maker for simple shit
How big a factor is music in an edit for you 1-10? like 3. if i cant find a good song to fit i say screw it. like in my last edit.

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

10/29/2013 4:08 PM

element4all wrote:

Have you made an edit? yes a few
What do you like to see in edits? riding and antics
How long is the right length? anything over 7min can bore me
Do you edit them? yes
What do you use to edit them? adobe premier , windows movie maker for simple shit
How big a factor is music in an edit for you 1-10? like 3. if i cant find a good song to fit i say screw it. like in my last edit.

Nice edit man! Which one is you?

|

10/29/2013 6:41 PM

im sean, in the blue

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

10/29/2013 6:43 PM

Kinda weak without the music TBH :p but hey.. thats just my opinion

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/29/2013 7:44 PM

element4all wrote:

im sean, in the blue

Nice dude! I feel like you could have gotten more footage tho! haha

|

10/29/2013 8:22 PM

Ignorant asa rap music goes hand in hand with street heavy edits. Just make sure you FOLLOW WHOEVER YOUR FILMING. I see people standing still trying to film a whole street line and I feel like robbing their homes. I used Adobe Premier to edit because I'm galling as fuck. A nice intro can also decide who's going to keep watching or stop watching. To me,, I love all of Stevie Churchills edits. But to each is own. Ps l: Don't film a lot of bowl sequences they get annoying as fuck.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

10/30/2013 2:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2013 2:24 AM

If you're going to make an edit for park transition it between slow-mo then make it normal speed and it looks sick especially with this kind of music:

&list=FLoUzKaqWkgk9nAKKTWyG76w

Or any mellow Radihead-like music is the shit.

EDIT: If you could somehow bypass copyright this would be the best song to use for a park edit

But for street I feel rap kind of flows better. Unless you're doing Sean Burns gaps and using loads of crash and falling and shit in the edit shit, metal just doesn't seem to work. All of this is my opinion though, oh and if you use dubstep or electro or any music like that it will ruin your edit.

Use something from Death Grips if you are going for huge gaps and getting smashed up and shit:
Takyon
Guillotine
No love (Probably the best)

Sorry for all the links but seriously, these would suit any edit if you used them right.

Also, I feel this editing style is the best.
|

bicycle more like bikecycle

10/30/2013 7:01 AM

people need to stop thinking that the onlyrap music is the music used in edits. Yes we know most of the songs are shite, but i listen to alot of rap, GOOD RAP. Tbf, most of it realy would go in an edit though

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

10/31/2013 10:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/31/2013 10:54 PM

Have you made an edit? yes but it was moto
What do you like to see in edits? i like to see things extended tuck no's turndowns ect and i like flowy riders
How long is the right length? for an edit i would say anywhere for 1:30-4:00
Do you edit them? ._.
What do you use to edit them? final cut pro x and adobe after affects and i mess around with twixtor sometimes.
How big a factor is music in an edit for you 1-10? 9 if theres a song that just doesnt work with the video i just go raw. i like to use songs that have creativity something most people dont use. I HATE OVERUSED SONGS.

|

just huck it