Making a grind box

Related:
Create New Tag

1/15/2014 3:30 PM

As most of you know I can't ride my bike due to recent surgery. So I sketched this up during class today.
Photo

Photo
I also sketched this up.

Photo

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/15/2014 3:34 PM

Its going to be 25ft wide?

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

1/15/2014 3:37 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Its going to be 25ft wide?

haha no 2.5 feet

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/15/2014 3:53 PM

looks good but i made a 2 ft ledge and it was honestly too tall to play around on and learn new grind combos on so i cut it to 20in which i think is a lot better

|

1/15/2014 4:00 PM

Go 2.5 to 3 feet tall make it high enough that it challenges you it will help your skills in the long run

|

1/15/2014 4:09 PM

aaron.samuel.green wrote:

looks good but i made a 2 ft ledge and it was honestly too tall to play around on and learn new grind combos on so i cut it to 20in which i think is a lot better

i may try like 18-20 something like that

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

1/15/2014 4:37 PM

Lol.. 2.5ft... I can't even hop 2ft.. I'd stack on that shit.

Make it L shaped, so you can try higher stuff on one side and lower stuff on the other in case you need too.

|

1/15/2014 4:43 PM

I got mine all sketched out too haha!

10 Feet Long, BUT!.. 2 x 5ft Sections that Bolt Together for easier storage!
4 Feet Wide.. Standard Shuttering Ply Width!
18" High I Believe!.. I want something a little lower that "Regular" Boxes as My Hops Suck ARSE!!!

I start the LOOOOOONG Road of Rehab on Friday & I want something I can practice on really... It's about the same height as the Bench at My Local Park that I used to have fun practicing My Grinds on! A few of My Friends will use it too & can't hop to save their lives so it will be good for them to Practice on!

|

1/15/2014 4:54 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Go 2.5 to 3 feet tall make it high enough that it challenges you it will help your skills in the long run

3 foot is easy. but its 2.5 wide

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

1/15/2014 4:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/15/2014 4:57 PM

That'd be perfect then you can tip it side to side and go back and forth from 2.5 and 3 feet

|

1/15/2014 5:36 PM

Looks great, just make sure you build it strong. 8ft might be kinda short actually, mine's 10ft and when you hit it at speed you kinda just kiss it and you're done. I'll probably build a new one this summer at least 14ft or 16ft and make it so that I can tip it for a higher or lower ledge like eskimojay suggested.

|

1/15/2014 7:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/15/2014 7:39 PM

Make it lower to like 1.5 feet man, trust me it'll make it a lot more fun to learn grind combos and such on. 3 feet may be an easy grind but this is just a backyard ledge for learning shit at home. If you wanna ride a proper ledge just go ride street.

A low but long ledge is a lot more fun than a high but short ledge.

|

1/15/2014 10:41 PM

I have one 18" high. It's perfect.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/16/2014 1:16 AM

I am going to build a grind box when my uncle come at my house with the wood and all that stuff. I cant wait,

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/16/2014 4:57 PM

do it up... idmaybe make it a foot or two longer though... added length is always good

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/16/2014 5:02 PM

if you plan on keeping it for a while i'd go 10' long..i made mine 8' and wished it was a little lonfer..also i agree taper it maybe 1.5' to 2' or higher would be fun

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)