Making your own part...

Related:
Create New Tag

5/16/2013 1:53 AM

So next year at college I'm doing a project and I can make pretty much anything I want. I'll be designing it throughout the year, get a budget for it, and if i put my own money into it, if its good enough I'll get refunded so it'll be free....
I dont think a frame or anything like that would be possible because I doubt we have the jigs for them, but something like a sprocket, stem, hubshell etc thats made from aluminium I'd be able to do. I dont just want to copy some design, I want to try and develop new features since I can do what I want... But I want your ideas on what to do, and if you have anything you'd do if you were making a part...... go?

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

5/16/2013 1:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2013 1:57 AM

Make a stem with a pot leaf on the front plate and sell it for 120$.

Really tho a stem or sprocket is the most realistic. Do something personal on it so it's like YOUR part ya' know? Like your initials or nickname idfk.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

5/16/2013 1:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2013 1:59 AM

I'm not that good but I made a decently good hub guard with a lathe.
Came out pretty good, I'm still rocking it last this summer.
I think you should go for it, someone else here made some pretty dope metal bar end Oydssey style.
Here.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/16/2013 2:17 AM

andyferly wrote:

I think you should go for it, someone else here made some pretty dope metal bar end Oydssey style.
Here.

shit yeah, I remember that, looked sweet man. howd it hold up?

@spenlard - Yeah, i was thinking stem/sprocket, maybe a stem because theres more room to do something different with it, like a hinge, or a wedge thing. I agree on the make it my part, but selling it for money with a pot leaf on sounds good too... :L

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

5/16/2013 3:08 AM

andyferly wrote:

Here.

EddiMundo wrote:

@spenlard - Yeah, i was thinking stem/sprocket, maybe a stem because theres more room to do something different with it, like a hinge, or a wedge thing. I agree on the make it my part, but selling it for money with a pot leaf on sounds good too... :L

Holding up great.
Only thing is that the edges dented a little but nothing serious just little scuffs.

|

5/16/2013 3:17 AM

andyferly wrote:

Holding up great.
Only thing is that the edges dented a little but nothing serious just little scuffs.

how much did the block of aluminium cost?

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

5/16/2013 3:22 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

andyferly wrote:

Holding up great.

EddiMundo wrote:

0 $.
My grandfather had a bunch of those in his workshop.
They really don'y cost much though.

|

5/16/2013 3:25 AM

andyferly wrote:

Holding up great.

EddiMundo wrote:

andyferly wrote:

0 $.

lucky you :L Think I'll probably go with making a stem then and if its more than my bedget i'll just pay a bit... think some kind of hinge, always liked them

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

5/16/2013 3:27 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

andyferly wrote:

0 $.

EddiMundo wrote:

lucky you :L Think I'll probably go with making a stem then and if its more than my bedget i'll just pay a bit... think some kind of hinge, always liked them

Yeah man stem sounds like a good idea.
I don't know how hard it is to make one though.

|

5/16/2013 4:10 AM

andyferly wrote:

0 $.

EddiMundo wrote:

andyferly wrote:

well I guess I'll find out next year :L alot of it will be programming the cnc machine i would think...

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

5/16/2013 4:15 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

andyferly wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

well I guess I'll find out next year :L alot of it will be programming the cnc machine i would think...

Yeah most likely.

|

5/16/2013 4:30 AM

Stem

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/16/2013 4:42 AM

Stem, Headset/spacers, BB Cones, barends.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

5/16/2013 6:46 AM

A stem would be a great thing to create from scratch, as well as a sprocket. It's an opportunity to think outside the box, forget about the whole top load/ front load thing, if you want, and start new.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

5/16/2013 8:29 AM

Make my sprocket and send one to me. smile Although I need to do a little more work.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/16/2013 8:56 AM

sprocket in the shape of a spiral to fuck everyone's mind as you ride by haha

|

Bruh

5/16/2013 9:08 AM

You should make me a sprocket, that would be rad :3

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/16/2013 9:17 AM

Dude make the sprocket out of 4130 Chromoly, that would be the dopest thing ever.
If you make one in 27 or 28 tooth and I approve I swear to my left testicle I'll buy it off you.

|

5/16/2013 9:25 AM

andyferly wrote:

Dude make the sprocket out of 4130 Chromoly, that would be the dopest thing ever.
If you make one in 27 or 28 tooth and I approve I swear to my left testicle I'll buy it off you.

4130 boltdrive heat treated.
I will buy that.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

5/16/2013 9:30 AM

andyferly wrote:

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

4130 boltdrive heat treated.
I will buy that.

This!!!!!!!
Plus I'm in Europe so shipping rates aren't gonna be that high.

|

5/16/2013 2:11 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

A stem would be a great thing to create from scratch, as well as a sprocket. It's an opportunity to think outside the box, forget about the whole top load/ front load thing, if you want, and start new.

thats what im thinking, already been thinking of some crazy ideas, since there doesnt have to be a market for it, it can be whatever.

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

5/16/2013 3:42 PM

make a topload stem that is split like the subrosa but a pinch bolt like the odyssey lincoln.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/17/2013 2:36 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

make a topload stem that is split like the subrosa but a pinch bolt like the odyssey lincoln.

....wut? i have no idea what you mean by a subrosa being split... do you mean tree? like the tree collect thats 2 pieces?

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

5/17/2013 6:19 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

EddiMundo wrote:

....wut? i have no idea what you mean by a subrosa being split... do you mean tree? like the tree collect thats 2 pieces?

the stems top cap is in two peaces and part of the stem too. but make the clamping system like how the odyssey mono lever clamps onto bars. with a hinge and everything.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/17/2013 8:06 AM

Pedals might be a good idea.

|