Male to Female

Related:
Create New Tag

4/1/2014 9:17 AM

Do you guys know of any female axle and such that would work with the Demo Bulimia hub? I like the look of female hubs, plus they're generally stronger, and since the bulimia is male...any suggestions?

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

4/1/2014 11:11 AM

Searching in the internet i found that he only way is to do it by yourself. If ou want i can add a link to a thread.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/1/2014 11:23 AM

Buy a 14mm center axle w/ pressfit hardware and bolts and find bearings that fit that and the hubshell. File/grind the axle/hardware if they dont sit right. Ofcourse the bearings will be paper thin. You could lathe the hubshell for larger bearings but thats just going to weaken the hubshell.

Yes, it is possible to female it, but it will defeat the purpose of femaling it by weakening other parts of the hub. If youre really interested in a female hub, pick up a Mission Stalwart for $50. 6902 bearings, 15mm chromoly axle, 3/8 chromoly bolts, etc. Its virtually the same as 90% of other female front hubs including the BSD, Daily Grind, etc. but for a fraction of the price.

Goodluck.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/1/2014 12:36 PM

Dan's Comp says it uses 6001 bearings, which are 12x28x8. 6902s are 15x28x7, so you wouldn't need to make the bearing races bigger, you'd just need to find a working 1mm thick spacer for each side. If you can find a 14mm or 15mm inner axle with 100mm spacing, you could probably get it to work. Might be a bit tricky though.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

4/1/2014 1:59 PM

Thanks guys

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim