Male vs. Female? (Calling out DeviantBMX)

Related:
Create New Tag

2/20/2014 3:09 PM

Just curious on your guys' opinions on this topic. Easier to post screenshots than type everything again so yeah. Lol.
Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/20/2014 3:14 PM

I've learned that when people are too fucking stupid to understand that female is stronger, they will never accept your views. They'll just live in ignorance and you have to accept it. Hopefully he doesn't want to go into engineering.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

2/20/2014 3:20 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I've learned that when people are too fucking stupid to understand that female is stronger, they will never accept your views. ...more

Woah. Im looking for opinions on the topic not the conversation! No need to hurt anyones feelings for thinking differently than you.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

2/20/2014 4:14 PM

20mm g-sport homer axle weighs the same as the solid 14mm profile axle.

Yet which one has the no question guarantee on the axle?

This topic will always go in circles but when it comes down to a spec sheet and real world riding, female axles are stiffer "stronger" and usually lighter.

|

2/20/2014 4:46 PM

Fuck it , don't know shit about hubs. I just like riding 14mm back and 3/8ths front. MALE BACK FEMALE FRONT

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/20/2014 4:55 PM

Well females stronger for pretty much the reasons you pointed out less likely to bend/snap because of the wau the pressures distributed

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

2/20/2014 4:56 PM

female>male axle for front
rear i prefer male
but yes, male axles are weaker, and i have personally snapped 2 male axles, none with females

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

2/20/2014 5:57 PM

3/8" true female = stronger than 3/8" male, weaker than 14mm male
3/8" shemale = stronger than 3/8" but weaker than 14mm male

especially with peg use ^^^

14mm true female = stronger than 14mm male

so

3/8" male < 3/8" true female < 3/8" shemale < 14mm male < 14mm female

I've seen several 3/8" male axles bend in the front, even snap, seen only a few 3/8" female bolts in the front bend.

seen a few 3/8" female/shemale axle bolts in the back bend and even snap, and even the center axle snap (Profile)

only ever saw a few 14mm male axles in the back bend or snap, 1 was over 6 years old, 1 was hollow as fuck, and another was my Demolition Anorexia axle, twice, I think due to the poor axle design. Never seen a 14mm female bend or break, then again no one around here really has any

|

2/20/2014 6:11 PM

I thought it was common knowledge female axles are stronger? Anyway I think the front hub I'm getting is male but I don't run pegs so it's whatever

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/20/2014 6:12 PM

Tim, I have nothing to add on this haha! Everything You said is 100% Correct & It would be absolutely pointless for Me to type out one of My Famous 27,000 Paragraph Replies, when I'd just be repeating what You said! Top Notch Buddy! Top Notch!

|

2/20/2014 7:59 PM

Topsey wrote:

Tim, I have nothing to add on this haha! Everything You said is 100% Correct & It would be absolutely pointless for Me to ...more

Thanks man it means alot coming from you!! I may become a Topsey v2 some day. Im already beginning to make the descent into streetland and LOVING IT. I had never really thought about throwing flat into street before I joined this forum and saw you and others preach about it. It makes riding much more enjoyable especially in my spotless town!

|

2/20/2014 11:49 PM

get 14mm front and back. case closed

|

2/20/2014 11:51 PM

He kept saying about how Female axles are thicker, but they are only thicker as the bolt has to go in the axle itself, and the bolt which takes more stress than the axle (on a male hub not a shemale hub) is the same size if not thinner than a standard male one.

|

2/21/2014 6:56 AM

females

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx