Mankind prometheus rear hub

Related:
Create New Tag

6/16/2017 6:43 AM

Does anyone know how to change it from RHD to LHD?
Is there any videos on how to change it?

|

6/16/2017 8:06 AM

I'm pretty sure you just take the driver out, and turn the springs and pawls round

|

6/16/2017 8:10 AM

I already tried that and it still doesnt work

|

6/16/2017 8:19 AM

don't drink the black goo

|

6/16/2017 8:35 AM

Leoo BMX wrote:

I already tried that and it still doesnt work

What doesn't work about it? He/we need details, please.

|

6/16/2017 8:38 AM

When i changed pawls and springs hub didnt work like it should...you could only pedal backwards but when i pedaled forward nothing would happen

|

6/16/2017 8:43 AM

Leoo BMX wrote:

When i changed pawls and springs hub didnt work like it should...you could only pedal backwards but when i pedaled forward nothing would happen

So it wouldn't move "forward" at all, like it's jammed up? Was there the tell-tale clicking of the ratchet when you pedaled backwards?

|

6/16/2017 8:52 AM

I would work like i just changed the side where i run the hub...pawls and springs dont change anything

|

6/16/2017 9:24 AM

Leoo BMX wrote:

I would work like i just changed the side where i run the hub...pawls and springs dont change anything

I'm not sure what you mean here.

|

6/16/2017 10:10 AM

Isnt it with all SDS cassette hubs besides switching pawls/springs, you also have to flip the ratchet ring??

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

6/16/2017 10:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/16/2017 10:15 AM

Not sure if the Mankind hub is the same but perhaps watch this

or

|

REFS-

Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

6/16/2017 11:01 AM

The thing that you need to pull out to ge to ratchet ring doesnt exist

|

6/16/2017 11:06 AM

Leoo BMX wrote:

The thing that you need to pull out to ge to ratchet ring doesnt exist

Post some photos of the guts of the hub. Not a lot of us run Mankind parts.

Then we can more logically help you besides blind suggestions. Or email Mankind about it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/16/2017 11:10 AM

I will email mankind and ask them for help but i think they wont respond...they should make a video like other companyes

|

6/16/2017 11:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/16/2017 11:13 AM

Perhaps your hub is not the SDS version and cannot be switched . I think the had a an earlier version which was not switchable but the driver itself was a universal design to be used in their hubs whether you chose it in lsd or rsd. So if you ever needed to replace your driver, they made one designed which fit in both version of their cassette hub. I have never used and SDS style hub but it appears they all work the same.

DOES YOUR DRIVER HAVE THE SDS LOGO ON IT?

|

REFS-

6/16/2017 11:15 AM

I dont know..should it be on the outside of the driver or inside the driver?

|

6/16/2017 11:16 AM

like this? Photo

|

REFS-

6/16/2017 11:26 AM

Nah it looks like mine is different Photo

|

6/16/2017 11:30 AM

If anything, could email Mankind and ask but I believe this is the issues why you can't switch it.

|

REFS-

6/16/2017 11:35 AM

I will open the hub one more time and check everything out again

|

6/16/2017 4:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/16/2017 4:43 PM

Leoo BMX wrote:

Nah it looks like mine is different Photo

I don't see the difference? Besides the color of course. That is a nice looking hub though. I actually like it a lot. Never seen it before.

|

6/16/2017 6:34 PM

I believe you might have the older model which wasn't switch drive, meaning you can't change it.

How do you like the hub though? Any problems with it? I wanted to buy it a couple years ago but couldn't find enough reviews on it so I'm just curious.

|

6/17/2017 12:43 AM

Hub is great i dont have any problems with it plus its very very loud for people that like loud hubs like i do

|