Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

7/18/2019 2:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/18/2019 2:36 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Yes.

But how im struggling

|

7/18/2019 3:02 AM

It’s about weight distribution and balance. A yank on the bars while putting your ass over the back wheel, arms straight, knees bent. If the front doesn’t come up enough, yank harder and lean back more

|

7/18/2019 3:02 AM

Are you leaning too far forward or too far back? When I first started I had a fear that I would land flat on my back if I leaned too far back. That was the main stumbling block. Also go a decent speed. Makes balancing easier.

|

7/18/2019 5:15 AM

Manualing with any regularity is the hardest thing I’ve ever done on a bmx. Some people just get it, and other like me may never.

I can sit down wheelie for days, do no footer sit down manuals, but I can’t do regular manual for shit. I never could even when I was young and riding every single day. Yeh I’d jump big rythmnsections and do other cool shit but manuals eluded me. I do best when I use no brakes.

|

7/18/2019 6:32 AM

Beamex wrote:

Are you leaning too far forward or too far back? When I first started I had a fear that I would land flat on my back if I leaned too far back. That was the main stumbling block. Also go a decent speed. Makes balancing easier.

Can say because i don't know what im doing like shit if i am making it right or wrong

|

7/18/2019 6:35 AM

But the problem is when I pop hard I go loop out but if I make the right pop ill just bring my body closer to the handle bar and when it is coming down ill shift my body to the back end but unfortunately it's not enough to bring back again the front end higher

|

7/18/2019 9:24 AM

Eric_0629 wrote:

But the problem is when I pop hard I go loop out but if I make the right pop ill just bring my body closer to the handle bar and when it is coming down ill shift my body to the back end but unfortunately it's not enough to bring back again the front end higher

Your arms should be locked and you should use your hips and legs as a spring. It feels a bit like air-humping. That's how you shift your body forward and backwards, don't pull the bars to your chest.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

7/18/2019 8:51 PM

Eric_0629 wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Your arms should be locked and you should use your hips and legs as a spring. It feels a bit like air-humping. That's how you shift your body forward and backwards, don't pull the bars to your chest.

Yup i dont do that but still not working

|

7/18/2019 8:53 PM

Eric_0629 wrote:

Yup i dont do that but still not working

Try to sit your ass just above the rear wheel with your knees slightly bent.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

7/18/2019 8:55 PM

The internet cant help you nor will new bike parts.

Go to a parking lot and figure it out man, best advice i can give ya

|

13 years old

7/18/2019 10:58 PM

Krooked wrote:

The internet cant help you nor will new bike parts.

Go to a parking lot and figure it out man, best advice i can give ya

Thanks, I tried it yesterday but I cant still manage to get my balance point. I think I need mo time and tries to figure it out

|

7/18/2019 11:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/18/2019 11:20 PM

Impossible , you need to be at least be 5 foot 2 to manual a bicycle that size , better buy a new frame dude

|

7/18/2019 11:23 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Impossible , you need to be at least be 5 foot 2 to manual a bicycle that size , better buy a new frame dude

Thanks man, but i can manage to bunny hop it like 1.3ft ahahah

|

7/19/2019 5:44 AM

Eric_0629 wrote:

Thanks, I tried it yesterday but I cant still manage to get my balance point. I think I need mo time and tries to figure it out

dude, i been trying for 6 years and i still ain't got it. Its gonna take time to be able to manny on demand.

|

7/19/2019 7:05 AM

.pegless. wrote:

It’s about weight distribution and balance. A yank on the bars while putting your ass over the back wheel, arms straight, knees bent. If the front doesn’t come up enough, yank harder and lean back more

i bet youre pegless because you lost all 4 of your pegs up your arse go to the hospital man that can cause serious intestinal damage!!

|

i love dick

7/19/2019 8:15 AM

.pegless. wrote:

falloftroy20 wrote:

i bet youre pegless because you lost all 4 of your pegs up your arse go to the hospital man that can cause serious intestinal damage!!

I’ve never had 4 pegs

|

7/21/2019 12:43 AM

.pegless. wrote:

I’ve never had 4 pegs

Because you keep losing them in your ass

|

7/21/2019 6:36 AM

falloftroy20 wrote:

.pegless. wrote:

I’ve never had 4 pegs

PastaIsLitty wrote:

Because you keep losing them in your ass

How can I lose something I never had?

|

7/21/2019 6:36 AM

Manuals take serious effort you cannot be lazy you have to want that freakin manual!

So practice all day everyday for awhile and you’ll get them down eventually

And since there is some bad advice floating around in this thread I’ll give you a few pointers

Do not yank the front end up to begin the manual, instead lean back put your butt over your back tire and let your arms go almost straight and use your leg pressure to pop up the front end, take your time getting use to this, the only time you should be yanking for a manual is if you are hoping into one

Another thing when you do start to manual it helps to drop your back foot a bit so your cranks are like this / don’t try to keep your pedals even, this will help with turning and keeping the manual steady

|

7/22/2019 8:44 PM

i still can't manual for shit

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

7/22/2019 9:48 PM

Spenlard wrote:

i still can't manual for shit

Neither can I.

|

7/23/2019 4:02 AM

Just try them as you go all over. Practice.

I wouldn't spend "all day every day" cause if you don't get em, it will demotivate you. Just take a little time here and there. Maybe an hour one day?

Find a parking lot, pick a starting line, and use something to mark out your distance (I count the spaces as I go if I can, or stop as soon as the front wheel comes down) and mark it. Then try to go a bit farther.

Before you know it you will be going pretty far and they will be pretty easy. That's when you start trying to hop into them, or doing tricks into/out of/during manuals.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/23/2019 4:25 PM

Sometimes, doing them on certain obstacles helps.

For some reason, I cannot, for the life of me, start a manual and hold it while on flat ground. I can, however, super easily drop from about a 1 and 1/2 foot ledge and land in manual nearly every time and hold it the whole way across the park. Alternatively, at the bottom of mellow banks is where I am most comfortable. That tiny bit of ground where the transition meets the flat ground is when I lightly pull up on the bars and I'm in the perfect manual every time.

So, if anything, maybe trying it in different scenarios/places can get you somewhere.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

7/24/2019 7:11 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Sometimes, doing them on certain obstacles helps.

For some reason, I cannot, for the life of me, start a manual and hold it while on flat ground. I can, however, super easily drop from about a 1 and 1/2 foot ledge and land in manual nearly every time and hold it the whole way across the park. Alternatively, at the bottom of mellow banks is where I am most comfortable. That tiny bit of ground where the transition meets the flat ground is when I lightly pull up on the bars and I'm in the perfect manual every time.

So, if anything, maybe trying it in different scenarios/places can get you somewhere.

Some of my first manuals where like that, dropping off curbs on my way home from the trails

|

7/24/2019 7:28 AM

I’m 5”5 ride a 20.75 tt and 8.5 bars with a topload and i love it, manuals are easy asf with my setup

|

7/24/2019 9:16 AM

To add to this. Drop your tire pressure 10 psi and see what happens.

Also when you go to pull up, picture pivoting from your hips. I find it easiest to pull and hold a good manual when I don't jerk into it too quickly.

Another thing I've been doing is widening my knees when I start to feel a wobble.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.