Manual Help??

Related:
Create New Tag

11/27/2013 11:25 AM

Hi Vital, I am new to Vital BMX and was wondering if anyone has any tips for manuals? I have found my balance point but I cant seem to hold them for long distances. I know it takes practice but I want to know if there are any tips for holding manuals?
Thanks

|

11/27/2013 11:27 AM

Lock your elbows straight and pump with your legs

|

11/27/2013 11:30 AM

I seem to hang my butt really close to the back wheel is that a good or bad thing?

|

11/27/2013 11:35 AM

Jwan97 wrote:

I seem to hang my butt really close to the back wheel is that a good or bad thing?

do it however you're comfortable, buddy of mine used to do them with his ass like an inch from his tire, and his front wheel like an inch off the ground and he could do them forever. Only problem you might run into is tricks out of them since you'll have to pull up more when executing the trick, but idk I don't do mine that way so I can't say for sure

|

11/27/2013 11:42 AM

Alright thanks man ill give it a go.

|

11/27/2013 12:18 PM

When i started to manual i always had a problem balancing my weight to the back of the bike but just lean back and bend your knees to go down .. balance is key, practice makes perfect! good luck!

|

Life is a beach~``The bad man touched me~Kittens that like oatmeal``

11/27/2013 12:31 PM

Thanks well do!

|

11/27/2013 12:33 PM

no problem.! if you are beginning the easiest way to do manual is to use a brake lever so you dont have the fear of flying off the back lol the worse that can happen is you will land on your bum.

|

Life is a beach~``The bad man touched me~Kittens that like oatmeal``

11/27/2013 7:06 PM

ASS TO YOUR BACK TIRE. Best tip i have ever learned

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/27/2013 8:08 PM

Alright I'm starting to hold Manuals for 20 feet now and I'm working on longer ones thanks guys !

|

11/27/2013 8:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/27/2013 8:54 PM

just go out and try them. They're a balance trick ; advice helps but you have to find it yourself

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/27/2013 9:27 PM

No one ever mentions this for some reason when teaching manuals: you have to be completely relaxed. Pretend you are just hanging from some monkey bars, arms completely relaxed/extended and do that with your bike. try leaning back all the way with your arms straight (I dont like to think of them as locked, just loose cuz sometimes you have to flex to pull up) then just give the tiniest pull upwards and you'll see what I'm saying. when I tried learning manuals and nobody told me to keep my arms relaxed, my arms were super tense and you just cant adjust balance well with tense arms

|