Manual help

Related:
Create New Tag

2/19/2020 2:54 PM

Ive been trying them forever and I’ve been getting better but no matter what for some reason every time I pull up my bike starts turning to the left. I try to move my knees to the right but it dosent seem to help

|

2/19/2020 3:10 PM

try it by intentionally turning right before you pull up?

wiggle your butt more?

seriously though, try them in a curving arch. once you get the balance you will be able to turn left / right / whatever. but for now, just try different stuff.

if riding in a strait line and trying manuals isn't working, try something else...

|

2/19/2020 3:24 PM

_bmxican_ wrote:

Ive been trying them forever and I’ve been getting better but no matter what for some reason every time I pull up my bike starts turning to the left. I try to move my knees to the right but it dosent seem to help

if your bike is turning to the left its cuz there is more weight on the left. which foot forward do you ride? you may need to adjust which leg you are putting pressure on or where your body is going so that you can find the center of balance between the 2. or maybe you're leaning to that side unconsciously.

|

2/20/2020 8:31 AM

_bmxican_ wrote:

Ive been trying them forever and I’ve been getting better but no matter what for some reason every time I pull up my bike starts turning to the left. I try to move my knees to the right but it dosent seem to help

Sean_Goff wrote:

if your bike is turning to the left its cuz there is more weight on the left. which foot forward do you ride? you may need to adjust which leg you are putting pressure on or where your body is going so that you can find the center of balance between the 2. or maybe you're leaning to that side unconsciously.

I’m right foot forward and have a LHD bike. Now thinking about it I think I support myself more with my back foot which would be my left foot

|

2/20/2020 8:53 AM

Rear wheel straight between the dropouts? If it's off center it might pull to one side a little more than normal

|

Licensed Desk Jockey

2/20/2020 8:55 AM

d-Herz wrote:

Rear wheel straight between the dropouts? If it's off center it might pull to one side a little more than normal

It should be it looks straight in between the chainstays and dropouts

|

2/20/2020 9:43 AM

I'm willing to bet that your left hand is slightly farther out on the grip than your right hand. assuming you've consciously tried fixing your stance.

|

2/20/2020 10:55 AM

I have a tenancy to turn sometimes too. Still learning. 9' is all I can go so far. LOL. Just did it on my new bike last night for the first time. Hopefully I'll get past 9' eventually. LOL.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

2/20/2020 12:44 PM

Fortyseven wrote:

I have a tenancy to turn sometimes too. Still learning. 9' is all I can go so far. LOL. Just did it on my new bike last night for the first time. Hopefully I'll get past 9' eventually. LOL.

Visit a chiropractor? You’d be surprised on how tweaked out our bodies are. Are you going a lil too slow?

|

Come, as you are. As you were. As “they” want you to be....





2/21/2020 10:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2020 10:58 AM

My insurance allows me to see my chiro every 7 weeks. LOL. And it feels sooooo goood. I've been to a chiro my whole life. But I know for sure my body is not perfectly symmetrical.

I don't turn all the time. Just sometimes. I can't remember if there is a side that it favors though. I looked at my rear wheel last night to see and I definitely don't have it perfectly straight in there...… Got fix that.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

2/21/2020 1:48 PM

not being able to manual has far less to do with your bike set up, your body alignment, etc

it has EVERYTHING to do with practice.

once you find that balance point, you'll get it.

Just like a child learning how to walk.

|

2/21/2020 2:28 PM

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

2/21/2020 2:29 PM

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

2/21/2020 3:36 PM

Heck Yes!

that's how it starts.

It looks like you need to get your weight back further a bit and that's where it starts to get scary.

You pretty much NEED to loop out to find out how far back is too far back. Which is why I always recommend brakes for learning. Pulling the brakes will stop your rear wheel and pull your front end back down. Even if you fully loop out, if your fully pulling the brake, it's usually less abrasive then strait looping out like stepping on a banana peel. lol

Keep it up man.

|

2/21/2020 7:27 PM

Bend your knees and straighten out your arms, once you're comfortable try em with more pace.

|

2/21/2020 8:28 PM

pnj wrote:

Heck Yes!

that's how it starts.

It looks like you need to get your weight back further a bit and that's where it starts to get scary.

You pretty much NEED to loop out to find out how far back is too far back. Which is why I always recommend brakes for learning. Pulling the brakes will stop your rear wheel and pull your front end back down. Even if you fully loop out, if your fully pulling the brake, it's usually less abrasive then strait looping out like stepping on a banana peel. lol

Keep it up man.

I’m fearless to looping out I’d say bailing is like my second nature but idk if it my bike or me but sometimes I feel like I have to pull really hard and other times I pull very light and I end up almost doing a backflip

|

2/21/2020 9:47 PM

^ it's you.... smile

Keep at it. One day you'll wonder why it was so hard to manual.

|

2/23/2020 6:34 AM

_bmxican_ wrote:

I’m fearless to looping out I’d say bailing is like my second nature but idk if it my bike or me but sometimes I feel like I have to pull really hard and other times I pull very light and I end up almost doing a backflip

You shouldn’t really need to be pulling up at all. The manual is all in the legs and the lean. Instead of trying to pull your bike up to you, keep your arms straight. Find that balance point where you don’t need to pull to get your front end up. With your arms straight, just lean back and push your legs out in front of you lightly and your front tire will gently lift up. Being locked into your balance point, you will learn to use your legs to push and pull the bike to and from you to keep your front end up as high or as low as you want it.

|

2/23/2020 6:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2020 6:43 AM

pnj wrote:

Heck Yes!

that's how it starts.

It looks like you need to get your weight back further a bit and that's where it starts to get scary.

You pretty much NEED to loop out to find out how far back is too far back. Which is why I always recommend brakes for learning. Pulling the brakes will stop your rear wheel and pull your front end back down. Even if you fully loop out, if your fully pulling the brake, it's usually less abrasive then strait looping out like stepping on a banana peel. lol

Keep it up man.

Thanks!!! It's getting there. I just changed bikes a week ago, and I changed the bars twice on it. LOL. I went back to the 10"ers that were on it and I like them better. There are times I feel like I'm finding that balance point but it's pretty short lived. I've looped out plenty on both bikes.

I'm not putting brakes on. I just don't want brakes right now. Maybe some day I'll change my mind but I like everything as simple and light as possible.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun