Manuals

Related:
Create New Tag

4/30/2008 1:31 AM

i need some help with manuals i can sometimes hold them for a while but other times i can only hold them for like 2-3 metres. does anyone have any tips?

|

4/30/2008 1:34 AM

lock elbows, balance with knees

|

My refs ?... Nigga just ask about me

4/30/2008 1:52 AM

be patient and don't think just learn with muscle memory. Locking your elbows is good for getting into the manual. And hopefully you find that sweet spot. The hardest thing is to stay relaxed. The more relaxed you are the sooner you will feel any changes, and the sooner you can counter with your body position. It sounds gay but if your getting to far back pelvis thrust forward. If your dropping the front end bend your knees and push with your feet keeping your knees out wide. As far as loosing it left or right... well try swinging your ass to one side or the other pulling with opposing hand and remember while doing all this you have to relax. Practice can kill your back and neck so take breaks but its a safe trick to practice and I think the smoothest trick out there. Sometimes I can bunny hop into a manual but cant just lean into one, and some days I'm on fire but most the time I struggle. Good luck...L8

|

4/30/2008 2:28 AM

How slow are you going??

|

4/30/2008 2:35 AM

just roll up to a car park after dark when it is empty and start going 4 it. U will get them if u keep trying, me and juddee spen hrs just doing manuals and tricks into and out of them. when u get 1 good it is the best feeling

|

live fast, ride faster

4/30/2008 2:39 AM

yeah how fast are you going? I suggest slow enough to bail onto feet, but fast enough to go at least 15-20 YARDS. And you should be doing this on a gradual down slope so you don't run out of speed but don't get going to fast.

|

4/30/2008 4:05 AM

Not that i'm awesome at them, but I've found that its easier to start a manuel if you "jump" into it. Like jump up onto a curb and go for it. Find the balance point and you can ride it for a while.

|

4/30/2008 5:09 AM

the trick to manuals is to not try too hard. its all about nice smooth and subtle movements. just pull up into the manual just enough to get to your balance point. i keep my elbows and my knees bent so its easier for me to turn if needed. if the front starts to go down throw you ass out like you about to dance like a black girl and put pressure on the pedals. if you feel like you may loop out, hump your bars a bit. these movements dont have to be big, just big enough to keep you in the manual.

|

5/1/2008 12:44 AM

thanks everyone, i have tried to do them relaxed and using small balancing techniques and i feel i have got better and i can see now i can do them longer than before. thanks again to everyone who contributed to the explanation of manuals. ill keep practising smile

|