Market for brake calipers

Related:
Create New Tag

4/15/2014 4:30 PM

Hey guys im in the market for new brakes and was wondering which would you recommend for reliability and best all around setup. Anything can help

|

4/15/2014 4:40 PM

Kink Desist.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

4/15/2014 4:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2014 4:46 PM

Most any brake arms should be good, it's more about how well you tension them & the pads you use that give you a great working brake setup.

|

4/15/2014 7:13 PM

I love my shadow sano. I've ran evos and fly manuals. The shadows are fully cnc'd with 0 cast so there is no flex and I can tell the difference. Just make sure to get a tree cable to go along with it

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

4/15/2014 7:15 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Kink Desist.

I second this.
Best design ever. Unless you want to run a gyro with dual cables. Might have issues with that.
Otherwise a phenomenal design.

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

4/15/2014 7:22 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Most any brake arms should be good, it's more about how well you tension them & the pads you use that give you a great working brake setup.

This.
Basically, aslong as they have the specs that you like you should be good. I personally dont like ones with the built in knarp. Some are a bit better such as the CNC'd Shadow Sanos or the sealed bearing Promaxes. Pretty sure older Fly brakes were really fancy aswell but I dont remember for what reason.

I've been running Odyssey Evo 2s for a number of years now with no complaints and I will very soon have another set of them up front aswell. The pads they come with are pretty shitty though.

Pick ones that look cool from a company you like and you should be good.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/15/2014 7:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2014 7:59 PM

i had the original fly brakes and they were stella. fancy CNC machining and all that stuff. but now i have the current fly manual brakes and they're very good but i still like the old ones more. i kinda regret not getting odyssey evo 2's over the new fly's tho cuz im converting to a dual cable gyro and its a pain with the new fly's not having truly open ended arms. if you really cant choose then just go with the odysseys i guess, can never go wrong with odyssey parts.

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

4/15/2014 8:30 PM

Anything is best if you set it up right. I have $20 tektros, kink whip cable and a monolever. Works awesome. Has black pads though and my rims are eating it..... but I'm getting new chrome ones soon.

|