Maxxis Grifter or Demolition Momentum tyres

Related:
Create New Tag

4/21/2013 5:07 AM

What do you think I should get? Btw i run pegs.

|

4/21/2013 5:11 AM

I'd either go grifter front and momentum in the back or grifters front and back. I hated my momentum as a front tire, i slipped out all the time, for the back though i like it.

|

4/21/2013 5:40 AM

Is size not an issue here? Grifters are only available in 1.85 & 2.10.

|

4/21/2013 10:04 AM

Never heard of anyone riding Maxis tires in my area, at least for BMX bikes.
Momentums are fine but I heard a lot about the sidewalls being weak so I'm not sure how good that's going to hold up on grinds.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/21/2013 10:19 AM

andyferly wrote:

Momentums are fine but I heard a lot about the sidewalls being weak so I'm not sure how good that's going to hold up on grinds.

i run momentums with pegs and no guards and havent had a problem. but the side walls are pretty thin.

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

4/21/2013 10:44 AM

andyferly wrote:

WallmartBMX wrote:

i run momentums with pegs and no guards and havent had a problem. but the side walls are pretty thin.

Yeah I figured that from my friends tires.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/21/2013 10:58 AM

i run a grifter on the back, and have done for about a year now and it's not worn out at all, i do a lot of pegless grinds and shit like that and it's going good
i ran a momentum for like a month, wore it out, and then it blew off the bead
in my opinion the grifter is perfect, it's fast, durable, light, and cheap
and for a front tire get the demolition machete, it's just a boss

|

if in doubt, keep pedalling

4/21/2013 11:20 AM

Neither.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/22/2013 9:04 AM

momentums 2.35

|

4/22/2013 1:54 PM

Animal GLH. i had a grifter front tho, and it did the job ok i guess...not a huge fan tho. much prefer the animals

|

Insta: @devicacy

4/22/2013 4:15 PM

realityisajoke wrote:

Animal GLH. i had a grifter front tho, and it did the job ok i guess...not a huge fan tho. much prefer the animals

This

|

4/22/2013 8:55 PM

Maxxis Hookworms ! I have one on my DJ and though they are heavy, they last forever and grip like crazy.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/22/2013 11:29 PM

I would go with the maxxis tires front and back i just switched to them from my momentums and they are so much better lighter more grip and just feel good all around.

|

4/23/2013 11:24 AM

The Grifter is very puncture prone as they made the casing thinner than normal to save weight

|

4/23/2013 2:13 PM

just a quick idea here
i'd only take advice from people who have ridden the tires you want to know about, and ridden them hard
but maybe that's just me, the advice of some 11 year old who thinks "maxxis? they aren't cool" must be worth listening to -_-

|

if in doubt, keep pedalling