Maxxis Hookworm/Ringworm

Related:
Create New Tag

9/29/2016 8:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/29/2016 8:32 AM

I tried google and searching vital, but couldn't find anything recent. Has anyone had these tires? I'm really interested in the hookworm, but I'm kind of iffy on there being only 1.95 sizes. Does anyone know if they are a little thicker than 1.95 like some tires are a bit bigger or smaller than their advertised size? I don't care about something small in the rear, I just like a little bigger in the front. Any suggestions on a good front tire for a dusty park and some street? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

|

"haha, did you steal that bike? hurhrhrurhurr" "no, fuck you thats just the brand."

9/29/2016 9:34 AM

i dont think they've made that tire in a long time. just get the grifters.

|

It’s all bmx

9/29/2016 9:37 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

You can still buy them

|

"haha, did you steal that bike? hurhrhrurhurr" "no, fuck you thats just the brand."

9/29/2016 10:28 AM

get a rizer in 2.3

|

9/29/2016 10:59 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

owen.lox wrote:

You can still buy them

I'd still get the grifters

|

It’s all bmx

9/29/2016 1:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/29/2016 1:14 PM

Dude those tires are shit in the toilet dog no one in the US should buy them. Grifters are insane. Super light and grippiest tire I've ever owned, especially on wood ramps. I used to ride a dusty wood part quite often and I could barely slide it out for my signature bike drifts. Downfall - they get absolutely fucked riding heavy street, I got like 3 holes in mine. But you said light street, so... grifters booyy! They're fast too and 2.10 in the back is like the sweet spot really. Odyssey tires are also super quality and the legendary Fit FAF's I've had like 4 of those

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

9/30/2016 2:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/30/2016 2:21 AM

I've been riding Hookworms for 2 years now. No complaints. I am, however, pegless and ride park. Super grippy and thick walls. Love them! They stay around their 1.95" size inflated. I ride concrete parks with dirt from a nearby baseball field always on the quarters. They've served me well. I may, however, try the Grifters soon.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/30/2016 4:16 AM

readybmxer wrote:

I've been riding Hookworms for 2 years now. No complaints. I am, however, pegless and ride park. Super grippy and thick walls. ...more

Sweet! I really don't do much grinds and all the street I do is pretty much just hopping up and down things. I think im just going to get another set of chase hawks in gum though

|

10/2/2016 8:56 AM

They're awsome tires for street , 1.95 is the best tire size , fill them up to 100 psi and you'll be flying Mach speed

|