May as well try a hop bar.

Related:
Create New Tag

4/3/2020 6:52 PM

Got plenty of time for it. I’ll try and throw one by Sunday week.

I’ve never attempted anything other than a pull-up bar before.

Taking votes:

View Results

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

4/3/2020 6:54 PM

I voted will throw, won’t land.

|

4/3/2020 6:56 PM

They're not all that hard; they just play with your head is all. Good luck! smile

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/3/2020 7:04 PM

i would suggest raising your seat as high as you can.

why make it harder than it has to be?

Once you figure out how to hop , pinch , throw , catch.. lower your seat ..

You got this!

|

4/3/2020 7:26 PM

Document it! That is my plan for my lock down time. Gonna pick stuff I haven't tried and want to learn and try to video it! Hop bars and some new rail grinds are in my future when the weather here clears up. Been raining for a couple days now.

|

4/3/2020 7:35 PM

BigMeanPunk wrote:

Document it! That is my plan for my lock down time. Gonna pick stuff I haven't tried and want to learn and try to video it! Hop bars and some new rail grinds are in my future when the weather here clears up. Been raining for a couple days now.

I sure will. I’ll film it every time I go out to the driveway.

|

4/3/2020 7:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2020 7:54 PM

I voted you'll try but fail. No offense. More than I'm comfortable trying. Lol. But go for it! Love to see your progress if you are willing to share. I do like the idea of picking a trick(s) and documenting your process since many of us are in lockdown. I'm game. I'll figure it some shit and try to play along!

|

4/3/2020 8:13 PM

you can do it man.

|

4/3/2020 8:57 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I voted you'll try but fail. No offense. More than I'm comfortable trying. Lol. But go for it! Love to see your progress if you are willing to share. I do like the idea of picking a trick(s) and documenting your process since many of us are in lockdown. I'm game. I'll figure it some shit and try to play along!

Yeah that’s how I voted too, so no offence taken!

|

4/3/2020 9:01 PM

Good luck, go get it!

|

4/3/2020 11:40 PM

They are so fucking easy, literally the trick is ok the FUCKING TRICK you fucking idiot is to practice doing no peg pull up bars. Like do 3 of them, then just hop and immediately throw. Learn them double wheel hop first i promise its way easier you can learn them in 1 hour if you aren’t a bitch

|

13 years old

4/3/2020 11:42 PM

Flyout is for trustfund woodward babies the only people who learn bars flyout are precum babies who keep up to date with bmx vloggers just hoping that ONE DAY they can have the cojones to throw a bar flat.

|

13 years old

4/4/2020 12:10 AM

Thanks Krooked. You are an inspiration to us all!

|

4/4/2020 11:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2020 11:13 AM

I just threw bars 360 last night for the first time!!! By just pulling up though. No hop. I was gonna try that in the grass, maybe today. Hopping I mean. I plan to throw the bars on the concrete today just pulling up. Last night I was on a gravel path cuz it was the first time. I landed it 8 times. Fell twice and missed a few. But I did like 5 in a row after the first one. When I got it I yelled out like a little kid. LOL.

You can do it. I think this is one of them that is more mental than anything. But it might help to try it out first on a softer surface. That helped me a lot last night. I was not afraid to fall on a gravel path next to grass. Concrete is next level. It's not like I haven't fallen doing other stuff. When I do the 360 barspin with the tire on the ground I've fell on the concrete doing those sometimes. LOL.

But seriously, you can do it.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

4/4/2020 12:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2020 12:24 PM

You got it, I think you can land one. I’ve been doing random pull up bars more now, I’d also like to finally man up and at least double tire hop throw one lol. I hit knees a lot of the time with my 19.69” TT and 30” wides tho, haha.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

4/4/2020 1:52 PM

I hate hop barspins. I can do them if I do pull both tires up at once.

|

4/4/2020 7:20 PM

Ok, nevermind. Spent a good time trying, with my bike specs, I just can’t, and my knee has taken a beating. XD

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

4/4/2020 11:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2020 11:13 PM

I quickly went into the garage and tried a couple of hops with barspins in mind, seems impossible (also scared of hitting my head on the low ceiling). Lol. I know it’s almost entirely a mental battle with this trick, and once thrown probably not that hard. Will get out and actually try when it stops raining.

|

4/4/2020 11:56 PM

raise your seat.
put on knee pads (pull 'em a tad low and they can sometimes help with pinching)
wearing gloves can help to.

|

4/5/2020 1:10 AM

pnj wrote:

raise your seat.
put on knee pads (pull 'em a tad low and they can sometimes help with pinching)
wearing gloves can help to.

Yeah, I’ve ordered a 300mm seat post. The one I’ve currently got is one of those mega short ones.

|

4/5/2020 3:41 AM

"Will throw one, won’t land one." is not a valid option. If you commit to throwing them you will land them easily, they're really not that difficult if you commit.

You also don't need to raise your seat at all, if you throw properly in a circular motion it's useless to pinch your seat. I run my seat slammed and I have a super low standover, still can hop bar no problem.

|

4/5/2020 4:05 AM

Fatalize wrote:

"Will throw one, won’t land one." is not a valid option. If you commit to throwing them you will land them easily, they're really not that difficult if you commit.

You also don't need to raise your seat at all, if you throw properly in a circular motion it's useless to pinch your seat. I run my seat slammed and I have a super low standover, still can hop bar no problem.

We’ll soon find out.

|

4/5/2020 7:37 AM

it's clearly NOT needed to raise your seat. just look at how many people that do this trick without it raise. and some don't even pinch so clearly not needed to pinch either.

BUT....if you're learning and are hesitant.. do whatever it takes to build the confidence needed.

This advice goes for anything in life.

Please video your attempts.

|

4/5/2020 3:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/5/2020 3:27 PM

I noticed that now that I wear knee pads my small seat is fine. LOL. I did actually buy another seat but it was not a wide one. Just a normal sized one. But I don't know if it's ever coming. The shipper created a label over a week ago and it's not moved. And I've attempted to contact Amazon, the shipper itself (BikeSomeWhere) and nothing so far. I hope I get it, I like the color. The company is in a place called Coconut Grove, Florida. Which appears to be a south suburb of Miami. So I don't know if they're like completely locked down or what...…

Photo

Anyways....

So how did it go Spongey?

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

4/5/2020 5:56 PM

Haven’t really been out and tried yet.

|

4/5/2020 6:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/5/2020 6:32 PM

I'd recommend knee and shin pads, not all of us are as man as Krooked. You don't have to do the highest hop in the world, but it is a delayed feeling. It is like hop, level out, throw, and you will be coming down before your hands get back on. That is the hard part, because you instinctively will want to take your feel off when your coming back towards the ground with no hands on, but if you can just relax and keep those feet on the bars will find your hands.

The hardest part is mentally keeping your feet on when all logic says, "take off your feet and abandon ship!"

|

4/5/2020 6:35 PM

Pads will be on for sure. Thanks for the advice, SoCal

|

4/5/2020 10:35 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

I'd recommend knee and shin pads, not all of us are as man as Krooked. You don't have to do the highest hop in the world, but it is a delayed feeling. It is like hop, level out, throw, and you will be coming down before your hands get back on. That is the hard part, because you instinctively will want to take your feel off when your coming back towards the ground with no hands on, but if you can just relax and keep those feet on the bars will find your hands.

The hardest part is mentally keeping your feet on when all logic says, "take off your feet and abandon ship!"

Now you've all got me wanting to start trying them! Ugh...

|

4/6/2020 12:04 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

I noticed that now that I wear knee pads my small seat is fine. LOL. I did actually buy another seat but it was not a wide one. Just a normal sized one. But I don't know if it's ever coming. The shipper created a label over a week ago and it's not moved. And I've attempted to contact Amazon, the shipper itself (BikeSomeWhere) and nothing so far. I hope I get it, I like the color. The company is in a place called Coconut Grove, Florida. Which appears to be a south suburb of Miami. So I don't know if they're like completely locked down or what...…

Photo

Anyways....

So how did it go Spongey?

Did you see that amazon is prioritizing "essential items?" That seat won't ship until every household in America has 4 pallets of toilet paper

|

4/6/2020 12:29 AM

pnj wrote:

i would suggest raising your seat as high as you can.

why make it harder than it has to be?

Once you figure out how to hop , pinch , throw , catch.. lower your seat ..

You got this!

Pinching is good but it depends on how much you are pinching. For example when I learned hop bars I was so scared of taking my hands off that I pinched the seat really hard, this made getting a good hop and throwing the bars so much harder because I was focusing on pinching my seat so much. And it seriously messed up my bars and it took a long time before I could do them without pinching, pinching can be a bad habit,

I think the key is to just not pinch so much that you have to actually THINK about pinching, just straightening your legs will keep the bike stable. My barspins are still fucked though, I think I could have benefited from learning them on flyouts first instead of flat/off curbs, so that could be another thing for learning barspins.

|