May as well try a hop bar.

Related:
Create New Tag

4/6/2020 12:43 AM

Noted

|

4/6/2020 7:38 AM

LMX000 wrote:

Pinching is good but it depends on how much you are pinching. For example when I learned hop bars I was so scared of taking my hands off that I pinched the seat really hard, this made getting a good hop and throwing the bars so much harder because I was focusing on pinching my seat so much. And it seriously messed up my bars and it took a long time before I could do them without pinching, pinching can be a bad habit,

I think the key is to just not pinch so much that you have to actually THINK about pinching, just straightening your legs will keep the bike stable. My barspins are still fucked though, I think I could have benefited from learning them on flyouts first instead of flat/off curbs, so that could be another thing for learning barspins.

Learning barspins flyout is definitely way easier. You can focus on spinning your bars and catching properly, instead of focusing on bunny hopping super hard while straightening your legs, which is the hard part.

|

4/6/2020 7:41 AM

Fly out is not an option these days! Gotta learn the hard way I guess.

|

4/6/2020 8:47 AM

I had manny bars (pull up bars for you youngins) DIALED back in the day-like full blast down the road fire out a manny double bar like nothing.

I toyed with hopping them off a curb a bit but nothing came from it at that time, then fired out on a flyout/dirt table with a super long landing for my first ever in air barspin. Pulled first try-promptly did about 50 that day.

Hop bars came later-but the motion is hop, move legs back/push bars forward, throw, catch land.

Your first ones will be hop throw feet shoot to the side, land on feet. Then you may commit harder and hop throw hut ground no handed. If you can pinch the seat it makes the first handful of no hand landers possible without getting rocketed off the back of the bike, hence why so many suggest when learning. Or if you can, do it into grass.

OR you may just hop throw catch as you land.

Either way, Give it a go, you got this!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/6/2020 9:17 AM

Yeah I was thinking I'd try one but my hops are high enough I don't think. Plus then I was practicing pull up bars and I only landed ONE last night after trying a bunch. And I'm still only getting about 270 rotation and the momentum carries them once hitting the ground. LOL. My right shoulder is sore from the motion of it. And I think the soreness slowed me down a bit.

Oh well, At least I did that much. But I've now got a bigger appreciation for people that can do hop bars. That's the thing about tricks. When a person does them well, it looks easy. When pretty much most tricks aren't at all. LOL.

But your hops are freaking high Spongey. I would imagine you can NAIL these!!!!!

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

4/11/2020 3:26 AM

I’d rather no one looks at this, but I did say I post my attempts. Couple of pull up bars and then a total embarrassment.

|

4/11/2020 3:33 AM

Way to go man, you're on your way!!

|

4/11/2020 4:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2020 4:42 AM

So lame. And on grass. I can normally hop quite high, but with the barspin going through my mind I totally forget the motion. And the grass def doesn’t help. Got one more day to try again, a proper try. I’m not counting that one as even an attempt. And the hover hands were dumb too. Gotta reach under to grab them.

|

4/11/2020 4:54 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

Fly out is not an option these days! Gotta learn the hard way I guess.

In your video you have a flyout into the grass. Bump jump the curb into the grass.

|

4/11/2020 4:59 AM

Wayne S wrote:

In your video you have a flyout into the grass. Bump jump the curb into the grass.

Yep. I considered it, but I said I was going to try it from a hop. I said it, so I have to do it. Don’t even know why I’m trying to learn this. I’m never going to do them even if I do land one. Lol.

|

4/11/2020 6:02 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

So lame. And on grass. I can normally hop quite high, but with the barspin going through my mind I totally forget the motion. And the grass def doesn’t help. Got one more day to try again, a proper try. I’m not counting that one as even an attempt. And the hover hands were dumb too. Gotta reach under to grab them.

Hey man, picture it like this...you already met your goal of "will throw but wont land". If you continue, which it sounds you are already planning, you will surpass your goal and probably reach the next. Keep it up!

|

4/11/2020 7:04 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

I’d rather no one looks at this, but I did say I post my attempts. Couple of pull up bars and then a total embarrassment.

I dig it! Nice job! Seriously, you'll land it. You've overcome the hardest part (IMHO) of just getting up the nerve to hop and throw it! Congrats!

|

4/11/2020 9:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2020 9:07 AM

wooooo ooooh you're half way there woooo ooooo livin on a prayer take my hand we'll make it I swear.

LOL.

Seriously. Brave on all accounts. Don't be embarrassed. Nobody gets good at anything without doing it not all the way to begin with. But I know how you feel. It's easy to feel silly. But dude, if someone makes you feel like that, they probably can't do anything anyways. It's the same with music. I found that typically the people that are the most critical, are people that can't even play an instrument. Cuz typically people that play know you gotta start somewhere and be bad for a bit. But critics... pfffffffft, they're all talk and no action. Most of the time. I suppose you might get a dude that has some skillz put other people down but then he must have a really low self image. But seriously most critics are people that think they're better than they are in reality and have to put other people to down to convince themselves of the fantasy they live in.

Anyways..... was that like 900 for a few of those pull up bars? Looked like maybe 2-1/2 times around. That's freaking impressive. Even if it was 540 that's freaking impressive. I landed some pull up bars (360) yesterday thank God. I did them and lost them for a few days but landed some more yesterday. On the gravel again though. LOL.

Also, sharing stuff when you don't do it super duper well gives us people that are learning and generally trying, hope. Cuz then we know even dudes that know what they're doing at some point had to learn too. I mean sometimes I'm blown away at how good the pros are. And then you watch them fall and you're like, oh, they're human! LOL.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

4/11/2020 9:57 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

Nonsense! You said you would throw it and you did, damn near pulled it too. I'm changing my vote, you got this.

|

Remember when you could ride all day and not be sore for a week?

4/11/2020 10:15 AM

Umm, you hopped, spun your bars (who cares if it was 180), and rode away without falling...seems pretty legit to me!

|

4/11/2020 11:25 AM

I tried one the other day on the new set up i can tell its going to work a lot better but definitely gotta get use to the bike a little more first

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

4/11/2020 6:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2020 6:12 PM

Cheers for the encouragement, guys. Went out and tried again last night. Landed a few more half bars, but nowhere near the full one yet. I gotta say, I love learning new tricks, but this one just isn’t enjoyable at all. I don’t think they’re for me! Might give it a break and try again out of a quarter when the parks are back open. While we’re locked down I just wanna have fun on my bike when I get the chance.

|

4/11/2020 10:44 PM

Oh im an idiot the secret is pinching ur cranks with ur toe

|

13 years old

4/11/2020 11:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2020 11:13 PM

Krooked wrote:

They are so fucking easy, literally the trick is ok the FUCKING TRICK you fucking idiot is to practice doing no peg pull up bars. Like do 3 of them, then just hop and immediately throw. Learn them double wheel hop first i promise its way easier you can learn them in 1 hour if you aren’t a bitch

After actually trying them, I reckon this comment is 100% accurate.

|

4/12/2020 4:03 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

You've done the hardest part, which is to throw the bar!

Some tips: you need to let go of your non-throwing hand way before you actually throw. If you look at your clip, you see that you still have your right hand on the bar while you start throwing. This is why you don't fel like you can't spin the bars 360° quickly enough. Think about it: if you tried your chicken barspins with this throwing motion, it would be so much harder to spin them quickly!

Since people seem to be interested in learning barspins while being stuck at home, I've created a little mosaic from one of my recent instagram posts where I do a bunny hop barspin:

Photo

I hope this helps you visualize the different steps, and to see that you need to let go of your throwing hand way before you actually start throwing.
If you want to see it in motion:

|

4/12/2020 4:20 AM

Fatalize wrote:

You've done the hardest part, which is to throw the bar!

Some tips: you need to let go of your non-throwing hand way before you actually throw. If you look at your clip, you see that you still have your right hand on the bar while you start throwing. This is why you don't fel like you can't spin the bars 360° quickly enough. Think about it: if you tried your chicken barspins with this throwing motion, it would be so much harder to spin them quickly!

Since people seem to be interested in learning barspins while being stuck at home, I've created a little mosaic from one of my recent instagram posts where I do a bunny hop barspin:

Photo

I hope this helps you visualize the different steps, and to see that you need to let go of your throwing hand way before you actually start throwing.
If you want to see it in motion:

Appreciate the tips. I’ll get back to it someday. I gave you a follow.

|

4/13/2020 1:08 AM

Im only nice to you and give you good tips because i think seinfeld is funny. stop throwing bars on grass thats so stupid whats the fucking point? if anything on a barspin you fall sideways or on your ass and never forward. bus driver them too that shits fucking cake just double wheel hop and have your hand right at your putrid small cock and throw and catch you can even catch late with your front tire alrewdy on the ground if you want its not terribly hard. Fuck it i might go outside tomorrow and film one just to prove its not hard. Granted i havent touched my bike since last summer its really not hard just do what i say and if you do anything i dont say you will fail and never learn them.

|

13 years old

4/13/2020 2:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2020 2:10 AM

Krooked wrote:

Im only nice to you and give you good tips because i think seinfeld is funny. stop throwing bars on grass thats so stupid whats the fucking point? if anything on a barspin you fall sideways or on your ass and never forward. bus driver them too that shits fucking cake just double wheel hop and have your hand right at your putrid small cock and throw and catch you can even catch late with your front tire alrewdy on the ground if you want its not terribly hard. Fuck it i might go outside tomorrow and film one just to prove its not hard. Granted i havent touched my bike since last summer its really not hard just do what i say and if you do anything i dont say you will fail and never learn them.

Seinfeld and Curb are the only two shows worth a pinch of crap. You give me the stern direction I always craved as a child. If my parents spoke to me the way you do I could have achieved greatness like Albert Einstein and Donald Trump.

|

4/16/2020 7:37 AM

bruh if you can hop halfie and wheelie double bar you can 1000% do a regular hop barspin. I watched your video and it looks like you are just scared. Like Krooked said just psych yourself up and throw them. you've got pads on and your seat post is 4 feet tall, just go for it man. that seat is so high that even if you land with no hands your bike will probably stay upright. lol

|

4/16/2020 7:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2020 7:41 AM

falloftroy20 wrote:

bruh if you can hop halfie and wheelie double bar you can 1000% do a regular hop barspin. I watched your video and it looks like you are just scared. Like Krooked said just psych yourself up and throw them. you've got pads on and your seat post is 4 feet tall, just go for it man. that seat is so high that even if you land with no hands your bike will probably stay upright. lol

I agree with your assessment.

|

4/16/2020 5:12 PM

falloftroy20 wrote:

Lol the 4ft tall and bike will stay upright killed me.

You got is Sponge!

|

4/21/2020 4:45 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Lol the 4ft tall and bike will stay upright killed me.

You got is Sponge!

I don’t got this.

Photo

|

4/21/2020 5:01 AM

Damn bro, that's not good..

That happened trying hop bars?

Hospitals are especially scary right now too..

|

4/21/2020 5:11 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Damn bro, that's not good..

That happened trying hop bars?

Hospitals are especially scary right now too..

Yeah, hop bars on concrete because Krooked called me a little bitch for doing them on grass and I felt like a disappointment to him.
Yeah, having to go to the hospital was the worst part for me. Did not want to be there at all. Wasn’t going to go. Left it five days before I went.

|

4/21/2020 8:20 AM

That sucks man. Hoping for a quick recovery.

|

Remember when you could ride all day and not be sore for a week?