Mental blocks

Related:
Create New Tag

12/30/2019 1:39 PM

So I've been like way too scared to do any sort of trick like even commiting for a flat 360 scares me. Barspins I just can't. I don't get why this even happens. Anyone have any advice or anything?

|

12/30/2019 2:10 PM

That's called learning, literally everyone who's ever ridden BMX knows it. You have to ease into things. It's like dropping in, once you get it the first time, it'll be easy every other time. You just have to commit to something, but don't take too big of steps.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

12/30/2019 3:36 PM

Sometimes I like to spend an entire session focusing only on things that I'm uncomfortable doing. You'd be surprised how quickly you can get over mental blocks if you just try it a couple times. You should take it slow though and use your judgement, you don't want to injure yourself.

|

12/30/2019 4:12 PM

Just ride. Confidence and control will come with knowing your bike better. You'll get there and you'll know it when you do. Just ride.

|

12/30/2019 8:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2019 8:12 PM

You need to eat shit , ragdoll across some dirt

|

12/30/2019 8:34 PM

I'm not going to die, for the most part, non of this shit really ever hurt past a few months anyway, chicks dig scars, ride it like you stole it, brakes are for pussies...go!

|

12/30/2019 11:31 PM

I have hit the ground soo many times trying to do 360s from flat. I learned them years ago but since I have started riding again I can't do them. I get that mental block a lot for things though too. Everyone does.

|

12/31/2019 12:25 AM

Mental blocks suck. I had a bad day a while ago trying to relearn abubacas on coping. Can do them again now, but that first day I just didn’t want to hop back in fakie. Caught on film. Enjoy my frustration below:

">

|

1/2/2020 1:43 AM

chris_BMX wrote:

So I've been like way too scared to do any sort of trick like even commiting for a flat 360 scares me. Barspins I just can't. I don't get why this even happens. Anyone have any advice or anything?

Can you do a 3 out of a bank or quarter? If you can't, get comfortable doing those first, get used to spinning hard and tucking up your legs. Once you're comfortable doing them try them off something. It sounds crazy but it was how I learnt both hop 180's and 360's. I get mental blocks all the time but by trying them off something small it gives you more time to spin and therefore more confidence even though you're higher up. It will feel scarier but I spent months unable to hop 180, a friend convinced me to try one off a drop no more than a foot high and I landed one within a few goes. My hop 3's are still pretty sketchy but I can do them off a ledge that's about 2 feet high

|