Messed up driver?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/5/2017 4:03 PM

So I had this problem before and it eventually seemed to go away and came back (without replacing parts), and so basically sometimes my fc has the normal amount of slack it should and others times it has a ridiculous amount as if the chain were slipping or something and I do not know what is wrong(happens about 1/3 or 1/4 of the time I pedal). I don't know if it's my driver, Im almost positive it's not my sprocket, and I don't know if it's something else with my hub or chain. The chain is nice and tight with about half an inch or a little more of wiggle room. What could be wrong? If it's my driver how do I know how to fix it? P.s. it's a 2017 wtp crysis

|

5/5/2017 4:21 PM

And it's only when I push hard like stepping on the pedals when I have almost done a full fakir, it seems to skip with that pressure

|

5/6/2017 2:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2017 2:18 AM

It sounds like the spacer ring on your crank might be warped from use. It's the small ring that goes on before your sprocket they become oval shaped and need replacing. Take your cranks off and pop off the sproket and have a look at it if its bashed or out of round it needs replacing.I can't remember the name of the part right now. Hope that is it. Its like a ten dollar fix. Also your chain could be stretched but that is doubtful.

|

5/6/2017 6:39 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

It sounds like the spacer ring on your crank might be warped from use. It's the small ring that goes on before your sprocket they become oval shaped and need replacing. Take your cranks off and pop off the sproket and have a look at it if its bashed or out of round it needs replacing.I can't remember the name of the part right now. Hope that is it. Its like a ten dollar fix. Also your chain could be stretched but that is doubtful.

It is fine, and I might just be stupid but it only happens if I pedal hard before catching up with the slack, like if I'm doing a fakie and push down hard on the pedals it slips and has like twice as much slack. Is this normal?

|

5/8/2017 5:27 AM

The engagement in the back is the problem take apart your fc and see the problem

|

5/8/2017 4:55 PM

If the pedal engagement is changing, that is something in the hub. Pop it apart (find youtube videos from reliable sources like Ride or the brand of coaster you have) and examine it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/9/2017 5:15 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

If the pedal engagement is changing, that is something in the hub. Pop it apart (find youtube videos from reliable sources like Ride or the brand of coaster you have) and examine it.

How will I know if something is off?

|

5/10/2017 2:16 AM

moistureized wrote:

Take some pictures and post them here.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/16/2017 6:07 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

moistureized wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

I took it to a bike shop because I took apart the hub but ended up forgetting how to put it back, but then after the guy rode it and said it seemed fine to him (hes not all about bmx, it's a normal bike shop). But I still think something has to be wrong, having to pedal through a lot of slack right after/during a fakie. What does it sound like to you?

|

5/16/2017 6:12 PM

moistureized wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

moistureized wrote:

I took it to a bike shop because I took apart the hub but ended up forgetting how to put it back, but then after the guy rode it and said it seemed fine to him (hes not all about bmx, it's a normal bike shop). But I still think something has to be wrong, having to pedal through a lot of slack right after/during a fakie. What does it sound like to you?

If the slack is changing without being pulled apart, it could be the spring balls are messed up, could be a small groove in your clutch the balls sit in and sometimes pop out of weirdly, could be spacers in wrong order causing something to stick sometimes, could need a fresh regrease or cleaning.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/16/2017 6:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2017 6:51 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

moistureized wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

If the slack is changing without being pulled apart, it could be the spring balls are messed up, could be a small groove in your clutch the balls sit in and sometimes pop out of weirdly, could be spacers in wrong order causing something to stick sometimes, could need a fresh regrease or cleaning.

Thanks but it just got regreased and cleaned and the guy would've noticed something because he took apart the whole hub. Maybe its me but I could've sworn I never noticed it before... do you think it's just me?

|