Metal pedals feel good

Related:
Create New Tag

11/6/2017 9:59 AM

I tossed these like 12 year old GT metal pedals on my bike and they make me wonder why i went plastic for all these years, they have a larger pedal body which i like but the pins and pedals are half way shot.. so my next new pair are gonna be metal for sure, thinking Fit or Eclat, suggestions are welcome.
Photo

|

11/6/2017 10:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2017 10:06 AM

Until you hit your shins... Lol my fits are good and wide, can recommend. There are also beaver traps out there that are flat And wide. Eclat is pretty top end so can't go wrong there.

|

11/6/2017 10:16 AM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Until you hit your shins... Lol my fits are good and wide, can recommend. There are also beaver traps out there that are flat ...more

I was about to make the shin comment haha
But I second the metal pedals thing. If I could get my hands on a set I'll ditch plastic pedals.

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

11/6/2017 12:20 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Until you hit your shins... Lol my fits are good and wide, can recommend. There are also beaver traps out there that are flat ...more

GCBMX69 wrote:

But I second the metal pedals thing. If I could get my hands on a set I'll ditch ...more

I've had my share of shinners, but it is part of the game.

|

11/6/2017 12:23 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

I like eclat cause the pedal bodies have like knurling kinda like the old school primo tenderizers did. But I wouldent go back to primo I wanna try somethin new I am not a fan of primo

|

11/6/2017 12:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2017 12:37 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Shredkink9 wrote:

I like eclat cause the pedal bodies have like knurling kinda like the old school primo tenderizers did. But I wouldent go back ...more

I'm running Shadow Ravager pedals, they have the knurling. Back in the day I used to take certain pins out of my wellgos, and it would make your foot blow off to the side instead of getting shin slapped. Doesnt work with square pedals so well..

I also have some tenderizers.. Had to take a grinder to them before they were safe. Seriously those inner corners.. Who let that pass? Primo..

|

In midschool bike rides you.

11/6/2017 1:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2017 1:21 PM

I dont recommend eclat pedals jnless youre talking the more expensive ones. The slash alloy pedals broke really easy for me.

Get the grandstand alloys if you want a great pedal with replaceable pins and a large platform.

|

11/6/2017 1:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2017 1:35 PM

Magnesium is the way to go. Best of both worlds. I've never actually ridden any, but I wouldn't mind a pair of magnesium pedals next time, if I can find a decent price on them. I don't think they are much more than aluminum. I mid the primo tenderizer. Best pedals ever. I've had like 5 pairs in my life. I've heard they make a plastic version, but they don't look quite the same.

|

11/6/2017 2:03 PM

I ride the high end sealed Shadow Ravagers and I seriously cannot say enough good things about them. They have unbelievable grip, look sexy even when worn, and are strong as shit. It is so worth it to shell out money for these.

As for shins, I refuse to ride without shinguards so it doesn't matter to me. Would do you well to try em out, riding without worrying about missing pedals is awesome.

|

11/6/2017 4:32 PM

I have ravagers too, that are nice and gripy, but I am fine with plastics, I usually ride duo resilite

|

11/6/2017 5:14 PM

JCPCs?

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

11/6/2017 5:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2017 5:22 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

I agree...my Fit Alloys work great, but OHHHH the shins hate them. I will probably go to plastics soon. I am an old wimp.

|

11/6/2017 5:27 PM

I always liked my metal Animal Hamiltons, replaceable pins too.

I like the feel of pc pedals though. I move my feet around slightly for certain tricks, metal pedals I feel TOO locked into

|

11/6/2017 5:41 PM

I liked the s&m 101's, and i have heard the animals have a smaller pedal body but i have never tried them. Adjustable pins are always sweet too

|

11/6/2017 5:42 PM

Odyssey Grandstands are the best feeling pedals I’ve had (Odyssey plastic and Eclat Contra were the last couple I used). The adjustment thing on the grandstands is a bit of a pain but made up for by the price/comfort ratio.

|

11/6/2017 6:52 PM

scrub74 wrote:

Odyssey Grandstands are the best feeling pedals I’ve had (Odyssey plastic and Eclat Contra were the last couple I used). The ...more

Word

|

11/6/2017 6:52 PM

I have some DK pedals on my bike that are great. The original pedals were really worn down and my shoes would slip off all the time. I forget the model, and the bike is not near me, but I agree...I could never use plastic pedals...they are for kids bikes.

and leg strikes are just a part of the game. I grew up with hamburger shins from BMX and MTB, so I am used to it

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

11/7/2017 10:59 AM

GCBMX69 wrote:

But I second the metal pedals thing. If I could get my hands on a set I'll ditch ...more

You can get metal platform pedals anywhere.

https://www.backcountry.com/race-face-chester-pedals?CMP_SKU=RCF003B&MER=0406&skid=RCF003B-GN-ONESIZ&mr:trackingCode=34A56AFA-51FB-E511-80F3-005056944E17&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=plaonline&CMP_ID=PLA_GOc001&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PLA&k_clickid=c4c1cc4d-8eef-4206-9d38-a3720b9d6214&gclid=CjwKCAiA0IXQBRA2EiwAMODil7SdQA3DA2wRHrmQ7lZZYKd-dtG7Wlldt6lIiK-fnGyutH7V2X0XABoCr80QAvD_BwE

|

11/7/2017 11:21 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Magnesium is the way to go. Best of both worlds. I've never actually ridden any, but I wouldn't mind a pair of magnesium ...more

You mean like these?

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product2_10052_10551_1226837_-1

|

11/7/2017 6:31 PM

I'm running some Deity plastic body / metal pins . Fully sealed , ULTRA thin body . They're amazing and light too . Worth 75$

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/7/2017 7:25 PM

I like metal petals because there sturdy and all but when you do cranks flips and fractur your shin it's not so fun...

|

SKRRT SKKRRT

11/8/2017 6:58 AM

Magnesium is great, rode a bunch of welgo magnesium’s and 1664 magnesium pedals, they where nice , just got some metal snafu anorexia pedals I’m excited to try out in the spring

|

11/8/2017 9:16 AM

I had some magnesium primo super tenderisers back in the day. They were good. But pedal slides are better with plastic pedals. I would hate to try a front foot pedal feeble on a concrete ledge with metal pedals.
Plastics are cheaper, so it doesn't bother me if I have to replace em a couple of times a year

|

11/8/2017 2:31 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Magnesium is the way to go. Best of both worlds. I've never actually ridden any, but I wouldn't mind a pair of magnesium ...more

No I mean like some classic welgos. I'm not into the low profile pedals. They will lower your bottom bracket significantly. Everyone rides these high bbs then puts super thin pedals on. What's the point. I like my pedals to have some meat on them. Plus the spindles would bend so easy. You can get magnesium welgos on eBay for under $30.

|

11/8/2017 3:48 PM

I like the fact that my twisted pcs slide easily but the sound of metal grinding is music to my ears you just have to go a bit faster. I've broken metal, plastic, magnesium pedal bodys all the same tho if you hit anything that many times it'll break eventually. I really like the way metal feels tho

|

@coupd_tat

11/26/2017 7:31 AM

You guys complain about your shins, bear traps from "back in they day"
enough said...

|

11/26/2017 8:05 AM

Animal rat trap pedals look beast. Gonna try to get some after winter

|