Metal vs Plastic Pedals

Related:
Create New Tag

10/8/2013 12:02 PM

How do you guys feel about metal vs plastic pedals? I personally made the switch years ago when plastic pedals first hit the market, and i've never looked back. They work really well for pedal grinds (of which I'm a big proponent) so I've never had even the slightest urge to go back.

However, I know a lot of people who just never got into plastic pedals and are back on metal. They say they like the traction and feel of metal under their feet.

How do you guys feel? Do you run metal or plastic pedals and why??

|

10/8/2013 12:03 PM

mhhhhh..i have to say i love the grippy aspect of metal pedals and love the grindage of plastics, so i got the JCPC's and have been on them for just over a year..i just removed the pins on one side and ughhhhh.they are soooooo good

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

10/8/2013 12:05 PM

king_swag wrote:

mhhhhh..i have to say i love the grippy aspect of metal pedals and love the grindage of plastics, so i got the JCPC's and have been on them for just over a year..i just removed the pins on one side and ughhhhh.they are soooooo good

Hell yeah, I got some of those waiting in reserve. I'm about to make the switch as soon as my Animal Hamilton PC's shit the bed.

|

10/8/2013 12:06 PM

JCPC's are the way forward!

Best of both worlds; Plastic body (replaceable) with metal pins (replaceable)

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

10/8/2013 12:06 PM

king_swag wrote:

zachkrejmas wrote:

Hell yeah, I got some of those waiting in reserve. I'm about to make the switch as soon as my Animal Hamilton PC's shit the bed.

good. they rule so hard. haha, and i posted that video in the video section i think.which you told me to do for what i do not know what you are finna do with

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

10/8/2013 12:08 PM

Seems like this thread is made every month.. :3 Metal FTW

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

10/8/2013 12:08 PM

metal pedals forever I just cant get into plastics

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

10/8/2013 12:12 PM

I prefer metal for the grip. Pedal grinds are still doable, least on mine.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

10/8/2013 12:38 PM

Metal all day. I like not having to buy a new set of pedals every few months and I like knowing that my pedals aren't going to snap if I do a big drop/land flat. I switched to plastic back in the day to be a weight weenie but I went through so many pedals so I made the switch back to metal which tbh is pretty much the same weight.

|

My Old* Steed

Click here and follow me :D
Twitterrr

10/8/2013 1:08 PM

Street / park = plastic
Trails = metal

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

10/8/2013 3:18 PM

Metal is the shit, I don't pedal grind and I love the feeling of metal pedals. Plastic just seems like there's no point unless you pedal grind and/or a weight whore. JCPC's seem like a good idea in fact I was going to get some but I just went with the Trailmixe's and they are legit.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/8/2013 3:29 PM

I run JCPCs and they are legit as hell

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

10/8/2013 3:34 PM

Plastic with metal pins.

|

10/8/2013 6:37 PM

Plastics. I am currently riding Hamiltons with a metal pin mod... i love pedal feebles and luc-e grinds on concrete, so metal just wont work

|

Refs:
Bought from: Tito24, tinybikerider33 (x2), RideBikesYoo, hookjrclc, MrHavoc1988, ScramHype, BigOleMonster
Sold to: Jared42069 (x2), Sancheezz, blueep3piece, Marco_Gonzalez, Riverside Rider, HardBMX_Tim
Traded: tomdon
Hooked me up: zachhendrix, oscar7588

Personal Email: snmloverbmx@hotmail.com
n-dür product info/ order email: ndur_bmx@outlook.com
n-dür on facebook

10/8/2013 6:40 PM

Plastic. FTW. I hate JCPCs personally. Just a big ass pain im the ass and on the shin.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

10/8/2013 6:42 PM

JC Pc Designs are whats gonna rule the pedal game for street/streetpark guys while super hardcore park and trails will rock the metal love. i cannot ride anything but Jc Pc's

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

10/8/2013 7:31 PM

I love plastic pedals cause I do pedal grinds a lot but they last about a month before I have to replace them which sucks. I think a company like Eclat should make pedals with the same material as their Nathan Williams plastic pegs if that's possible, maybe they'll last longer.

|

10/8/2013 7:42 PM

Only metal pedals that I'd ride are those Premium slims but apparently they're shit.

I'm Oddysey Twisting it for life !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/8/2013 9:06 PM

PC for me. I like the feel of them. I don't care at all about the pedals slicing my shins up really, it's the impact of a pedal slamming your shin that really does it for me haha. Both metal & pc feel about the same to me anyway though when slamming my shin.

Also I like the ability to move my feet around more, when say doing a crank flip when I like to move my foot slightly forward. Metal pedals just lock you in too much for my liking. Plus they kill your shoes, or at least killed my shoes when I had them yeeeeaaaars ago.

|

10/8/2013 9:20 PM

I don't even know. It think I'm bi polar when it comes to pedals. some yeard plastic.. then I miss the metal.. so i put em back on then i'm back on plastics.. now metal again cuz i felt like it.. now I'm about to buy some plastics again. I don't do pedal grinds much at all. imo, pedal are pedals. They all mostly weigh nothing and they mostly all have decent grip. Get what you like I guess.. fuckit cause they're just pedals.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

10/8/2013 9:32 PM

Maybe I'm the only one who's ever noticed this, but I always feel PCs and slim alloys flex. Even when brand new. It just bugs me. Got my trailmixes not too long ago and love them. I think the superior grip, and sturdiness of a thick metal is what has me sold. I feel reassured on my bike knowing I'm not gonna slip a pedal but once in a blue moon and I'm not gonna land something and eat it because my pedal body just snapped off.

As for pedal grinds and such, I would just take a small sheet of 4140 crmo and cut it perfect for the pedal body and bolt it on with the removeable pin holes using buttonhead bolts. Therefor it will grind perfectly on almost any surface. Plastic/aluminum grind great on iron/steel and skatelite but just sticks to concrete and also grinds down super fast. Chromoly slides on concrete perfectly and still slides probably 70% as good as aluminum/plastic on metals/skatelite and lasts so much longer.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/8/2013 11:50 PM

I prefer Metals, I rode Plastics for about 2 months and broke 3 pairs in the process. Plus Metals are grippier. But it's all personal preference.

|

10/9/2013 12:55 AM

Metal for the win for ever but i am thinking of switching for a little bit because i got hung up on a wooden rail soon as my pedals went down but i have a pair of old OG odyssey odyssey clear pc's that are thick as fuck but i had broken every other plastic pedal before i tried one of the PC odysseys but I hate JC PC's with a passion

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

10/9/2013 5:49 AM

I have had the shadow ravenger pc pedals for almost a year and a half now. Best plastic pedals out there with tons of grip

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

10/9/2013 7:59 AM

I have metal Hamiltons, and PC Hamiltons. I think i'm sticking to the plastic train. I was thinking about JCPC's but my friend got them and split his shin skin right open. He needed stiches but didn't want them. So, then I said fuck that.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

10/9/2013 1:17 PM

I've been running the same welgo mg1 pedals for around 4 years now and they're still solid......plastics junk I can handle a shinner from a metal pedal ......only little girls complain from shinners

|