Metal vs. plastic pegs

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2020 6:36 PM

Just got a pair of plastic pegs, learned febels and doubles pretty quick. Just wondering peoples preferences and pros and cons

|

3/26/2020 8:14 PM

Love plastics for the stealth factor and the less damage to the grind surface factor. I will say, steel is fun and there is no denying that a large bit of satisfaction comes from the damage you are doing to your rail or ledge.

I like my spots to stay in better condition because I hit them frequently and would like them to last a good while. Thats why I choose to run plastic sleeved pegs.

|

3/26/2020 8:21 PM

I will only ride metal. I love fufanus to ice and I feel metal is just so much better

|

3/26/2020 9:22 PM

Plastic is ghost AF...

Steel is real...

|

3/26/2020 10:37 PM

Titanium pegs for sparks

|

fack off

3/27/2020 4:16 AM

I run both plastic or steel on the rear depending on what I am riding and plastic only on front axle, makes for a way nicer grind to keep plastic up front in my opinion.

Plastic rear wears about 50 times faster than metal if you are hitting street ledges, which is way too quick for my liking. But I mix it up lately, wax a ledge and hit it with the steel to bed it in, then go at it later with the plastic.

|

3/27/2020 4:35 AM

I tried out plastics for a while. I found that they slid heaps better (sometimes TOO slippery on a waxed hubba at the skatepark), but it’s just not satisfying. I need the sound, so I have my steels back on now.

|

3/27/2020 9:34 PM

I run 1 plastic 2 chromoly and 1 aluminum so I ride a plastic on my front left main grind side so Smith's are smoother I hate the way feeble and ice picks feel on a pc peg so I ride a chromoly rear left I dont like to slip out of crooked and x up grinds so I have a chromoly front right and I have a aluminum back right as that peg doesn't get used much riding street mostly on coping from being goofy footed it's the way I carve for fufanu to ice. I k know it's a bit crazy to put so much thought into my peg setup but it works well for me.

|

I believe in hub guard protection

3/28/2020 8:47 AM

threesomemist wrote:

I run 1 plastic 2 chromoly and 1 aluminum so I ride a plastic on my front left main grind side so Smith's are smoother I hate the way feeble and ice picks feel on a pc peg so I ride a chromoly rear left I dont like to slip out of crooked and x up grinds so I have a chromoly front right and I have a aluminum back right as that peg doesn't get used much riding street mostly on coping from being goofy footed it's the way I carve for fufanu to ice. I k know it's a bit crazy to put so much thought into my peg setup but it works well for me.

Actually I like your thought process.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

3/28/2020 9:08 AM

threesomemist wrote:

I haven’t thought of running different kind of pegs. I’m sure I could probably google this but can you just remove the plastic sleeve and grind with the metal core or are they typically not made as strong to stand alone?

|

3/28/2020 9:14 AM

threesomemist wrote:

rainescustoms99 wrote:

I haven’t thought of running different kind of pegs. I’m sure I could probably google this but can you just remove the plastic sleeve and grind with the metal core or are they typically not made as strong to stand alone?

If they are designed to do that like the old butcher pegs it would be fine. I've seen people do it with just the chromoly core while they were waiting for new sleeves but it made it hell for them to get the new sleeves on when they came.

|

I believe in hub guard protection

3/28/2020 9:19 AM

threesomemist wrote:

rainescustoms99 wrote:

threesomemist wrote:

If they are designed to do that like the old butcher pegs it would be fine. I've seen people do it with just the chromoly core while they were waiting for new sleeves but it made it hell for them to get the new sleeves on when they came.

I suppose I could always take my angle grinder and smooth it out before a new sleeve. I have only ridden with pegs for two days now and I like the way it feels for the most part besides not know what metal would feel like. Although I could images stalls (ice pick and whatnot) being sketch with the sleeve being able to rotate. A friend of mine told me not to grind on bare concrete with them, which is for sure a con because lots of street spots are bare concrete.

|

3/28/2020 2:45 PM

rainescustoms99 wrote:

threesomemist wrote:

rainescustoms99 wrote:

I suppose I could always take my angle grinder and smooth it out before a new sleeve. I have only ridden with pegs for two days now and I like the way it feels for the most part besides not know what metal would feel like. Although I could images stalls (ice pick and whatnot) being sketch with the sleeve being able to rotate. A friend of mine told me not to grind on bare concrete with them, which is for sure a con because lots of street spots are bare concrete.

The sleeve shouldn't be rotating

|

sponsor me

3/28/2020 5:24 PM

threesomemist wrote:

rainescustoms99 wrote:

SlavBMX wrote:

Maybe it’s because I had to adjust the wheels once but the wear on the plastic seems to be pretty even all the way around. If I grab it and try to move it it won’t move, maybe I rotated the wheels 180 degrees after some adjustments needed from fucking up a grind or two.

|

3/29/2020 7:09 PM

steel shadow pegs with diy water pipe sleaves
p

|

3/29/2020 7:14 PM

threesomemist wrote:

rainescustoms99 wrote:

SlavBMX wrote:

My sleeves can rotate, pretty sure they're designed to do so... Cinema C4, they go behind on the dropout side, but are recessed so the metal of the peg is against the dropout, the sleeve can't come off, but can still spin...

|