Mid school street

Related:
Create New Tag

4/6/2013 5:43 PM

Anyone here watch older edits and videos from back in the day or just up to date stuff, I been getting into all the old animal stuff like skapegoat and some old Steven Hamilton edits I gotta say I really do like that raw kinda street style that was going on.

All you younguns if you ain't already should check some of this older footage out, reckon you could learn a thing or two about what style and creativity is all about

Can anyone recommend any other good mid school vids or edits I should check out?

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/6/2013 5:47 PM

i always watch the older stuff. especially anything from animal or karl poynter.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/6/2013 5:50 PM

Steven Hamilton rules. A lot of people will argue and say he's kinda sketchy.. he's not. He's fucking raw.

?feature=player_detailpage

^^^ really motivated me to ride.

definitely can't forget this video!!

|

4/6/2013 5:51 PM

tomdon wrote:

i always watch the older stuff. especially anything from animal or karl poynter.

Dats cool man, what you think of Hamilton? I hear a lot of people talking shit about him, but I think his riding was spot on.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/6/2013 5:52 PM

i cant stand the older stuff(most of the time) ,not saying the riders are bad, just not the style i like

|

4/6/2013 5:55 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Steven Hamilton rules. A lot of people will argue and say he's kinda sketchy.. he's not. He's fucking raw.

^^^ really motivated me to ride.

definitely can't forget this video!!

Yes man, gotta love vans CM clips but I can't stand dat song tho.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/6/2013 6:02 PM

I like the old school vibe some have. Here's a video of the guys in my town riding, probably around 2004-2005 I would imagine. Has an old school feel to it kinda

|

4/6/2013 6:03 PM

tomdon wrote:

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Dats cool man, what you think of Hamilton? I hear a lot of people talking shit about him, but I think his riding was spot on.

fuck the people that talk shit about him. hes categorized with charlie crumlish and karl poynter. all 3 have such a unique style that bars and whips arent necessary to realize how good they are. and you ever seen that thing he does, its like a double foot drag on a ledge? i stole that from him. fun as hell. made everyone around here like his riding

|

4/6/2013 6:05 PM

cf wrote:

i cant stand the older stuff(most of the time) ,not saying the riders are bad, just not the style i like

i take back that comment ,the riding in these are sick

|

4/6/2013 6:09 PM

tomdon wrote:

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

tomdon wrote:

fuck the people that talk shit about him. hes categorized with charlie crumlish and karl poynter. all 3 have such a unique style that bars and whips arent necessary to realize how good they are. and you ever seen that thing he does, its like a double foot drag on a ledge? i stole that from him. fun as hell. made everyone around here like his riding

Yeah I know the move you talking bout, ya don't see tingz like that very often. good on ya

I really liked that 360 nose bonk he did off that curb cut, was badass.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/6/2013 6:12 PM

I like a lot of video parts and whatnot from 07-2010. I dunno why lol.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/6/2013 6:12 PM

cf wrote:

cf wrote:

i take back that comment ,the riding in these are sick

Refreshing ain't it just to see something different than all the perfect hd everything we get today (which I love btw) sometimes tho its nice to see where all today's riding has evolved from. Nah mean?

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/6/2013 6:14 PM

i watch old animal videos sometimes but i can't stand watching butcher. Those fucking pants....

|

vital's redneck

4/6/2013 6:15 PM

BLRBMX wrote:

i watch old animal videos sometimes but i can't stand watching butcher. Those fucking pants....

Ugh I know right haha I still like his riding, it's just gross seeing people ride in pants like that

|

4/6/2013 6:17 PM

BLRBMX wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Ugh I know right haha I still like his riding, it's just gross seeing people ride in pants like that

Agreed the fashion wasn't nuttin but the riding was mint.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/6/2013 6:29 PM

I love mid school edits.
And yeah most of the older Animal stuff is fucking great!

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/6/2013 6:35 PM

thats another good one. who dont love the skapegoat series? And who else has a mix section of coasters?
|

4/6/2013 6:47 PM

One thing I've noticed about the difference in the riding from back then is the speed at which things were done that and the size of the tricks and the risk involved.

everything back then seems to have been done with a little more gusto and balls, you gotta respect the riders for that.

Also it seems like the riders were more resourceful and made the best of the setups that were available to them, like today it seems like you only see cats riding like perfect setups for whatever moves they plan on busting out, whereas back then it was like just blast thru anything that happens to be in ya way and look good doin it.

I fucking love bmx!

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/6/2013 7:00 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

One thing I've noticed about the difference in the riding from back then is the speed at which things were done that and the size of the tricks and the risk involved.

everything back then seems to have been done with a little more gusto and balls, you gotta respect the riders for that.

Also it seems like the riders were more resourceful and made the best of the setups that were available to them, like today it seems like you only see cats riding like perfect setups for whatever moves they plan on busting out, whereas back then it was like just blast thru anything that happens to be in ya way and look good doin it.

I fucking love bmx!

and they werent perfectionists like everybody today. they werent all about style and looking spectacular. they didnt care how they looked as long as they got the job done

|

4/7/2013 12:27 AM

tomdon wrote:

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

It's not it was spot on, it still his. He still rides. He was also the only Federal Rider to not leave for United in 2009.

I love riders like Hamilton, Roskelly, Elstran and others. I like to be as technical and creative as possible when riding.

|

4/7/2013 3:02 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

I fucking love bmx!

tomdon wrote:

and they werent perfectionists like everybody today. they werent all about style and looking spectacular. they didnt care how they looked as long as they got the job done

Totally agree less ego, and more humility.

|

dangerous thing.
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/7/2013 6:01 AM

This is the "era" i come from! I used to wear Butcher style jeans lol. Whilst they have decreased in width over the years i would still say they aint slim fitting lol. I still wear the baggy(ish) clothes & snap back hats. I still ride small, narrow bars, seats still high (although it has come down abit) I must admit however certain aspects of my riding has changed. I ride Flatland also & my bikes have slowly merged into one, Im still not a huge fan of freecoasters on my street bike but i fucking love seeing pros with coasters shredding street! I still prefer watching old street edits, although there are a few new guys that are really taking it to the streets, David Grant, Bengo, Ben Lewis & a few more really take my interest. I just love street & i always will.

|