Midschool addiction

Related:
Create New Tag

6/5/2018 3:10 AM

Hello. My name as Matt and I have an addiction to collecting midschool frames of note.

So far I have a 98 chromo 2Hip Pork, a 98 Kink Empire (not Revision cool, 99 2Hip Soul, 99 gen 1 Metal Kizz, 2000 Solid Killing Machine, 01 Metal Burma, 01 Standard Cashius, 02 S&M Beringer, 04 FBM Autopilot and I have 3 new school frames too. An 07 Sunday Vinnie Sammon, 08 Sunday Second Wave a 11 Solid AA.

Seven of them were either purchased new by myself and ridden or acquired soon after new and ridden by myself. I started restoring my rides and developed a taste for collecting. The others are some of the frames that were on my want-list back in the day and others are some that simply intrigued me and I managed to find them.

I have been riding BMX for 20 years plus and still get a buzz from it.

By the way. If anyone knows of or has a Kink Phantom Lord, I want it!!! Haha!

|

Midschool Kink Phantom Lord frame wanted!

6/5/2018 3:11 AM

Some awesome frames on that list. But you are just a tease unless you put pics up!

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

6/5/2018 3:52 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

Some awesome frames on that list. But you are just a tease unless you put pics up!

Photo
Photo

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
|

6/5/2018 4:21 AM

That first Metal Bikes frame looks sooooo good. Also a big fan of the raw solid frame.

Get all of them built and ride them all!

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

6/5/2018 4:33 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

That first Metal Bikes frame looks sooooo good. Also a big fan of the raw solid frame.

Get all of them built and ride them ...more

Thanks. I'd love to build them but I have neither the space, time, money or wife for such shenanigans! laughing They will be wall art and as long as my kids don't sell them too soon after I'm dead, they'll be perfect reference pieces for historical purposes.

The black Metal Burm was the 3rd frame I restored.
The gen 1 Kizz was the first, followed by my FBM Autopilot. Then it was the two 2Hips, then the Cashius (which I'm still looking for era correct decals for, then my Sunday Vinnie Sammon.

The Empire is awaiting decals which are on their way and the Killing Machine is just awaiting powder coat and decals, which should arrive with the kink decals.

I always restore to the original colour. So the Killing Machine will be black, as will the Beringer. The AA will be raw finish and the Second Wave will be warm red.

|

6/5/2018 4:37 AM

What's the deal with the Empire frame, never knew they did a frame? I was out the loop for 10 years, so missed a lot. Was it made by some one else?

|

6/5/2018 4:57 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

What's the deal with the Empire frame, never knew they did a frame? I was out the loop for 10 years, so missed a lot. Was it ...more

It was Kink's first frame. Only 100 made by "Spooky" Dave Harrison and then a year or so later, around 2000, the made the Empire Revision B. Very similar in terms of looks but lightened and given a lower standover height and refined dropouts. Then in 2000/01 came the Fiend and the Phantom Lord. Both signature frames. Then came the Defenders and Freebirds and they they never stopped producing frames after that.

|

6/5/2018 7:43 AM

Thank god I was born in the modern days.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

6/5/2018 7:50 AM

Skylight wrote:

Haha!! How modern are you talking?? Like as in post 2005 frame design modern or....??

|

6/5/2018 7:54 AM

If you need any autopilot decals I've got loads laughing

Hi matt, it's Steve (theGrey) smile

|

6/5/2018 7:56 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

If you need any autopilot decals I've got loads laughing

Hi matt, it's Steve (theGrey) smile

Haha!! You hold on to them! laughing

|

6/5/2018 8:06 AM

Skylight wrote:

sycmatt wrote:

Haha!! How modern are you talking?? Like as in post 2005 frame design modern or....??

Like in post everything.

Yeah, kinda after 2005, when low slung frames started becoming popular.

Some of those frames are monstrosities.

Heck, if Gennaro had a 2Hip Pork, he would have beaten the T-rex to a pulp.

That's just how burly the stuff was.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

6/5/2018 10:01 AM

LOBSTERRR CLAWSSS

|

6/5/2018 12:20 PM

Nice! I'm in the process of restoring my Cashius. Yours looks good but finding the decals will be tough. Good luck!

|

6/5/2018 12:57 PM

dead goon wrote:

Nice! I'm in the process of restoring my Cashius. Yours looks good but finding the decals will be tough. Good luck!

Thanks man and yeah, finding the Apache era style for the Cashius is going to be tough as hell. Where there's a will........

|

6/5/2018 1:06 PM

i still have my original wtp Osato frame. I really need to build that up

|

It’s all bmx

6/5/2018 1:15 PM

I do not miss those frames.

That Pork weighs like 9.5 pounds. correct me if I am wrong.

Also, just for clarification, Empire BMX did make a frame a few years back. S&M welded them. Not to be confused with the Kink frame, of course.

Nice collection. smile

|

6/5/2018 1:26 PM

pnj wrote:

Also, just for clarification, Empire ...more

I'm not sure on the Empire BMX frame. I do have a vague memory of hearing about some sort of collaboration between Empire and S&M though.

A straight 9lbs for chromo Pork and I know what you mean about not missing them. Even using modern parts around such a thing would still hinder any abilities, I'm sure!

|

6/5/2018 1:46 PM

The Empire BMX frame was a BmxBoard colab type frame. Classic geo.

it was named the Stick It In Her Butt And Pee. SIIHBAP . smile seriously.

|

6/5/2018 2:37 PM

Do want.

|

6/5/2018 2:37 PM

pnj wrote:

Also, just for clarification, Empire ...more

sycmatt wrote:

I'm not sure on the Empire BMX frame. I do have a vague memory of hearing about some sort of collaboration between Empire and ...more

Yeah, s&m and fit had a few signature frames with the empire logo on the downtube gusset (for the team riders that also rode for empire one would assume). There was a fit hawk, and s&m cardona iirc

|