Might be the only one

Related:
Create New Tag

10/21/2017 10:12 AM

...in America with one of these!

Photo

Thanks again to grumpySteve for the Sprocket! Stoked to get it on the bike. I'll add a photo on here when I do-AND review it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/21/2017 10:14 AM

Looks mighty sprockety!

|

10/21/2017 10:18 AM

It's pretty solid-and adds 2 teeth to my setup so I gotta add a link or two.

Haven't touched my bike much lately due to work and yard work (getting prepped for winter) plus tendonitis in my elbow from riding. When I session it is either take it easy or set myself back what feels like 3-4 days on healing.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/21/2017 11:51 AM

Not the only one! Another guy who was briefly on here bought one. Posted them out on the same day, so you may have been the first!
Glad you like it buddy XD

|

10/21/2017 12:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/21/2017 12:09 PM

Do the come in 26 or 27t? Is shipping a lot to the u.s?

|

10/21/2017 12:13 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Not the only one! Another guy who was briefly on here bought one. Posted them out on the same day, so you may have been the ...more

Photo

Photo

Tossed it on-had to add some chain but that's ok-it's solid and I'm gonna go a lot faster being that I upped 3 teeth in the front.

Too bad it's raining like a mofo today sad

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/21/2017 1:02 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Do the come in 26 or 27t? Is shipping a lot to the u.s?

28t only I'm afraid. Moq's make it silly expensive to get more than one size. I keep doing deals for people that live outside the UK, so they get a good deal and I don't lose any money, like a sprocket and a raglan for £50 (sprockets are normally 40, raglans are 20), including postage. The exchange rate, and cost of stuff over here is more in general, so I have to try to be pretty competitive with the prices.

I'm either going to bump the rrp up for the next batch so I can afford to sell through shops. Or keep it the same and continue to sell direct. I'd rather sell through shops though, and £50 for a sprocket made in England, in a handmade numbered sleeve is still a fair price (over here anyway)

|

10/21/2017 1:22 PM

Looks GREYt!

|

10/21/2017 1:29 PM

Nice - I run 28T on a couple of my park bikes. What cranks are those?

GrumpySteve - THought about anywhere else for the logo placement?

|

10/21/2017 1:59 PM

Hbtl_Ofndr wrote:

GrumpySteve - THought about anywhere else for the logo ...more

Haha, yeah, it's the only place it would fit! You can see it better on profiles. The next sprockets will be beefed up so it'll fit better XD

|

10/21/2017 3:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/21/2017 3:40 PM

Hbtl_Ofndr wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Haha, yeah, it's the only place it would fit! You can see it better on profiles. The next sprockets will be beefed up so it'll ...more

I might wait until your next run, and see how they look. I definitely want one eventually, but Im buying some new rims this week too. I gotta stop buying all this crap I don't really need, and sell all the stuff I don't use. I've tried to google "the grey bmx"" but can't seem to find anything. Do you have a link? What are they like 5mm thick? Do you plan on making other sizes? I'd really like to try a 27t soon, but they are kind of hard to find. It's definitely a reasonable price for sure though.

|

10/21/2017 10:45 PM

Try theGrey bmx, it's only really on Facebook and instagram, but I've got a bigcartel set up for the sprockets too. They're 7.5mm thick, the smaller spokes are 4mm thick, and they're made from 7075-T6. I might do the next lot in 27t as well as 28t. But after switching to 28 myself, anything smaller seems a bit pointless.

I'd actually like to take this opportunity to urge anyone that's interested to follow us on Facebook or instagram. We've got some stuff happening over winter and I don't want to keep plugging it on here smile

|

10/23/2017 5:12 AM

Hbtl_Ofndr wrote:

Odyssey Twombolts-I swapped a set of Ezra cranks for em.

I plan to replace them over the winter sometime with some fresh 19MM cranks and BB I think.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/23/2017 5:21 AM

For the record it is a beefy sprocket, noticeably thicker than my S&M Tuffman. Honestly it feels as beefy as my Odyssey MDS (despite no guard).

Looking forward to cranking around on it this afternoon! Perhaps I will set up a rail and do a little review/edit. We shall see (depends on my elbow)

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/23/2017 7:15 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Looks GREYt!

hahaha i get it.

nice sprocket man

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

10/23/2017 7:03 PM

Might be down to order one in the future after like February ish

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/23/2017 7:50 PM

grumpy...do they come ib blue? I would rock a blue one on my current Mongoose, and then on my future Verde

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

10/24/2017 1:19 AM

Photo
This is kind of blue, it was "dark grey" on the colour swatch, but it's more of a bluey grey. I have one silver one left too
|

10/24/2017 6:21 AM

Fellow American with one. But I'm going to wait until I have some other new parts before I put it on, so you could be the only one here with the sprocket on your bike! Very cool to have something that feels like a "limited edition." For those of you thinking about placing an order, the raglan is cool too!

|

10/24/2017 6:56 AM

grumpySteve wrote: Photo
This is kind of blue, it was "dark grey" on the colour swatch, but it's more of a bluey grey. I have one silver one left too
...more

I don't mind that. It is like the powder blue stuff on my Supergoose back in the day....which I am sort of patterning my bike after...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence