Mini BMX bike?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/7/2018 5:06 PM

Anybody have one of these mini BMX bikes. I saw some at the lbs today and got to ride one. It was easy to do tricks on for me(idk if that's normal or not). I thought for a minute about getting one, but then realistically doesn't seem like a good choice. What do you guys think about these things. Good, bad, whack?

|

2/7/2018 5:17 PM

Wait... One of those Harry Main ones?

|

2/7/2018 5:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2018 5:24 PM

jbales wrote:

Wait... One of those Harry Main ones?

Idk who tf Harry main is lol.
The brand I saw was called Fatboy mini.

Edit just looked up Harry main. Ive seen some of his vids. I do think he has one. Or are they his thing?

|

2/7/2018 5:28 PM

Yeah man they seem the same as the Rocker ones. I've never tried one buy they look fun.

|

2/7/2018 7:00 PM

Fatboy’s are not as good as Rockers, as far as I am aware they do not make intregtated frames. I’ll stay away from all these extra tiny bikes and keeping riding my normal sized kids bike...

|

2/7/2018 7:17 PM

I rode one and personally couldn't do a damn thing on it lol. Probably just because I'm 6'1", but I felt like I was bent over touching my toes the whole time, I couldn't figure out how to do tricks like that.

Even if I could shred one, I still wouldn't spend money on one. It's like buying a pro scooter to me, just a waste of money unless you plan on actually taking it serious..

Can't say I wouldn't take one if it was offered to me tho lol

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/7/2018 7:53 PM

im thinking about getting one cause i sometimes ride my kids 12in cult at the skatepark and that is fun to me and makes people laugh. i looked at them for hrs the other day and found that the rocker was the brand i wanted because it has gussets on the frame and probably holds it value the best. youll pay around $250 for the integrated headset versions it looks like. im guessing none of them are that high quality, i think they are all hi ten steel. hope this helps

|

2/7/2018 8:03 PM

FatBoys look decent too IMO also has gussets, in fact both on down and top tube on the fatboy but price seems more. fatboy has brakes too on the one im looking at. id still get the rocker

|

2/7/2018 8:19 PM

Don't get either. They seem funny and all, but you cannot hit bigger jumps on them and they Hart boring fast. Not to mention how uncomfortable it is to bend over for extended amounts of time. They are just not worth the money

|

2/7/2018 8:26 PM

Look at some of OlaBMX's videos, he shreds those things... but personally, I don't like them, I find them harder to do tricks on than my 20"...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

2/7/2018 8:48 PM

Stick to a real bike!

|

2/7/2018 8:53 PM

i just bought a rocker new on ebay for $125+13 shipping, they have one red one same price left. cheapest youll find new. i bought a purple one called haze lol. if its crap im not out a lot of money and im sure my kid will do something with it

|

2/7/2018 9:00 PM

kylecarlson wrote:

Stick to a real bike!

This.

|

2/7/2018 9:33 PM

kylecarlson wrote:

Stick to a real bike!

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

This.

stick to experiencing everything by trying new things

|

2/7/2018 9:46 PM

Ridden one in the past and had an absolute hilarious session on it, but I could never see myself investing in one of them. One of those one-and-done experiences for me.

But if I ever get the chance, I'll for sure hop on one for lelz.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

2/8/2018 12:12 AM

dorkmas wrote:

i just bought a rocker new on ebay for $125+13 shipping, they have one red one same price left. cheapest youll find new. i ...more

How dare you put money into that awful company’s pocket! angry laughing

|

2/8/2018 8:36 AM

I don't understand the hate for them, they aren't serious they are just a bit of fun.
I got one for my son for Christmas, he is 7 and loves it for messing about, but he does have a 16inch Kink and an 18inch Haro for proper riding.

Plus it was £80!

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

2/8/2018 8:55 AM

When I was on the train to school today some kid got off and rode one of them out of the station.
So they are allowed on trains that don't allow bikes probably because they are so small.

|

Hmmm

2/8/2018 9:00 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

I don't understand the hate for them, they aren't serious they are just a bit of fun.
I got one for my son for Christmas, he ...more

I don't understand the hate either.

Realistically, it's a rideable miniature bicycle! That in itself is just plain awesome to me. I don't know about using them for trick purposes but the bikes themselves are really neat.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/8/2018 12:31 PM

dorkmas wrote:

i just bought a rocker new on ebay for $125+13 shipping, they have one red one same price left. cheapest youll find new. i ...more

What model did you get?

|

2/8/2018 1:36 PM

Spencer foresman is the best when it comes to the mini bmx game , you should look him up

|

2/8/2018 1:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/1/2018 10:44 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Spencer foresman is the best when it comes to the mini bmx game , you should look him up

Yes dude! Those Minty Fresh tires are the best!grin

|

2/8/2018 3:14 PM

dorkmas wrote:

Ended up getting the red one. For the price it was worth it as a toy to screw around on. I'm sure other ppl at the skate park will have some fun with it also.

|

2/8/2018 5:08 PM

Homer and Krusty riding those little bikes always comes to mind. ahhaha

|

12/1/2018 7:24 PM

Gr1z wrote:

Anybody have one of these mini BMX bikes. I saw some at the lbs today and got to ride one. It was easy to do tricks on for ...more

I’m thinking of asking for one for Christmas. Good or bad idea?

|

12/1/2018 7:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/1/2018 7:33 PM

Gr1z wrote:

Anybody have one of these mini BMX bikes. I saw some at the lbs today and got to ride one. It was easy to do tricks on for ...more

Nothanks wrote:

I’m thinking of asking for one for Christmas. Good or bad idea?

Terrible idea get them a gift card from a bike shop , that way when they fuck it all up, it’s their fault not yours

|

12/1/2018 8:01 PM

Ok, what?

|

12/1/2018 11:49 PM

If you plan to get it for doing tricks, don't. If you plan to get it just for having fun and getting even more weird looks from people than on a 20", then yes. They look like fun, I'd try one if I had the opportunity but I'm guessing it'll get boring in a while.

|

12/2/2018 8:24 AM

Ok, thanks.

|