Mini race BMX riser advice

Related:
Create New Tag

2/2/2014 3:10 AM

Hi everyone .

My 5 3/4 year old is racing a mini race bmx. The stock redline bars have a rise of 2.5 inches. Some people at the track tell me I should get riser bars because they advise he is leaning to far forward. If he is some what higher he can put more power into his pedal stroke . Can anyone advise what rise I should go for ? 3.5 inch or 4.5 inch ? I don't see 4 inch about anywhere. I know I will need to cut to suit . Any advice would be great .
regards

Kemble,

|

2/2/2014 3:18 AM

Coming from 2.5inch, a 4.5inch might be a big change. One inch might do the work, but i am only guessing, cause i know nothing about race bmx, and even less about small bmx race bikes lol.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/2/2014 7:59 AM

I also don't know much about racing or race bikes, but generally larger (and wider) bars give more bike control

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/2/2014 8:02 AM

you could also adjust the angle of the bars to get the maximum hight. If not just move up by an inch or so.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

2/2/2014 8:07 AM

I complety forgot about spacers, i guess you can buy some spacers and try different heights.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/2/2014 9:25 AM

Try 3.5 and add/remove headset spacers to dial it in.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/2/2014 10:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2014 1:53 AM

Not sure its an option I will check . Thanks everyone smile

|

2/3/2014 1:53 AM

Kemble wrote:

Not sure its an option I will check . Thanks everyone smile

I have checked the bike. There already is 2 spacers below the stem both approx 5mm each. On removing the cap on the top of the fork I have found the fork tube is approx 3 mm below the stem clamp top. So an extra spacer to rise up the stem not looking to be much of an option. I might squeeze in one spacer 4-5mm tops but the upper clamp on the stem would start to loose its grip.

|

2/3/2014 4:36 AM

Get 4.5 bars then and remove spacers and put them ontop of the stem if it feels too tall.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/3/2014 7:43 AM

Id do that^

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/3/2014 7:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/3/2014 8:04 AM

I have a son about the same age with the same bike.

If he is reaching too far forward get him a zero offset stem. That will bring the bars back towards him so he isn't reaching as much.

|

2/3/2014 8:03 AM

|