Minor Rust a concern ?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/10/2017 3:30 PM

Had my bike on the balcony under a tarp and stuff because I stopped riding but I took it off and found some rust . I knew it'll rust a bit , I knew what would happen I just want to see what people think of how it is currently . It was out for like 2 months ? 3 ? Anyways my frame is raw so it shows pretty good .

I'll post pictures , my main concern is how where the gyro tabs are , there is a slight bit of rust inside , but it seems like surface rust to me . I think it's finally personally .

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/10/2017 3:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2017 5:17 PM

Under all of S&M's descriptions of their frames it says, and I quote, "Translucent colors may show small veins of surface rust under the finish. This is normal and does not affect the integrity of the frame"

I'm not sure if that's what's happening with your frame.

It seems fine to me, I wouldn't worry about it. But that's just my thoughts.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/10/2017 5:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2017 5:39 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Under all of S&M's descriptions of their frames it says, and I quote, "Translucent colors may show small veins of surface rust under the finish. This is normal and does not affect the integrity of the frame"

I'm not sure if that's what's happening with your frame.

It seems fine to me, I wouldn't worry about it. But that's just my thoughts.

Ya like I mentioned I know like the toptube is fine , it's just the one IN the gyro tab insert and the ones by the weld near the gusset that makes me just want to get someone ideas .

I wasn't rained on , it was under a tarp and in a bag , so the rust is just from moisture in the air . It shouldn't be anything too crazy , but you never know .

I honestly love having some rust on the bike (ASS STET ICK LEE ) , it gives it character

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/10/2017 5:59 PM

id take some wd40 and a Scotch bright pad and rub it out and then put some black primer inside the headtube to stop that from rusting out

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

1/10/2017 7:13 PM

I'd just ride it and not be worried about surface rust.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/10/2017 8:25 PM

Aint nuthin

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/11/2017 6:01 AM

The Animal logo on my Varanyak Empire State bars got rusty and it lost it's gold look, I scrubbed off the rust and now it looks raw, should I get new bars?

|

1/12/2017 12:14 PM

Sheldon. wrote:

The Animal logo on my Varanyak Empire State bars got rusty and it lost it's gold look, I scrubbed off the rust and now it looks raw, should I get new bars?

The animal logo on my cranks is rusty too and it's honestly my favourite part of the bike , with the rust it looks really unique.
Photo

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/12/2017 9:34 PM

Long time ago my dad locked up my brand new chrome Redline, outside to our basketball court. Punishment for not doing my homework/poor behavior. My frame developed rust spots, and I was so angry. Eventually took a saw to that cord. Perhaps a minute of cutting and it was free. The thing started to squeak and make grinding noises later on though. Almost everything needed a re-grease, Which I failed to do properly. We used threaded freewheels back then, and was the first part to fail. Broke my collar bone during the accident. So I garage my current bike now, and hate rust just my opinion. I keep everything well lubed. Would never degrease my cassette for extra noise. Believe some do, the part will just wear out faster. So thanks for reading my paragraph, and don't trust your bike to a braided steel cable lock.

|