Modern Bikes Enclosed Dropouts Frame

Related:
Create New Tag

4/23/2012 9:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2013 8:28 AM

Hi, take a look at our new prototype frame. It's a 21" TT with 3/8" Enclosed Dropouts made specifically for female axle hubs. I designed it this way because most hubs are now female. I wanted to adapt this frame to the hubs by making the Enclosed D.O.s We will be testing it in the next few months and you should see it on the market Late Fall. Let us know what you think: How can we improve, what you like/dislike about it, questions, comments.
The Specs:
Handmade In The USA by Standard Byke Company
21" Top Tube
Light Blue
4lbs. 6oz.
3/8" Enclosed Dropouts, 3/16" Thickness
13.5" Chain Stay length (measured from center of bottom bracket to center of dropout slots)
HeadTube: 75 Degree Integrated
SeatTube: 71 Degree, Integrated Seatpost Clamp
Mid Bottom Bracket
8.0" StandOver Height (measured from center of Bottom Bracket to center of Top/Seat Tube junction.
11.5" Bottom Bracket Height
Removable Brake Mounts, Cable Guides, and Gyro Tabs

We cater to you, the riders. So, any feedback is encouraged! My name is Joshua Sequoyah and I've been riding for 11 years and this company has been years in the making. I want this company to be a progressive and for the riders company. All products will be made in the USA. I'm in College for an Entrepreneurship Degree. This company is not a "fly by night" company nor am I just out to make a buck. We will be working on other parts including forks, cranks, sprockets, grips, etc. We will not "copycat" other companies either by going to Taiwan to get are parts or making the same thing others are.(not that this is a bad thing. I'm just going my own way.) Trying to help the industry from doing this. Progression almost has stopped in the industry besides a few companies that are creative and progressive with their products. That is what I'm doing with this company, being creative and progressing. I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys! Thanks!
The link to the site is: ModernBikesBMX.Blogspot.com and the link to the frame page: http://modernbikesbmx.blogspot.com/2012/04/modern-bikes-prototype-park-frame.html

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

4/23/2012 9:44 PM

So what's better about it having enclosed dropouts?

Only think I can think of is having to completely undo your bolts to take the wheel off.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

4/23/2012 9:51 PM

Can't advertise on here unless you are a paying sponsor.

|

4/23/2012 9:52 PM

But keep it up. Made in the USA is where it's at don't change that man.

|

4/23/2012 9:53 PM

Oh yeah, get some gussets on the tt and dt. or atleast do the standard signature big gusset in between. and get some better decals.

|

4/23/2012 10:03 PM

everything about this frame is 5 years late.
Gussets, 8.75+ standover, 14mm enclosed dropouts, Thicker tubes. Also you should get standard to engrave your ht's

|

4/23/2012 10:04 PM

As RiverSideRider has pointed out, we don't allow advertising on the forum unless it's from a paying sponsor.
I just isn't fair if some people can come on here and advertise for free while others are paying to do so.
I'm not the guy to talk to about these things, but I can absolutely shoot you towards the right guy to talk to (if you are interested).

Cheers

|

4/23/2012 10:08 PM

idk... some thick tubing or some tubing design to keep it from denting as much... at least the option for 14mm dropouts... and gussets would be nice

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/23/2012 10:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2012 8:11 AM

This is why I want feedback. This is a prototype and improvements will be made up until the production frames are ordered. To answer your questions:
Alot of riders are riding pegless these days. And hubs like odyssey, Profile, G Sport, and now Shadow has a 3/8" female axle converter kit.
The reason for enclosed are keeping your wheel from shifting forward or backward. It will give you a unique look.
Can't advertise a new company...hmm... you would think they would want to help out new companies as long as they are legit... Paying sponsors??? Ok...
I've ridden Standard frames(recently the 250L) and now most Standard frames don't have gussets because they have changed the way they design their frames. They did away with gussets. But like I said I will be making improvements as we test it. I'm sure they will not need them though. And better decals will be on the productions models. And I will probably make some for this one also.
14mm dropouts are a possibility depending on how many would people would want them. Polls would help!

|

4/23/2012 10:18 PM

RiverSideRider wrote:

everything about this frame is 5 years late.
Gussets, 8.75+ standover, 14mm enclosed dropouts, Thicker tubes. Also you should get standard to engrave your ht's

There are alot of companies that do not have gussets. Again this is a prototype...Improvements/adjustments will be made.

|

4/23/2012 10:20 PM

Jayson718 wrote:

There are alot of companies that do not have gussets. Again this is a prototype...Improvements/adjustments will be made.

Sorry but i don't want your company to fail. Gussets will get more buyers that is a fact.

|

4/23/2012 10:21 PM

And yeah, i am sure you have heard of the s&m WTF.

|

4/23/2012 10:21 PM

I'm not 100% familiar with the advertising rules, so let me just direct you to someone who can better inform you: ttoth@vitalmedianet.com

|

4/23/2012 10:22 PM

Plus they will be the only enclosed dropouts on the market so far.

does the S&M WTF ring a bell?
|

4/23/2012 10:23 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

As RiverSideRider has pointed out, we don't allow advertising on the forum unless it's from a paying sponsor.
I just isn't fair if some people can come on here and advertise for free while others are paying to do so.
I'm not the guy to talk to about these things, but I can absolutely shoot you towards the right guy to talk to (if you are interested).

Cheers

Why is this? Why do you have to pay to advertise on BMX? How much does Vital BMX charge to advertise?

|

4/23/2012 10:25 PM

Jayson718 wrote:

Why is this? Why do you have to pay to advertise on BMX? How much does Vital BMX charge to advertise?

haha

|

4/23/2012 10:30 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote: Plus they will be the only enclosed dropouts on the market so far.

Ok, I didn't know about the S&M WTF. I apologize for this.

Hey riversiderider, we will consider the gussets.

This is why I'm posting this because my company is all about the riders. I'm liking your feedback. It will help improve this frame with YOUR ideas.

|

4/23/2012 10:35 PM

Jayson718 wrote:

This is why I'm posting this because my company is all about the riders. I'm liking your feedback. It will help improve this frame with YOUR ideas.

Gussets will make it stronger & help prevent snaps. I personally like the stickers.. short & simple.

|

4/23/2012 10:36 PM

I'm not asking to advertise. I'm posting in a forum. This is a forum right? Where you can post on ideas and views that can be discussed... But I'll respect Vital's rules... If they don't want this up they will take it down.

|

4/23/2012 10:37 PM

i ride for gt and my prototype has enclosed drop outs

|

4/23/2012 10:39 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote: Plus they will be the only enclosed dropouts on the market so far.

Jayson718 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Gussets will make it stronger & help prevent snaps. I personally like the stickers.. short & simple.

Yes, I know about gussets. As I said, there will be changes before the productions. The stickers can be better. I will have the logo on the HT and the name decals on the down/top tubes on the productions.

|

4/23/2012 10:39 PM

sharifzadeh wrote:

Ok, cool, thanks for letting me know this.

|

4/23/2012 10:45 PM

sharifzadeh wrote:

Im going to have to ask for a picture of said proto.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

4/24/2012 12:40 AM

I have a gsport ratchet. It needs 14mm female dropouts. i'd like a 10" standover, 75 headtube, 21tt, gussets under downtube

|

4/24/2012 5:16 AM

only issue i see ishow large the enclosed dropouts are, they should be a set amount, by having wiggle room, your defeating the purpose of them entirely. toss some gussets as you have seen already, make a unique featue such as a nondenting dt, or even just a unque junction somewhere. give it its own identity. me personally like a 20.75 tt, mid bb, shart chainstay (rockin 13.25) decent tire clearance (make it 2.45 at least so the people can fit there premiums haha), and wish bones are sick as hell!

i dont see how this is advertising seeing as its a proto, but just follow the rules man. makes life alot easier

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/24/2012 5:29 AM

It looks good, but i wouldn't buy it and here's why.
+Needs Top and Downtube gussets
+14mm enclosed dropouts but they need to be shorter. (about 2 axles long)
+More stand-over 8.5 minimum
+Your company needs a logo to slap on the HT

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

4/24/2012 6:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2012 6:11 AM

sharifzadeh wrote:

bloghogs wrote:

Im going to have to ask for a picture of said proto.

someone's jealous? grin

frame ideas
gussets everywhere
14mm
butted, tapered and heatreated everywhere possible
big tire clearance
open dropouts
maltesse bottom bracket (push euro) you might have to pay guerra for the idea
lifetime warranty
gyro tabs holes
intergrated seat clamp
removable brake hardware

and comes in raw with rainbow welds

think thats it....

|

parkrat.

4/24/2012 6:29 AM

If it had gussets and 14mm it would be a sick park frame

|

4/24/2012 7:36 AM

Jayson718 wrote:

This is why I want feedback. This is a prototype and improvements will be made up until the production frames are ordered. To answer your questions:
Alot of riders are riding pegless these days. And hubs like odyssey, Profile, G Sport, and now Shadow has a 3/8" female axle converter kit.
The reason for enclosed are keeping your wheel from shifting forward or backward. It will give you a unique look.
Can't advertise a new company...hmm... you would think they would want to help out new companies as long as they are legit... Paying sponsors??? Ok...
I've ridden Standard frames(recently the 250L) and now most Standard frames don't have gussets because they have changed the way they design their frames. They did away with gussets. But like I said I will be making improvements as we test it. I'm sure they will not need them though. And better decals will be on the productions models. And I will probably make some for this one also.
14mm dropouts are a possibility depending on how many would people would want them. Polls would help!

an enclosed dropout doesn't keep your wheel from shifting.....

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

4/24/2012 7:52 AM

Not only is there the S&M WTF, there is also The Dark frame from Kis Bike Co.

Have you ever seen the Cardinal Ambassador "vertical" dropouts? Cardinal went out of business in March of this year - probably not related to this frame at all - but I also never saw one bike check on this site of that frame.

Here's a progressive idea for you. What if you designed your dropouts with a hubguard built-in for both drive-side and non-drive side? The drive-side would accommodate up to a 10T driver. The non-drive side would mirror this to accommodate RHD/LHD hubs.

|